Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 100

Thread: 2014 Off-Season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,454
    vCash
    1500

    2014 Off-Season

    So the trade deadline went by and I dont think there is nothing to be happy about?

    But yeah, time to move on and talk about what's gonna happen next.

    Offseason: How would you like to construct a 13-man roster?

    Who to retain among:

    Jordan Farmar
    Pau Gasol
    Xavier Henry
    Jordan Hill
    Wesley Johnson
    Chris Kaman
    Jodie Meeks
    Nick Young

    Sad to say but these players are under contract:

    Sacre
    Brooks
    Bazemore
    Marshall
    Nash

    Thoughts?
    Kalifornia Love

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,702
    vCash
    1500
    1 fire Dantoni
    2 Hire Sloan, or Karl or somethin of the like.
    3 Fire mitch
    4 Hire Phil as Gm
    5 Jeanniw take over Jimmy.

    6 Offer a 4 year 40 million deal to Lowry
    7 get Raptors to accept a sign and trade for lowry with Nash expiring and a second rounder in order that captain canada retires a hero at home.
    8 Draft a big man.
    9 Sign pau to a TWO year 10 million deal.
    10 Convince Swaggy to take the next eyar options, promising to pay more later( while lying).
    11 Take kellys and Marshall options.
    12 Sign Deng to a 4 year 48 Million Deal.
    13 Throw the rest of our capspace at DIRK on a TWO year deal.
    14 see where this team leads us in 2014 and 2015 seasons.
    15 have a foundation of Lowry, Deng and our 2014 Rookie and all the capspace in the world to throw the picth at westbrook or durant, with some luck maybe we can throw a 2014 or 2015 ring in the pitch too.

    2014-15
    Lowry/Kobe/Deng/Dirk/ Pau bench, Marshall, Brooks, Swaggy, Rookie, Sacre + whoever comes for vets mínimum.
    Coach, sloan or Karl or something of the like.
    ]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,363
    vCash
    1500
    Draft best player available

    see who is there for FA. If we somehow get a big name (lebron) but they are only willing to sign if MDA is fired, then fire him. If that's not the case, keep MDA around to jack up our players stats in hopes of mid-season trades.

    No melo

    Wait it out until 2015 unless something falls in your lap.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    232
    vCash
    1500
    Continue signing 1 year rentals until mana falls from heaven.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,377
    vCash
    1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    1 fire Dantoni
    2 Hire Sloan, or Karl or somethin of the like.
    3 Fire mitch
    4 Hire Phil as Gm
    5 Jeanniw take over Jimmy.

    6 Offer a 4 year 40 million deal to Lowry
    7 get Raptors to accept a sign and trade for lowry with Nash expiring and a second rounder in order that captain canada retires a hero at home.
    8 Draft a big man.
    9 Sign pau to a TWO year 10 million deal.
    10 Convince Swaggy to take the next eyar options, promising to pay more later( while lying).
    11 Take kellys and Marshall options.
    12 Sign Deng to a 4 year 48 Million Deal.
    13 Throw the rest of our capspace at DIRK on a TWO year deal.
    14 see where this team leads us in 2014 and 2015 seasons.
    15 have a foundation of Lowry, Deng and our 2014 Rookie and all the capspace in the world to throw the picth at westbrook or durant, with some luck maybe we can throw a 2014 or 2015 ring in the pitch too.

    2014-15
    Lowry/Kobe/Deng/Dirk/ Pau bench, Marshall, Brooks, Swaggy, Rookie, Sacre + whoever comes for vets mínimum.
    Coach, sloan or Karl or something of the like.
    Completely forgot Dirk was a free agent. Lakers would actually be really fun to watch with Dirk.
    #Chow!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    232
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    Completely forgot Dirk was a free agent. Lakers would actually be really fun to watch with Dirk.
    D'Antoni would jizz his pants.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,019
    vCash
    1500
    Eh. We're probably going to go another 20+ years without a championship.... like the Dodgers.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,702
    vCash
    1500
    Just checked capspaces and rosters.

    Dudes, brace yourselves, Pau most likely will take an offer from jimbo and mitch to stay.

    Teams that wont offer for pau:
    Clip, Warr, Celt, Wolv, Pac, Nugg, Pist, Kings, Blaz, Rock, Mag, Jazz, Six

    Teams that pau wont be interested in:
    Nets, Knicks, Raps, Wiz, Pel, Cav, Hor, Bucks

    Teams that would need him to take a MASSIVE paycutt to sign with but could theoreticaly interest him and have interest in him:
    Heat, Grizz, Thun, Spurs..............he is not going to take that few money.

    This leave us with this viable Money and somehow contending teams:
    Bulls, Mavs, Hawks, Suns.........
    none of them offer him enough guarantees of a shot of a title.


    he is staying for some two year 18 million deal.
    ]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    1 fire Dantoni
    2 Hire Sloan, or Karl or somethin of the like.
    3 Fire mitch
    4 Hire Phil as Gm
    5 Jeanniw take over Jimmy.

    6 Offer a 4 year 40 million deal to Lowry
    7 get Raptors to accept a sign and trade for lowry with Nash expiring and a second rounder in order that captain canada retires a hero at home.
    8 Draft a big man.
    9 Sign pau to a TWO year 10 million deal.
    10 Convince Swaggy to take the next eyar options, promising to pay more later( while lying).
    11 Take kellys and Marshall options.
    12 Sign Deng to a 4 year 48 Million Deal.
    13 Throw the rest of our capspace at DIRK on a TWO year deal.
    14 see where this team leads us in 2014 and 2015 seasons.
    15 have a foundation of Lowry, Deng and our 2014 Rookie and all the capspace in the world to throw the picth at westbrook or durant, with some luck maybe we can throw a 2014 or 2015 ring in the pitch too.

    2014-15
    Lowry/Kobe/Deng/Dirk/ Pau bench, Marshall, Brooks, Swaggy, Rookie, Sacre + whoever comes for vets mínimum.
    Coach, sloan or Karl or something of the like.
    Phil and Sloan or Karl on the same page? It never happen. Dirk? The vino is great! Gasol possible,but according to you,teams will trow cash at his feet. Lowry won't be needed,because Farmar and marshal will be retain. Lakers Will draft Exum and he will be the future point guard. Definitely fired the clown,but Jimbaco will not do that,because he has to give him "a fair shot" before that happen. One fact could change the equation,the Lakers drafting Embiid. Then they will have to hire a coach that could develop a center.
    The lucky one!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,094
    vCash
    1500
    Then Gasol will be need it to help the guy to learn to play tHe post at this level.^
    The lucky one!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Just checked capspaces and rosters.

    Dudes, brace yourselves, Pau most likely will take an offer from jimbo and mitch to stay.

    Teams that wont offer for pau:
    Clip, Warr, Celt, Wolv, Pac, Nugg, Pist, Kings, Blaz, Rock, Mag, Jazz, Six

    Teams that pau wont be interested in:
    Nets, Knicks, Raps, Wiz, Pel, Cav, Hor, Bucks

    Teams that would need him to take a MASSIVE paycutt to sign with but could theoreticaly interest him and have interest in him:
    Heat, Grizz, Thun, Spurs..............he is not going to take that few money.

    This leave us with this viable Money and somehow contending teams:
    Bulls, Mavs, Hawks, Suns.........
    none of them offer him enough guarantees of a shot of a title.


    he is staying for some two year 18 million deal.
    If a were him I will take any offer coming from Miami or Spurs. No taxes and ring for sure. My personal recommendation would be Spurs,because he will grow so e with Pop and he will extend his sport's life.
    But lakers and the sunshine state might convince him to accept about 20 for two years and try one more time to run for a chance. Lakers have to revamp the team with two strong vets all depending on the draft too. The coach is the key issue. This guy might run all our bigs out of town!
    The lucky one!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Eh. We're probably going to go another 20+ years without a championship.... like the Dodgers.
    As bad as we are now,the. Lakers will win at least two in 10 years. Embiid,wiggins,Parker or Exum might be the crop that gives us one big chance. Lakers have history and tons of cash to retry.
    The lucky one!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    5,821
    vCash
    1500
    I think Kobe is also under contract next season

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    188
    vCash
    1500
    draft EXUM!!!! to the future!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,315
    vCash
    1500
    it's going to go 2 ways:

    1. It's going to suck meaning a sucking draft pick, Nash still here, D'Antoni still here, and a not so good roster

    OR

    2. It's going to be the beginning of a new era for the Lakers with a great draft pick, a new and better head coach to lead this team to the future and possibly one all-star if not then we still have 2015 and 2016.

    All I know is that this offseason will make or break our foreseeable future

    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •