Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tuesday May 20, 2014

Now that the trade deadline has passed the next significant date for the Celtics is Tuesday May 20,2014. This is the day the lottery draft order is determined. A secondary date tied to this one is June 16, 2014 - the NBA Draft Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET).

Draft is set for June 26, 2014

Not much is going to happen roster wise until after May 20th and more likely not until after the finals. Finals begin June 5, 2014

It's possible someone could get bought out between now and then. Off the top of my head, Bogans or Humphries might be candidates... BUT the C's have precious little cap room to operate with in filling roster spots.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 02-21-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Now that the trade deadline has passed the next significant date for the Celtics is Tuesday May 20,2014. This is the day the lottery draft order is determined. A secondary date tied to this one is June 16, 2014 - the NBA Draft Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET).

Not much is going to happen roster wise until after May 20th and more likely not until after the finals. Finals begin June 5, 2014

It's possible someone could get bought out between now and then. Off the top of my head, Bogans or Humphries might be candidates... BUT the C's have precious little cap room to operate with in filling roster spots.
    I think they will keep Bogans and Humphries. Hump bc I think they may actually want to resign him next year for cheap money and Bogans bc of his trade exception/very tradeable contract!

If a buyout was going to happen I'd say a guy like Joel Anthony might be a candidate.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post

I think they will keep Bogans and Humphries. Hump bc I think they may actually want to resign him next year for cheap money and Bogans bc of his trade exception/very tradeable contract!

If a buyout was going to happen I'd say a guy like Joel Anthony might be a candidate.

And I have the draft lottery day circled on my calendar.
    El Presidente