Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

TE/WR Debate-- What will NFL do? Will this lead to more controversy with others?

I am just curious what everyone thinks will come about with the whole TE "Oh I am a WR" debate? I see now where Ravens TE Dennis Pitta will file a grievence if he is tagged by the Ravens as a TE because he sees himself as a WR, just like Jimmy Graham with New Orleans?

How is the NFL going to determine whether someone is a TE or a WR because let's be honest, teams today move their players all over the field to get good matchups. Will it be too long before RB's start doing the same thing? Or how about safeties who say, "Oh I play more in the box than a traditional safety position, so I want to be considered a linebacker"?
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Dennis Pitta should come to grips that four years for 1,200 yards for a WR is retirement and TE is the only thing keeping in his league.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    both will win their grienvances i think
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    This is a perfect grievance issue. Hopefully, this grievance sets the stage for a clear delineation or determination on who and what constitutes a WR and a TE.

In the end though, this will be a self correcting problem. The more these top TEs get these top deals the higher the tag number will eventually be. Not timely enough to be sure, but destined to happen none the less.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Does Pitta line up out wide as often as Graham does? Just curious.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Does Pitta line up out wide as often as Graham does? Just curious.
    I think I read something that stated more than 50% of the time he did.

I think that's what it comes down to for me. If you're lined up as a receiver on the outside more than 50% of the time, you have to call him a receiver. Think that's only fair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post

I think that's what it comes down to for me. If you're lined up as a receiver on the outside more than 50% of the time, you have to call him a receiver. Think that's only fair.
    Agreed, and I think that's actually what the rules say for the franchise tag. Something like "The player shall be tagged at the position they lined up at the most often."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post

Agreed, and I think that's actually what the rules say for the franchise tag. Something like "The player shall be tagged at the position they lined up at the most often."
    Makes sense to me.

And thus, the Saints will be sad when they tag Graham. Not 100% sure on Pitta because I can't find where I read that. Possible rotoworld.

vCash
    The guy played 4 games last season.

He doesn't want to be tagged for one year at the TE compensation. The compensation may not have kept up with the rule changes as the TE has become more dynamic yet he's not fooling anybody into thinking he's a WR.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Happened to suggs a few years back when he was tagged as a DE and not an OLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Happened to suggs a few years back when he was tagged as a DE and not an OLB.
    Other way around I think.

Jimmy is a WR. All he needs as proof is to show in the playoffs how he was pulled off the field in almost every run play.

Pitta on the other hand doesn't have much of a case. His claim is he's on route 74% of the time when not lined up in line. Which is like saying, hey sometimes we run the ball from a spread look.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Ya go with whatever your team has you listed as. Just like any other work place tag.

I worked in a union and when a job came up for bid it always specified....or whatever duties the company sees fit to add. Which means ya just do whatever.
    Last edited by CCRider; 02-20-2014 at 12:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Ya go with whatever your team has you listed as. Just like any other work place tag.

I worked in a union and when a job came up for bid it always specified....or whatever duties the company sees fit to add. Which means ya just do whatever.
    So if the team wanted to list me as safety (6 million franchise tag amount) on the official roster even though I actually play QB you would see no issue with that when it comes to franchise tagging?

vCash
    Neither should win their grievance. It's new age TE's, heard the graham only lined up on the line 33% of the time but all I'd have to say is how many WR's lined up on the line even once in the year, hardly any. Calvin Johnson, Aj Green, Boldin, and Tavon Austin are not lining up at TE in any formation.

Easiest way to determine he should be tagged as a TE, take the top 5 WR salaries and combine how many times they lined up at TE and we all know it's not close to as many times as graham lined up on the line so there he is not a WR.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

vCash
    So if the team wanted to list me as safety (6 million franchise tag amount) on the official roster even though I actually play QB you would see no issue with that when it comes to franchise tagging?
    I did it again, damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have this bad habit of assuming people get what I'm...obviously.... talking about. You got what I was saying.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast