Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins in a 7-game series?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • DIRKDIGGGL3R

10 62.50%
  • JaysLeafs98

6 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Official Leafs forum re-draft faceoff |Round 1: DIRK v. Jays|

Good morning Greendale!,

in the Leafs forum we have been playing a little re-draft game. Six of us (DIRKDIGGL3R, JaysLeafs98, KingerSox, Halladay, OptiMized, and TO Rapz) created our own teams by going through the 2003, 2004, and 2005 NHL drafts and re-picked using only 6 teams. Now that the teams are picked we would like you to decide the winner. To decide your winner, assume that these teams are playing a 7-game playoff series.The game will consist of various awards such as:

1) Gold:
    2) Silver:
    3) Bronze:
    4) Ghetto-Bronze:
    5) Ghetto-Silver:
    6) Ghetto-Gold:

Best future:
    Best defense:
    Best forwards
    Best goalies:
    Toughest to play against:
    Most successful in today’s NHL:

****Each GM/team leader will receive a participation e-ribbon regardless of how much they suck****

Once the first round/Round Robin is complete we will have 3 winners and 3 not-so-much winners. They will be divided into two brackets. The first round winners will battle it out for Gold, Silver, and Bronze, while the first round non-winners will battle it out for Ghetto-Gold (last place), Ghetto-Silver (2nd last place), and Ghetto-Bronze (3rd last).

In the Gold bracket the GM that wins their Round Robin with the largest margin of victory will get a by to the final while the other two winners battle it out for the right to visit the final. The loser of the Gold-2nd/3rd match up will receive Bronze. The final will determine the winners of the Gold and Silver medals.

In the Ghetto-Gold bracket the GM that wins with the largest margin of victory will get a by to the final while the other two winners battle it out for the right to visit the final. The loser of the G-2/3 match up will receive Ghetto-Gold.

The Matchups are as follows: 1) DIRK v. Jays, 2) Kinger v. Halladay, 3)OptiMized v. TO Rapz

First up is 1) DIRK v. Jays

DIRK held picks #1 in draft 2003, #6 in draft 2004, and #5 in draft 2005
    JAYS held picks #2 in draft 2003, #1 in draft 2004, and #6 in draft 2005

Team DIRK
    Brown-Staal-Parise
    Neal-Zajac-Horton
    Downie-Grabovski-Hansen
    Kostitsyn-Jones-Latendresse

Burns-Letang
    Streit-Stuart
    Sekera-Meszaros

Price
    Crawford
    Peters
    Team JAYS
    Ovechkin-Dubinsky-Moulson
    MacArthur-Sobotka-Setoguchi
    Fehr-Brule-Versteeg
    Pouliot-Prust-Bickell

Suter-Byfuglien
    Phaneuf-Hjalmarsson
    Nikitin-Franson

Rask
    Rinne
    Fleury
    Any thoughts opinions you have on teams is greatly appreciated. Try and keep it complimentary, we are just having fun. You can vote using the poll or just post which team you like and why (optional).

Let the Hunger Games Begin!!

The participants reserve the right to engage in “trash talk”
    THIS IS AN OPTIMIZED PRODUCTION, “optimize your life, TODAY!”
    Leafs rule

vCash
    Dirk no question. Jay's offense is really lacking. Dirk's defense may be average-to-below in this but Jay's offene is too far behind. Dirk's offense should control the play, defense are veterans with puck moving ability. Goaltending is even-ish.

vCash
    Agree pretty much with what bran said. forwards dirk by a lot. d pretty close jay by a little. goalies is even.

I like jays top 3 d man but dirks bottom three are bit better.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Jay's defense is wonderful honestly. He really messed up up front, though. It killed it for him.

vCash
    Hey Opti, next time you put in a poll, make sure you leave an option for GM's to vote so they can see the results too without having to click the dumb button everytime.

vCash
    Oh, and leave votes public please. I voted Dirk.

7. 02-19-2014, 09:19 PM
    Reason
    keep it on topic

8. 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
    Reason
    keep it on topic

9. 02-19-2014, 09:42 PM
    Reason
    keep it on topic

vCash
    I've got the aussie man
    "whoever started is a ********" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

11. 02-19-2014, 10:03 PM
    Reason
    keep it on topic

12. 02-19-2014, 10:05 PM
    Reason
    keep it on topic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Dirk no question. Jay's offense is really lacking. Dirk's defense may be average-to-below in this but Jay's offene is too far behind. Dirk's offense should control the play, defense are veterans with puck moving ability. Goaltending is even-ish.
    People have Fleury ranked even with Peters? lmao but your right I got stuck sticking to my list instead of picking positionally when I had the chance to grab a center.

vCash
    This has me so split. From the blue line back JAYS team is just stacked. I like it a lot, but like BW said the offense is lacking compared to Dirks. His top 6 is superior and he has an edge in depth. On top of that, I don't really ever see AO winning a Cup. At the end of the day I have to go with Dirk even though I love JAYS' defense and starter.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    And I accidentally voted wrong.

vCash
    Yeah his D owns the Arse Crack Bandits, no idea why the hell I didnt pull on Weber as first pick but oh well, I blame the different time zones and the fact Australia has like no ice hockey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    And I accidentally voted wrong.
    Or... you voted very right? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRKDIGGGL3R View Post
    Yeah his D owns the Arse Crack Bandits, no idea why the hell I didnt pull on Weber as first pick but oh well, I blame the different time zones and the fact Australia has like no ice hockey
    The Austrailian Ice Hockey League... no fooling me! http://www.theaihl.com/leagues/front...leagueID=11464 You can literally e-mail the GMs with a hockey resume if you want to join lol

vCash
    Yeah dude we got that league and I have been to a few games over the years but you should see the exposure it gets here...nothing televised, no marketing, poor guys play in front of like 100 people.

Xavier Rhodes 2014/15 Stats:

vCash
    I had a cup of coffee playing overseas, my buddy I went out there with ended up in New Zealand playing puck and said it was an amazing experience. I wanted to go with him the next year but I had moved to the point in my life where I'm setting up for my future.

I can only imagine how much fun it is. Of course I'm an adventurous soul who likes to travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast