Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cap

vCash

The Cap

Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 02-20-2014 at 12:52 PM.

vCash
    meh. only inflates FA. Guess it helps teams like us who give their QB ridiculous contracts at the expense of the rest of the team a little bit.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    good, give most of it to Joseph . . . unless we want to bank on Hankins, 30 plus yr old Hankins and continually draft DT in search of a good one.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    meh. only inflates FA. Guess it helps teams like us who give their QB ridiculous contracts at the expense of the rest of the team a little bit.
    We're the prime example of a team that benefits from this. Lots of talent and money invested at each position and a need for a little wiggle room to keep some names around.

Depending on their plan to rebuild the offensive line, this could very well mean that either Nicks or Joseph could stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We're the prime example of a team that benefits from this. Lots of talent and money invested at each position and a need for a little wiggle room to keep some names around.

Depending on their plan to rebuild the offensive line, this could very well mean that either Nicks or Joseph could stay.
    My preference would be to fix at least one position of the OL via free agency, re-sign Joseph (to keep that monster DL intact), and go after someone like Boldin. I would rather go after a guy like Boldin for a year or two than lock up Nicks at this point, based on his behavior this past year. Also, Boldin brings a fiery personality to the offensive side of the ball that we lost with the departure of Bradshaw. The other thing that I like about Boldin is that he still commands attention over the top. Nicks seemed that as the season progressed was being beaten in single coverage by the DB.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    good, give most of it to Joseph . . . unless we want to bank on Hankins, 30 plus yr old Hankins and continually draft DT in search of a good one.
    ... I don't think you know who Hankins is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    ... I don't think you know who Hankins is.
    Maybe he meant Jenkins?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    Maybe he meant Jenkins?
    No he meant Patterson. Jenkins is not going to be a FA this year, but Mike Patterson is.

What if the Giants try to sign Nicks to a one-year deal to prove himself again? I think that might be worth it.
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 02-20-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    No he meant Patterson. Jenkins is not going to be a FA this year, but Mike Patterson is.

What if the Giants try to sign Nicks to a one-year deal to prove himself again? I think that might be worth it.
    He's gonna get a much better offer then that, would be nice but not gonna happen..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    He's gonna get a much better offer then that, would be nice but not gonna happen..
    yeah here's the way that would go:

Giants: We'll give you a 1 year $4 mil deal with incentives

Patriots: Well we can try you out for 2 years, $5mil/year

Raiders: OMFG WE'LL GIVE YOU $7mil PER YEAR FOR 5 YEARS

and done.

vCash
    yeah here's the way that would go:

Giants: We'll give you a 1 year $4 mil deal with incentives

Patriots: Well we can try you out for 2 years, $5mil/year

Raiders: OMFG WE'LL GIVE YOU $7mil PER YEAR FOR 5 YEARS

and done.
    lol yup

vCash
    Yea, I thought so, but who do you think is going to give Nicks a better offer? The two teams that were in the front-run for him, The Pats & Panthers, have tight cap spaces and need to make some moves to get more space.
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Yea, I thought so, but who do you think is going to give Nicks a better offer? The two teams that were in the front-run for him, The Pats & Panthers, have tight cap spaces and need to make some moves to get more space.
    Somebody will pay him just like the Dolphins paid Wallace, maybe the change of scenery he thrives or he continues to play half speed and struggles..

Honestly I really wouldn't be surprised if we draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd.. JR will get Eli is big WR one way or another..

vCash
    Somebody will pay him just like the Dolphins paid Wallace, maybe the change of scenery he thrives or he continues to play half speed and struggles..

Honestly I really wouldn't be surprised if we draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd.. JR will get Eli is big WR one way or another..
    Would you be ok if they did that, and if they did grab a receiver, who do you have them taking, K-Ben? Evans?

vCash
    Would you be ok if they did that, and if they did grab a receiver, who do you have them taking, K-Ben? Evans?
    Evans, and yea I would. I think Evans is gonna be a monster in the NFL..

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast