Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rockets @ Lakers 2/19

First game coming off the All Star Break. Big game as Dwight Howard returns to LA. I expect a lot of boos coming down on him. Also lots of rumors about us being very interested in Rondo. Boston wants Parsons in the deal but Houston won't allow it. Check back later for updates throughout the game.
    Last edited by PinstripePride; 02-19-2014 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    The Rockets really need to redeem themselves after that loss to the Lakers earlier in the season. I would like to say that this should be an easy win, but after watching that Thunder/Lakers game last week, the Lakers scare me a bit. They can stretch the floor and hit three like crazy, so the Rockets need to focus on closing on their perimeter shooters. On the flip side, Houston should be able to do whatever the hell they want offensively. I'm thinking Houston wins a game that's closer then it needs to be, something like 112-101.

vCash
    They made 16 threes in that game and that was the only time (that I can remember) the hack-a-Howard strategy actually worked.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    They're missing Gasol. This should and I predict, will be an easy, wire to wire victory. 116-100

I was listening to LA Lakers commentators on ESPN, and man are they delusional! They're claiming that ONLY Dwight Howard would have left the Lakers last off-season. Me, I think EVERY star player in his twenties would have left that sinking ship. There is no way the Lakers were/are a better fit, winning team, or place for Howard (except if he likes to party in Hollywood).

vCash
    BTW, I live three blocks from the Staples Center. I might look for some scalpers willing to drop 50% off the face-value. Ticketmaster still had plenty of tickets last I looked.

vCash

Rockets @ Lakers

Rockets end 1st quarter on a 9-0 run. Rockets lead 32-22. Howard with 8 points and 6 boards.

vCash
    Howard looks genuinely pissed off tonight. I love it. He and the entire Rockets offense is playing inspired basketball, and LA is only keeping this mildly interesting because they've made 6-11 from the 3-point line so far. Regardless, they've got a 16-point lead right now, and I'd love to see they close out this first half strong.

vCash
    Love, love, love how they played in that first half. This is the kind of game where they can make an example of a bad basketball team, and they haven't blown out that many teams this season. Hopefully this play can extend through the third quarter and they can rest most of the starters in the fourth quarter.

vCash
    Awesome win tonight all around. And I was actually pleased to see the Spurs get the win, because I want the Rockets and Spurs to end up getting the 2nd and 3rd seeds. This gives Houston and San Antonio a little cushion from the Clippers and Blazers.

Also, it was nice that the starters enjoyed themselves, got into a rhythm and then sat the fourth quarter. They'll need to be 100 percent for tomorrow night's game.

vCash
    You guys should all watch this video of Howard, Parsons and Lin chanting "Howard sucks" after last night's game. I laughed my *** off.

http://nba.si.com/2014/02/20/dwight-...s-mock-chants/

vCash
    I didn't go to the game, figured it was gonna be a blow out (or maybe I'm just too old). Anyway, looks like a good game from the box score.

I'd like to see Howard work on his jump hook from futher out, and possibly a fade. This would really help him against the bigger centers he may run into in the playoffs. They can defend him now, by just not giving ground. But if they had to worry even a little about a fade away, he'd be much harder to guard. (also might open up some room for a Parsons or Jones cut into the lane)

vCash
    I saw that video and it is indeed amazing.

That game was so easy I was rooting for Marshall to get me some threes and assists for my fantasy team.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros