Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raiders will meet with McFadden's Agent to Discuss Re-signing Him

The player rep for free agent Darren McFadden will meet with the Raiders Saturday.
    We wouldn't expect talks to get very far. The frustratingly talented McFadden has missed 19 games over the last three seasons, averaged 3.29 YPC over the last two years and fell behind Rashad Jennings on the depth chart last season. The Raiders are fully expected to let McFadden hit the open market, where old friend Hue Jackson -- now the offensive coordinator of the Bengals -- could make an offer. Don't expect a hot market.
    Related: Bengals, Browns
    Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter Feb 20 - 8:27 AM

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Reggie: "We'll give you $100,000 for every game you play more than 50% of snaps."

That should keep us on the hook for oh, $100,000.

Good riddance. He showed little to no desire the last two years, hurt or not.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    It's best that the Raiders and DMC part ways at this point. He needs a change of scenery and we need someone young to come in and hopefully dominate at the tailback position with consistency for the next 3 years at least.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    I have had more than enough of DMC draining this ballclub. I would have been more excited to read that the Raiders called in Jennings to discuss a future contract.

vCash
    He's not coming back IMO. They'll probably offer him a 2 million dollar deal at best (I would take him if he moves to slot WR). Chris hansen tweeted earlier today that Jennings might want a big contract. Makes me think they also leaked this so Jennings doesn't get comfortable. It's like telling your girl to straighten up because you've got another chick available.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    I dont care about dmc anymore. I really dont. If reggie resigns him im going to be completely confused.

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    If we resign him ... 2 yrs 6 million is max max max

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post
    If we resign him ... 2 yrs 6 million is max max max
    Only if 3 of those 6 million are incentives for actually playing 80% of the season.
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss and krsonekth

vCash
    Time to turn the page on McFadden. He is a wasted roster spot so far as I am concerned.

vCash
    If McFadden wants to be the polar opposite of JaMarcus Russell, take base salary contacts at league minimum guaranteed salary with incentives, and WANTS to be a Raider, I would give him a chance to make the roster in preseason.

vCash
    Dmac is gone, sheets Murray and a free agent hopefully is Jennings will compete maybee another body but DMC needs to go just another jersey that I will leave hanging in my closet .... I gotta stop buying jerseys right after the draft!!! Russell DMC McClain almost bought Hayden sport a custom one now with my last name LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theGhost-isGone View Post
    If McFadden wants to be the polar opposite of JaMarcus Russell, take base salary contacts at league minimum guaranteed salary with incentives, and WANTS to be a Raider, I would give him a chance to make the roster in preseason.
    I agree. One year minimum, incentive deal to prove his value and he can get paid next season if he improves. McFadden has a been a huge disappointment. That being said I think half of it is him and half of it is our coaching staff. It wouldn't surprise me the least to see him turn it around in cincy.

The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

vCash
    Id much rather have McFadden for dirt cheap than to pay Jennings average to above average money, just my opinion. Id be happy with signing neither and drafting one in 3rd round or later

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life:28010819
    I agree. One year minimum, incentive deal to prove his value and he can get paid next season if he improves. McFadden has a been a huge disappointment. That being said I think half of it is him and half of it is our coaching staff. It wouldn't surprise me the least to see him turn it around in cincy.
    Improving his stock is something I would guess he would try to do, which is good for any team who signs him. A player with something to prove and with his athletic ability can be a tremendous combination of attributes. There's a reason he was drafted so high, I still want to see him trying to justify where he was selected (though I doubt he ever will completely).

vCash
    Improving his stock is something I would guess he would try to do, which is good for any team who signs him. A player with something to prove and with his athletic ability can be a tremendous combination of attributes. There's a reason he was drafted so high, I still want to see him trying to justify where he was selected (though I doubt he ever will completely).
    I'm still on the fence. I don't think he will ever be the player he could have been prior to the injuries, but I still think he could probably be a 1000 yard back in the right system. I think he will definitely need to be a rotational player with a creative offensive coordinator though.

The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast