Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bill Russell's comments on Lebron's Mt. Rushmore

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/b...omments-021814

“Hey, thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. I’m glad you did. Basketball is a team game, it’s not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in high school, back-to-back NCAA championships in college. I won an NBA championship my first year in the league, an NBA championship in my last year, and nine in between. That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.”

vCash
    Bird, Magic, Russell, LeBron

vCash
    All about them rings and Russell has more than anyone. But the Mt Rushmore really comes down to the 4th guy since most would have Jordan, Bird, Magic as the first 3 and then its a crapshoot for the 4th.

vCash
    This has been all over facebook and twitter and its good stuff! Lebron will think twice about saying something like that again.

My mount Rushmore would be

Jordan
    Magic
    Russell
    ?

Lebron or Kobe could be on there someday but right now Id probably have to put the 4th as either Bird, Kareem or Tim Duncan.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    All about them rings and Russell has more than anyone. But the Mt Rushmore really comes down to the 4th guy since most would have Jordan, Bird, Magic as the first 3 and then its a crapshoot for the 4th.
    Russell won his rings when they were much easier to win. That being said the members of the historic big four?

Russell
    Jordan
    and take your pick of these: KAJ, Bird, Magic

LBJ isn't done, and like Napoleon it's very bad taste to crown yourself. STFU and wait your turn if you get a turn.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    This has been all over facebook and twitter and its good stuff! Lebron will think twice about saying something like that again.

My mount Rushmore would be

Jordan
    Magic
    Russell
    ?

Lebron or Kobe could be on there someday but right now Id probably have to put the 4th as either Bird, Kareem or Tim Duncan.
    Kobe? He has no shot whatever. TD ranks him and might be fifth. Durant has a good shot to pass Kobe.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    LeBron is a clown, everyone knows that.
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

vCash
    Bagwell... Do you think Durant's future is that high that he passes Kobe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post
    Bagwell... Do you think Durant's future is that high that he passes Kobe?
    His shooting efficiency destroys Kobe. He's a better passer already. He's very young to have done so much. His D is rapidly improving, and he might just get himself named as a 1st or 2nd team defender soon. He needs titles to sell it. 3 minimum. Kobe has more but he wasn't the big guy in several.

The press has driven LBJ to play harder due to the comments about Durant being the MVP this year (his January was obscene), but no matter how hard LBJ tries, Durant will pass him in the next two seasons as the best player in the league, and hang onto that title himself for some years. He's terrific and unlike idiots like Carmelo, he continues to grow and learn.

vCash
    Mj bird magic shaq!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    His shooting efficiency destroys Kobe. He's a better passer already. He's very young to have done so much. His D is rapidly improving, and he might just get himself named as a 1st or 2nd team defender soon. He needs titles to sell it. 3 minimum. Kobe has more but he wasn't the big guy in several.

The press has driven LBJ to play harder due to the comments about Durant being the MVP this year (his January was obscene), but no matter how hard LBJ tries, Durant will pass him in the next two seasons as the best player in the league, and hang onto that title himself for some years. He's terrific and unlike idiots like Carmelo, he continues to grow and learn.
    ^^^ Well said...

Before he passes Kobe he has to get past Lebron though... It's gonna have to start with titles though... Which I can't envision him not getting...

Lebron in his time can easily do to Durant what Jordan did in his time to guys like Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Reggie...

I will love to see KD win a few titles because he is a freak of nature in every basketball sense...

The same way some old timers are lucky enough to have seen Russel, Oscar, Tiny, Wilt, West (Sorry I'm leaving out a bunch so you can add if you wish), I'm glad to have been able to watch in my time Larry, Magic, Hakeem, Timmy, Kobe, Lebron and now KD...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

Yeah I agree with everything you said I just don't think Durant will get to 3 Rings. And that ultimately will put him at 2nd tear in terms of all time greats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post
    Yeah I agree with everything you said I just don't think Durant will get to 3 Rings. And that ultimately will put him at 2nd tear in terms of all time greats
    We'll see. KD is only 25 and he's already at 14k points. He's on track to be very very special in terms of an entire career.

Who is going to consistently pose a threat to him and Westbrook from ages 27-33?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    We'll see. KD is only 25 and he's already at 14k points. He's on track to be very very special in terms of an entire career.

Who is going to consistently pose a threat to him and Westbrook from ages 27-33?
    Pacers probably

and who knows if durant (or westy) will stay with OKC. I could definitely see them leaving if they don't win at least one championship in the next 2/3 years
    PSD Bulls Mock Trade Deadline
    Chicago Bulls

Rose-Gordon-Deng-Anderson-Asik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Well you are assuming that Westbrook will be the same player at age 30. His athleticism will strongly decline by then, especially if he keeps getting knee surgeries.

The west is full of teams that will be good for the foreseeable future. Rockets, trailblazers, Clippers and Golden state will all be tough and have young talent. Who knows how long the Spurs can keep doing this, and also don't count out Dallas. You know Cuban will have that team a contender in no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast