Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Trade Deadline

Figured I'd get some talk going.....

I am a little suprised about the lack of trade talk involving the Magic.

I hear about small rumors here and there involving Jameer, Baby, and Affalo but nothing that seems to serious.

I figured this could be a place where we post rumors or anything we hear regarding trades.

I really hope we move one of these vets , I'd be a little disappointed if we didn't but I trust Hennigan at this point ...

vCash
    This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe Clippers get more involved in trade talks with JJ now out for some time. I know they were looking at Affalo in the offseason so maybe interest strikes again even though I don't know what realistic assets they would give up ..

vCash
    Talking in the Bulls forum about this deal:

CHI ---> Butler, Hinrich, Nazr, SAC pick*
    ORL <--- Afflalo

*(which is top-12 protected this year, next year, and the following year, and then becomes a 2nd rounder)
    Wanted to see if you guys think this could be something the Magic do if they don't trade Afflalo to OKC or a contender. Hinrich/Nazr are both expiring

vCash
    No trades are going to happen
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Talking in the Bulls forum about this deal:

CHI ---> Butler, Hinrich, Nazr, SAC pick*
    ORL <--- Afflalo

*(which is top-12 protected this year, next year, and the following year, and then becomes a 2nd rounder)
    Wanted to see if you guys think this could be something the Magic do if they don't trade Afflalo to OKC or a contender. Hinrich/Nazr are both expiring
    I've never been entirely in love with Butler and that pick has questionable value too. It certainly doesn't match Hennigan's stated desired value (apparently he wants two 1sts and maybe a young player) but it's pretty close.

Oladipo
    Butler
    Harkless
    Harris
    Vucevic

would be a very interesting lineup going forward. Obviously throw at least one, hopefully two, lottery picks to shore things up a bit, but that's a fun core. Vucevic probably would be the team's best shooter though A lot of potential offensive issues, but at least on the perimeter that team is very athletic and can defend amazingly.

If it happened I wouldn't be doing backflips, but I wouldn't be mad either. I'd rather trade him than not, so that helps. It would (and of course all this talk is now is hypothetical land) all depend on how Henny values Butler. Because that pick could end up having minimal-to-no value, so in essence it could ultimately be Butler for Afflalo. Even the cap space next year really doesn't matter really at all.

I do think he'd say "no" tho, for whatever reason. He doesn't at all seem eager to move Afflalo.

vCash
    Last I hear Okc to come at Affalo Davis for lamb perk '19 pick
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I've never been entirely in love with Butler and that pick has questionable value too. It certainly doesn't match Hennigan's stated desired value (apparently he wants two 1sts and maybe a young player) but it's pretty close.

Oladipo
    Butler
    Harkless
    Harris
    Vucevic

would be a very interesting lineup going forward. Obviously throw at least one, hopefully two, lottery picks to shore things up a bit, but that's a fun core. Vucevic probably would be the team's best shooter though A lot of potential offensive issues, but at least on the perimeter that team is very athletic and can defend amazingly.

If it happened I wouldn't be doing backflips, but I wouldn't be mad either. I'd rather trade him than not, so that helps. It would (and of course all this talk is now is hypothetical land) all depend on how Henny values Butler. Because that pick could end up having minimal-to-no value, so in essence it could ultimately be Butler for Afflalo. Even the cap space next year really doesn't matter really at all.

I do think he'd say "no" tho, for whatever reason. He doesn't at all seem eager to move Afflalo.
    Thanks for the explanation. I really agree with all of it. Butler's value right now has nosedived, and surprisingly people in the Bulls forum wouldn't want to do this. Which is shocking to me. As a Bulls fan I want to take advantage of Noah's prime years, so this is a move that would help us contend over the next two seasons.

I would say that Jimmy Butler is not the poor offensive player he's showing to be thus far this year. He's battled some injuries, and without a lot of better offensive options he's had to take on a role in the offense that doesn't suit him too well. He'll bounce back.

Personally I don't think this offer is enough unless OKC/LAC and any other contender that wants Afflalo bows out of the race to get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I really agree with all of it. Butler's value right now has nosedived, and surprisingly people in the Bulls forum wouldn't want to do this. Which is shocking to me. As a Bulls fan I want to take advantage of Noah's prime years, so this is a move that would help us contend over the next two seasons.

I would say that Jimmy Butler is not the poor offensive player he's showing to be thus far this year. He's battled some injuries, and without a lot of better offensive options he's had to take on a role in the offense that doesn't suit him too well. He'll bounce back.

Personally I don't think this offer is enough unless OKC/LAC and any other contender that wants Afflalo bows out of the race to get him
    I know Bulls fans have been VERY high on him for a while, so I was actually stunned it was even brought up. I actually don't entirely fault them for not "giving up" on him. He still has a lot of promise.

The other issue is Afflalo could get expensive after next year. Not sure if that's something factoring into their thoughts. But, as you said, there might be a window here with Noah that means a move like this is absolutely worth the time. Especially with the potential disbandment of the Heat next year. And Afflalo isn't exactly old either.

I do think it's close to fair, but as I said I think Henny has made it clear he's not going to part with him for anything less than an offer that blows them off their feet. This doesn't quite do that. If the pick was a bit less protected then maybe we're getting warmer. IDK.

vCash
    According to Sheriden Hoops, the Magic might only be asking for a 2nd rounder for Jameer.

I actually don't think I'd like that. Rather just hold onto him.

vCash
    According to Sheriden Hoops, the Magic might only be asking for a 2nd rounder for Jameer.

I actually don't think I'd like that. Rather just hold onto him.
    Washington Wizards are interested in trading for Orlando's Jameer Nelson. Magic looking for a second-round pick, according to a source.
    http://twitter.com/BrettNBA/status/436228732911894529
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Bobcats interested in afflalo. I hope we get biyombo and a 1st

vCash
    Per WOJ. He said Magic will probably hold onto AA pass the deadline. Will revisit trade talk during the draft. I really don't think we are making any moves.

vCash
    I know Bulls fans have been VERY high on him for a while, so I was actually stunned it was even brought up. I actually don't entirely fault them for not "giving up" on him. He still has a lot of promise.

The other issue is Afflalo could get expensive after next year. Not sure if that's something factoring into their thoughts. But, as you said, there might be a window here with Noah that means a move like this is absolutely worth the time. Especially with the potential disbandment of the Heat next year. And Afflalo isn't exactly old either.

I do think it's close to fair, but as I said I think Henny has made it clear he's not going to part with him for anything less than an offer that blows them off their feet. This doesn't quite do that. If the pick was a bit less protected then maybe we're getting warmer. IDK.
    Yeah the price of an Afflalo extension definitely came up. But I countered that worry with this line of thinking: if Afflalo indeed does get that expensive then he probably performed really well with the Bulls, in which case at only 30 years old he wouldn't be a terrible risk to take giving him a 4 year deal (I mean people in the Bulls forum don't think there's a risk of giving a guy like Melo, at 30 years old, over $100M).

I then thought about it a little more, and if this trade was made today then I would take the SAC pick off the table and then include our own 1st round pick this year (which will be around 18-21)

So Butler, Hinrich, Mohammed + ~19th pick in this year's draft. I think I still do that because I really think Rose comes back as a top-25 player in the game, and Afflalo would be just what we've been looking for

vCash
    Glen Davis being held out tonight

vCash
    Josh Robbins

Magic officials say Glen Davis won't return tonight because of a sore right Achilles' tendon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast