Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Henry Melton???

vCash

Henry Melton???

Guy became a stud under Marinelli. He is coming off a serious injury, why not try it. He would come into a system that created him. Spencer and Hatch are gone.

vCash
    I like Melton a lot and the connection to Marinelli is a big plus....but, he may be too expensive...I am not sure what they are going to have to spend, if anything...but, to create space to actually add people, they have to push more money into the future with restructures, etc...I realize that Austin is likely gone and that they need to do something with Ware, but they are already way over the cap, so those moves just help to get closer to "under"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteryman463 View Post
    Guy became a stud under Marinelli. He is coming off a serious injury, why not try it. He would come into a system that created him. Spencer and Hatch are gone.
    Not so sure about Hatcher. I can see them using the Franchise on him. In fact , they have no choice.

vCash
    Yeah, Miles is gone. I don't see how we can pay hatch 10m+... With the bump in cap money, we are 20m over. It all depends if Ware steps up like Suggs and takes a cut. Everyone says the I care more about the team after they sign those huge contracts. Lets see if thats still the thought.

vCash
    don't know where they are going to get the money, but I'd love to see Melton in Dallas...eh Arlington....argh...playing for the boy's next year.

vCash
    didn't know he was coming off a torn ACL. maybe that means they could get him at a discount.

"IRVING, Texas – There is no doubt the Dallas Cowboys need to upgrade their defensive line whether they keep DeMarcus Ware or Jason Hatcher through the draft or free agency.

Melton So far Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald has been the apple of many eyes when it comes to the draft, but could Rod Marinelli’s past help the Cowboys land another defensive tackle in free agency?

Free agent-to-be Henry Melton thrived under Marinelli with the Chicago Bears. He had 15.5 sacks from 2010-12 with Marinelli as coach and went to the Pro Bowl after a six-sack season in 2012.

There is a "but" here -- Melton’s health. He is recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament suffered in the third game of the season.

“Henry’s from Dallas, he played for [Marinelli], obviously there would be interest from Henry’s side, but who knows at this point?” Melton’s agent, Jordan Woy, said.

Woy said Melton’s recovery is coming along.

“He’s back to running and doing really well,” Woy said. “He’s sprinting and stuff, so he’s kind of at the same time frame as [Anthony Spencer, around training camp for a return] or maybe a little earlier.”

Woy also represents Hatcher and Spencer, so he will know how much the Cowboys will be looking to spend in free agency rather quickly."

vCash
    anything that makes the DL better and is cost-effective, sign me up...this guy is a good player but the injury concerns me...we can't bring in a guy and rely on him if he could miss time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    anything that makes the DL better and is cost-effective, sign me up...this guy is a good player but the injury concerns me...we can't bring in a guy and rely on him if he could miss time
    our biggest problem is relying on people we shouldnt. on paper we where stacked last year. lee, carter, spencer, ware,crawford, ratliff, etc....

we need more durability- even if that means sacrifice skill/potential.

i dfont mind taking a chance here or there- but we have to many "chance" guys already. id say no. id hate to sign him, depend on him, miss out on some one else, then not have him do to injury-