Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Denver Nuggets (25-28) @ Chicago Bulls (28-25) 2/21 8:00 PM ESPN

(25-28) Denver Nuggets @ Chicago Bulls (28-25)

Friday, February 21st
    8:00 PM ET ESPN

United Center
    Chicago, IL

Denver Nuggets Starters

Aaron Brooks- Randy Foye- Wilson Chandler - Kenneth Faried - J.J. Hickson

Nuggets Reserves

Ty Lawson-Jan Vesely-JaVale McGee- Timofey Mozgov - Quincy Miller- Darrell Arthur - Evan Fournier- Anthony Randolph - Danilo Gallinari - Nate Robinson

Chicago Bulls Starters

Kirk Hinrich - Jimmy Butler- Mike Dunleavy - Carlos Boozer- Joakim Noah

Bulls Reserves

D.J. Augustin-Derrick Rose-Tony Snell-Erik Murphy-Tornike Shengelia-Taj Gibson-Jarvis Varnado-Nazr Mohammed

vCash
    Lets see what we got here then. If Brooks can channel in his inner Nate Rob (pretty much the exact same player..in all aspects)..and we get Ty back...we could make a run.

We were sorely missing Nate Rob's perimeter threat...we get that with Brooks.

Faried says he admits he was nervous with the trade deadline...so he's going to be playing more loose (had himself a 26 point game against the Bucks).

Think we can win this..

vCash
    Chris Marlowe ‏@ChrisMarlowe 21m
    Shaw Presser: @Thirty2zero (Aaron Brooks) will not start but will be "thrown into the action" #Nuggets
    It's going to be nice to have a PG again.

vCash
    Brooks can not defend ****, but actually is one hell of a scorer.

vCash
    Down 23 at half time. Could the nuggets have the worst defence in the league?

vCash
    That's 69 points in one half against a team that averages 92 a game.

vCash
    Wow, this is terrible. Only bright spot is Brooks.

vCash
    Ugh, Darth out with Hip strain.

JJ, nice drive.

vCash
    Foy3!

vCash
    Damn thats two hard falls by AR.. ouch

vCash
    Come on. Hard foul by Faried... Noah is a dick... eject that *** hole

vCash
    Aaron Brooks about to go to battle for his new team mates... lmao. I like him already.

vCash
    WOW..well so much for me thinking we actually had a shot in this one. Over before it even started. Brooks 7-11 from the field..I'll gladly take that.

Give him some time in to acclimate himself..and hopefully Ty comes back and maybe we can battle back to .500.

vCash
    Fuming Nuggets coach Brian Shaw takes his team to task after loss at Chicago

CHICAGO — Nuggets coach Brian Shaw is beyond the point of head-shaking. He was steaming after the Nuggets blowout loss to Chicago on Friday night.

How mad?

I’ll let him take it away. These were his post-game comments.

“As a coach and coaching staff, it’s our job to try to find five players that want to go out and play and want to have some pride and not decide night-to-night that ‘I’m going to play this game and I’m not going to play this game.’ I felt like tonight we had some guys that just decided they weren’t going to play tonight, they weren’t going to put forth any effort to try to get the job done. It’s unfortunate. It’s a nationally televised game that we’re professionals and as a staff we have to beg guys to give effort when they play.

“I told our team I wish paychecks were predicated on night-to-night performance. So if you play like a star on a given night then you get paid like a star. If you play like an uninspired player, then either you don’t get paid or you get paid like an uninspired player. And you can’t just pick and choose when you want. Last night we played Milwaukee, who is obviously down players, they have injuries, they’ve been struggling all season long and we act like the big bad wolf against Milwaukee. And then we come in tonight…and we tuck our tails and we hide basically. We don’t defend at all, from the onset of the game until the end. And thus another 30-point loss for us on the road.

Asked how he can get the message through to his players, Shaw said “I finished most of the fourth quarter with our two new players, Vesely and Aaron Brooks, with our young guys. So they’re going to be hungry, they’re going to want to play. They’re going to go out and make a lot of mistakes. But if they want to play, and the other guys don’t want to play, then I’m going to play the guys who want to put forth the effort and want to play like professionals and go out and earn their paychecks.”
    DP

What took him so ****in long??

I love this kind of talk from our coach...the thing is though..it's pretty clear Shaw has ZERO control or influence on this squad. It's one thing if a coach can't get them to play consistently but if a coach can't get them to put out consistent EFFORT...then that's on the coach. They are just not buying in with anything. He's been struggling since preseason in getting a message across.

The FO did him no favors in basically telling him to take Karl's squad and put your spin on it while competing...but Shaw did himself no favors in constantly going back and forth with a "system" and no system. And just being flat out stubborn.

Why keep playing Faried and Hickson together when they BOTH are inconsistent with their effort?? START Mozzy for god's sakes. Anthony ****in Randolph..gets a start over Mozzy. Why?? Mozzy is by far and away the teams best interior defender the Nuggs have...yet Shaw NEVER rewards him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Give him some time in to acclimate himself..and hopefully Ty comes back and maybe we can battle back to .500.
    Totally agree with you on Brooks. He can be a nice asset, especially if there is a chance to sign him longterm this offseason. He can be a legit threat, alongside Lawson and Robinson. And we need 3 PGs, I just don't trust Lawson in a 82 games season. I really like Brooks.

But I gotta ask this, wouldn't it make more sense to go as low as we can the rest of this season? I get it, we do not want this team and Shaw to be labeled as a losing team in his first coaching year. But seeing the bigger picture, a high pick in this years draft with all of our guys returning next season? Intruiging. Very intruiging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast