Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cool Raiders/Mark Davis Very Impressed with QB Johnny Manziel

Video Link to DA speaking about Johnny Manziel

Link:
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/al...-favor-qb-no-5

Update on Manziel:

The Oakland Raiders fell in love with a draft prospect who showed outstanding speed and athleticism at the 2014 NFL Combine. It just happens to be that player is a quarterback this year: Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel.

-According to Sirius XM NFL Radio, Raiders' officials came away "very impressed" with Manziel in Indianapolis, including owner Mark Davis. Although Manziel did deliver with a Raiders-pleasing 40-yard dash, his meeting with the team also went well.

-
    Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel was reportedly "very impressive" in interviews with the Jaguars and Raiders at the NFL Scouting Combine over the weekend.

"He did a really nice job in there. He was prepared for the interview, very prepared," Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said. "We’ve found nothing that’s come across as a fatal flaw to us." Raiders owner Mark Davis was said to be "very impressed" after Oakland's 15-minute sit-down with Johnny Football. The Jaguars and Raiders hold the third and fifth picks, respectively, in May's draft.

Per Rotoworld and Sports illustrated
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 02-25-2014 at 02:47 PM.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Lol, the real or I should say "full" interview has been posted on a different thread. That video is so out of context its kind of funny. They specificaly asked him about Manziel, thats why he responded. Then the video got clearly cut and forwarded to a different conversation and is captioned "Raiders Favor QB at 5" - such bad media.

vCash
    I hope they find their QB at #5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I hope they find their QB at #5.
    Amen, my Raider brother. This franchise (and it's fans) has been down long enough, it's time to rise up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    Amen, my Raider brother. This franchise (and it's fans) has been down long enough, it's time to rise up!
    I wish we would give Jason Campbell another run. He was comming into his own and could make us respectable at least maybe even let us make a run. He also has a report with moore. He is probably going to be a free agent and if we can get a real defense together we could be good. I just don't think this draft has a qb worth taking at 5 and we should be drafting defense.

vCash
    If it aint teddy i dont want any of them...

Id feel much better with shaub

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider56 View Post
    I wish we would give Jason Campbell another run. He was comming into his own and could make us respectable at least maybe even let us make a run. He also has a report with moore. He is probably going to be a free agent and if we can get a real defense together we could be good. I just don't think this draft has a qb worth taking at 5 and we should be drafting defense.
    x2. Maybe I just have a bad taste left in my mouth given all our qb issues over the past decade, but I'd rather just build a team like kc or sf, create a great team, then get a non crappy/good enough qb, rather than keep trying to roll the dice on the "qb of the future"
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    x2. Maybe I just have a bad taste left in my mouth given all our qb issues over the past decade, but I'd rather just build a team like kc or sf, create a great team, then get a non crappy/good enough qb, rather than keep trying to roll the dice on the "qb of the future"
    That's right. We had our chance when we drafted you-know-who with the number 1 pick.
    Now we have to build from the ground up.

vCash
    Khalil Mack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post
    If it aint teddy i dont want any of them...

Id feel much better with shaub
    I hope your it being serious. Schaub? Really? He couldn't even beat out horrible defense last year and lost the job To an undrafted rookie.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Did I hear Shaub ? Get outta hea! ( My Boston accent.)

I'm scared of the following players: Bortels, Manziel, and Barr.

Safe picks to me would be: Matthews, Watkins, Bridgewater, and Mack.

On the fence: Clowney.

However, I'm full confident that both Allen and McKenzie will fuak this draft up once again. I have absolutely no faith in either, and really look forward to free agency more so than the draft.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Give me teddy or manziel and I'll be happy. Hell even Clowney. If they take an O-lineman I will slap my gf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    Give me teddy or manziel and I'll be happy. Hell even Clowney. If they take an O-lineman I will slap my gf.

I agree, not slap my gf exactly, but yes gimme one of those 3. Bortles would even do. Im just glad DA mention all positions that I believe we need. QB, DE, WR, CB. Skill positions, Skill positions, Skill Positions!

vCash
    Ich will blake bortles....

vCash
    I'm starting to feel ok about drafting any of the 3 top QBs (Manziel #1 though). As long as Reggie believes in one of them, you have to get him. Defense winning Superbowls is fine and everything, but Franchise QBs at least gives you the chance at the playoffs, which we haven't had for over a decade. IMO, draft your QB, buy the pass rushers. It makes it easy when the QB market in FA, well sucks, and it's got many quality pass rushers.

If you think your franchise QB is there in the 1st round, focus on getting at least 2 D-line players, a WR, a DB, OL, and back-up vet QB in free agency. Then draft your QB (let's say Bortles is there) in the 1st, and the rest of the draft can fill the roster out (depth at RB, DL, LB, OL).

If we walk away from FA with a top DE, a starting C or G, a starting corner, and a solid WR, then add our drafted QB (Bortles is the example here assuming the other 2 are gone) and some solid rookie depth at key positions (RB and OL would be great), I would be comfortable with that.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 02-21-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast