Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Phil Jackson

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90
    vCash
    1500

    Phil Jackson

    I think we all know it's a long shot but the stars are aligning for Phil Jackson to come be our new GM. I think gores made dumars stand pat at the deadline so our next GM can have as many assets to do with what he desires. Having drummond to build around with assets like jennings smith and monroe which are talented players just not championship caliber players. A guy can dream right

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,337
    vCash
    5054
    Idunno man, it seems like such a waste to keep CV and Stuck around past the deadline just to entice a guy that isn't a rational candidate anyway. Hell, even if we'd moved those guys for picks it would be more options for a new GM to work with.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    7,436
    vCash
    1500
    Gores is going to have his hands full when trying to sell this team to potential GM candidates, no first rounder in a potentially league changing draft? Dirty contracts (Smith, Jennings)? NO real depth on the team... not exactly good selling points. Only thing positive is Andre Drummond, not sure if that'll be enough to entice a competent GM to come in here.

    Dathomir Rancors (1-1)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,860
    vCash
    1500
    I want a younger advanced stats kinda GM. You have to be smart with your money and build around Drummond. I dont know how good of a GM Jackson would be but I really dont want to find out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,509
    vCash
    1500
    Will not happen. Lakers or bust for him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    I want a younger advanced stats kinda GM. You have to be smart with your money and build around Drummond. I dont know how good of a GM Jackson would be but I really dont want to find out.
    Yeah I agree with this. Phil Jackson is a nice name but not really who I want as our next gm. Maybe that's dumb because who knows he could be great


    AAP: Kim English

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,152
    vCash
    2500
    I don't think it will be difficult to find a prominent GM. There are only 30 NBA GM positions and it's a dream job to so many people who have the required resume.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    11,443
    vCash
    1500
    Anybody who doesn't suck I want as the GM...hell if you won a title in 2k14 you're probably a better candidate than Dumars. Dumars is probably still playing association mode on NBA 2k5 with Ben Wallace on the cover that costed 19.99 on the ps2. Probably created all the new players in the league and made Jennings & Smith 99 overalls and that's why he wanted draft picks and ****



    AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,337
    vCash
    5054
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Anybody who doesn't suck I want as the GM...hell if you won a title in 2k14 you're probably a better candidate than Dumars. Dumars is probably still playing association mode on NBA 2k5 with Ben Wallace on the cover that costed 19.99 on the ps2. Probably created all the new players in the league and made Jennings & Smith 99 overalls and that's why he wanted draft picks and ****


    I miss when 2K was $20

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,509
    vCash
    1500
    NBA live was $30 you cheap ****s!

    I hated the free throw on 2k5 lol
    Live had the glare on the backboard haha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90
    vCash
    1500
    I think I would rather have Phil Jackson than taking a risk on a new age gm and having him struggle..Phil Jackson will attract free agents just based on the name alone. Coaches will want to come here it just creates an atmosphere here that our franchise needs again. Not to mention the fact that gores and Jackson are close friends it make us have hope

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,779
    vCash
    1500
    i think phil jackson is overrated, there i said it
    POP! POP!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Blink's Mind
    Posts
    1,101
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Anybody who doesn't suck I want as the GM...hell if you won a title in 2k14 you're probably a better candidate than Dumars. Dumars is probably still playing association mode on NBA 2k5 with Ben Wallace on the cover that costed 19.99 on the ps2. Probably created all the new players in the league and made Jennings & Smith 99 overalls and that's why he wanted draft picks and ****
    LOL!!!!

    Id be cool with Phil but no way in hell he'd come here. He loves LA too much

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyePride View Post
    I think I would rather have Phil Jackson than taking a risk on a new age gm and having him struggle..Phil Jackson will attract free agents just based on the name alone. Coaches will want to come here it just creates an atmosphere here that our franchise needs again. Not to mention the fact that gores and Jackson are close friends it make us have hope

    Phil Jackson will attract free agents just based on the name alone.

    No, they won't and there's not a shred of evidence to prove it. Quick, name the GM of SA? Not everyone can say that in a heart beat. GMs might be able to get their call taken, but really - it's a business.

    Coaches will want to come here it just creates an atmosphere here that our franchise needs again

    Not in a million years. Who wants to take over for Warren Buffet or Steve Jobs? It creates too much pressure.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,647
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah he'd be a darn good GM but I doubt he'd want to come to Detroit to be GM.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •