Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Why Miami should pursue Big Baby?

Big baby is big. Big enough to match up well against Indiana's David West. Energy is contagious and to team up the Birdman with Big Baby, I don't think any team could beat Miami in a 7 game series. Miami has a chance to improve the roster now by going after Big Baby. Riley can get it done. Why not go for him and worry about Kaman, Buttler or anybody else later? Toney Douglas can still be cut? Can he?

vCash
    Since 2011 all I hear is you need size to beat Miami and everyone has just about been bigger than us. Since 2011 nobody has beaten us when it counted. Maybe we don't need to worry so much about our size and get a wing player who can defend.

vCash

And don't forget the shot last year and ALL of the games 7

If we had a legit big guy who could take minutes nobody would take this team to 7

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    2011 had nothing to do with size.....

But in any case, I co-sign Big Baby. He could essentially fill the Haslem role and he can help prevent David West from always killing us.

vCash
    I do agree this team will win another title in this current state, but Riley is the architect. If he goes after a dude, it will work. Kaman is that guy. Riley nearly drafted him over Wade, go figure lol.

vCash
    I'd cosign either Glen Davis or Chris Kaman. Both are big men who can shoot and rebound and play the same role Haslem has been playing but better.

Davis is the better defender than Kaman, but Kaman is clearly a better scorer and rebounder. But recently there have been no indications Kaman is seeking a buyout since the Lakers have put him back in the rotation. He's averaging 30 minutes per game over the last 5 games and is putting up good numbers (19 PPG / 9 REB / 49%). If all he is looking to do is showcase himself for the next contract, he's doing a fine job at that. But if he wants a buyout to play on a more meaningful team and a chance at a championship, then we have about 1 week for him to get bought out.

Should Riley grab Davis now before the Clippers or another team picks him up instead? or should he wait around and see if Kaman gets bought out?

Although Davis could get a bigger role with LA, he might want to sign with Miami assuming he brought his family to Orlando, they would be closer.

vCash
    Big baby would be an awesome addition but I think he will reunite with his old coach in LA. His energy off the bench would be the exact boost this team needs. He might have a Birdman-like effect on this team.

vCash
    I wish Miami had traded Jones as well to create additional roster spot. I hope we don't lose our #2 target while waiting on #1.

vCash

Sounds like we're quietly pursuing him...I agree with naps though, I can see him as LA bound to reunite with Doc. But you never know....

vCash
    Yea Davis would be a good pick up. Pick and roll with Bron would be a nightmare for teams especially with the other perimeter shooters they have.