Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Need some Pinto advice from the Twins fans

Hey All

Mets fan here came for some advice. I play in a baseball league for a game called Strat O Matic baseball. Been around forever but not popular in all the world. I have a high pick in our upcoming draft this weekend and I need a future catcher to have behind Wilson Ramos since he gets hurt all the time. I could take Gattis or Pinto. Gattis can hit the long ball but other then that he does not walk, does not get on base a lot, so in this game I play it hurts his value. I am thinking about taking Pinto. The only issue is I am not sure if he is for real. I read things on the internet but it is very limited information when it comes to him. All I know is the last year and a half he started to really turn it on in AA and AAA and was good in limited time in Majors last year. It also states he is not a good defender which I can live with since Ramos is. I also know Suzuki is going to start and Pinto will either back him up or go to AAA to start season. That does not worry me as Suzuki is trash (No offense) and it will not be long. So I am asking the fans with all the knowledge. Is Pinto the teams future catcher? Is he the guy they deem will be the man for a long time to come. Or is he just a place holder for a year or two for another young gun?

Thanks for your time. And by the way Buxton is going to be such a stud! AS if you did not already know that haha

vCash
    Wilson Ramos was a Twin at one point, too. I'm sure any info from that time would be outdated by now, though...

Pinto from A+ ball had a high OPS. .850 was about the average for him as he matured and played AA and AAA ball. The line he put up with the Twins, as you know, was only 70 at bats. While the numbers are encouraging I don't expect them to hold up over 350+ at bats. Pinto drew walks and didn't strike out much in the minors. If he can continue that trend the outlook looks good.

I'm optimistic about Pinto in 2014. I'm historically a pessimistic person.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM

vCash
    Josmil Pinto will play as much as his bat will allow him to. Defensively, he should be at least adequate. He takes walks and gets enough base hits to have an above average OBP. The sabremetricians should like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM