Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phil Jackson

vCash

Phil Jackson

I think we all know it's a long shot but the stars are aligning for Phil Jackson to come be our new GM. I think gores made dumars stand pat at the deadline so our next GM can have as many assets to do with what he desires. Having drummond to build around with assets like jennings smith and monroe which are talented players just not championship caliber players. A guy can dream right

vCash
    Idunno man, it seems like such a waste to keep CV and Stuck around past the deadline just to entice a guy that isn't a rational candidate anyway. Hell, even if we'd moved those guys for picks it would be more options for a new GM to work with.

vCash
    Gores is going to have his hands full when trying to sell this team to potential GM candidates, no first rounder in a potentially league changing draft? Dirty contracts (Smith, Jennings)? NO real depth on the team... not exactly good selling points. Only thing positive is Andre Drummond, not sure if that'll be enough to entice a competent GM to come in here.

Detroit Lions (10-4)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (5-19)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    I want a younger advanced stats kinda GM. You have to be smart with your money and build around Drummond. I dont know how good of a GM Jackson would be but I really dont want to find out.

vCash
    Will not happen. Lakers or bust for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    I want a younger advanced stats kinda GM. You have to be smart with your money and build around Drummond. I dont know how good of a GM Jackson would be but I really dont want to find out.
    Yeah I agree with this. Phil Jackson is a nice name but not really who I want as our next gm. Maybe that's dumb because who knows he could be great

AAP: Kim English

vCash
    I don't think it will be difficult to find a prominent GM. There are only 30 NBA GM positions and it's a dream job to so many people who have the required resume.

vCash
    Anybody who doesn't suck I want as the GM...hell if you won a title in 2k14 you're probably a better candidate than Dumars. Dumars is probably still playing association mode on NBA 2k5 with Ben Wallace on the cover that costed 19.99 on the ps2. Probably created all the new players in the league and made Jennings & Smith 99 overalls and that's why he wanted draft picks and ****

#HandItOnly2Bell
    SigBet that Suh stays in Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sig bet!
    Sig bet!
    I'll step up. I'm pretty sure he's gone too.

vCash
    Anybody who doesn't suck I want as the GM...hell if you won a title in 2k14 you're probably a better candidate than Dumars. Dumars is probably still playing association mode on NBA 2k5 with Ben Wallace on the cover that costed 19.99 on the ps2. Probably created all the new players in the league and made Jennings & Smith 99 overalls and that's why he wanted draft picks and ****

I miss when 2K was $20

vCash
    NBA live was $30 you cheap ****s!

I hated the free throw on 2k5 lol
    Live had the glare on the backboard haha

vCash
    I think I would rather have Phil Jackson than taking a risk on a new age gm and having him struggle..Phil Jackson will attract free agents just based on the name alone. Coaches will want to come here it just creates an atmosphere here that our franchise needs again. Not to mention the fact that gores and Jackson are close friends it make us have hope

vCash
    i think phil jackson is overrated, there i said it
    POP! POP!

vCash
    LOL!!!!

Id be cool with Phil but no way in hell he'd come here. He loves LA too much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyePride View Post
    I think I would rather have Phil Jackson than taking a risk on a new age gm and having him struggle..Phil Jackson will attract free agents just based on the name alone. Coaches will want to come here it just creates an atmosphere here that our franchise needs again. Not to mention the fact that gores and Jackson are close friends it make us have hope

Phil Jackson will attract free agents just based on the name alone.

No, they won't and there's not a shred of evidence to prove it. Quick, name the GM of SA? Not everyone can say that in a heart beat. GMs might be able to get their call taken, but really - it's a business.

Coaches will want to come here it just creates an atmosphere here that our franchise needs again

Not in a million years. Who wants to take over for Warren Buffet or Steve Jobs? It creates too much pressure.

vCash
    Yeah he'd be a darn good GM but I doubt he'd want to come to Detroit to be GM.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast