Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Russell Westbrook

Is anyone else getting annoyed at how easily Westbrook comes back from these knee surgeries? I know everyone heals differently but damn he makes Rose look bad when he comes back almost instantly.

vCash

Russell Westbrook

Russell has been awful tonight.

vCash
    He's not playing well, but he still looks pretty quick and explosive.

vCash
    I'm just talking about how quick he returns

vCash
    He never tore an ACL.

vCash

Russell Westbrook

Russ came back quickly because he got his meniscus partially removed this time instead of just repairing it. So as a result, the recovery time was short. Had he got it repaired, like Rose he'd be out for the season right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Russ came back quickly because he got his meniscus partially removed this time instead of just repairing it. So as a result, the recovery time was short. Had he got it repaired, like Rose he'd be out for the season right now.
    And he also shortened his career by doing it.

I'm not 12, so I can be patient and wait for Rose to come back at full health. I'd much rather be patient and get a longer career out of a guy then rush a guy back and cut years off of his career.

vCash
    I don't really understand throwing Rose into this.

Westbrook's last two surgeries haven't been anything close to Rose's. The one in October was to reduce swelling caused by a loose stitch from his first surgery, not too serious. And the most recent one was an arthroscopic surgery to reduce swelling.

http://nba.si.com/2013/10/01/russell...-city-thunder/

http://nba.si.com/2013/12/27/russell...nder-all-star/

Westbrook hasn't torn an ACL like Rose.

Their meniscus tears weren't the same either. Rose tore his medial meniscus, versus Westbrook tearing his lateral meniscus (he missed 6 months, pretty much the expected time range).

This isn't to say that Westbrook hasn't recovered at a great pace before, but comparing the surgeries he's returned from to what Rose has gone through isn't really pertinent here imo.

vCash
    My feelings about Rose is that he will never play a full season no matter how healthy he gets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5:28013057
    My feelings about Rose is that he will never play a full season no matter how healthy he gets.
    I agreed reluctantly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    Is anyone else getting annoyed at how easily Westbrook comes back from these knee surgeries?
    If he had an ACL tear, then maybe.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    I think this thread is stupid, there is a severe diference between a torn acl and a sprained knee or whatever westrook had LOL

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    I'm only talking about the meniscus tears. Not the ACL injury. Russ had surgery the day after Christmas and is back playing. If Rose had a surgery of any kind on his knee in that time span I have a feeling we'd be hearing the organization say he's out for the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    Is anyone else getting annoyed at how easily Westbrook comes back from these knee surgeries? I know everyone heals differently but damn he makes Rose look bad when he comes back almost instantly.
    he isnt making rose look bad,rose is doing that by himself,what westbrook does has no baring/impact on rose.

vCash
    Rose's seemingly indifference is a lil disturbing. So hard to get a read on things. It's all kinda surreal to me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast