Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Johnny Manziel thread

Post any and all news related to the golden boy.

I am a strong believer that Johnny is going to be one of the best QBs in the NFL and his performance in this upcoming rookie season will show all the doubters that this kid is going to be special.

vCash
    Just wondering, what makes you think Manziel will be one of the best QB's in the NFL?

vCash
    Definitely don't need a thread for a guy that everyone, deep down, knows will suck. ll it is is a matter of whether or not you accept the truth deep inside you or you follow Satan's whispers that johnny will be good

vCash
    He's got dat moxy and swag.

He's like a celebrity from an MTV reality show at this point more than a football player.

It doesn't seem like he's even being analyzed as a football player anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSized View Post
    He's got dat moxy and swag.

He's like a celebrity from an MTV reality show at this point more than a football player.

It doesn't seem like he's even being analyzed as a football player anymore
    I was just telling my friend this. Even John McClain (writer for the Houston Chronicle and certified douchebag) wrote an article on why the Texans should take him #1 and the only things he mentions are how "electric" he was in college and how impressed he was when he talked to him. That's all you really get anymore. Vague words like "electric" and "game changer" and "firecracker" are starting to get a little ridiculous. I also told my friend that either media outlets are just talking up Manziel because people will click their articles and they get more views or teams are saying they think he's the greatest thing ever to see if some stupid team like the Browns will take him in the top 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    I was just telling my friend this. Even John McClain (writer for the Houston Chronicle and certified douchebag) wrote an article on why the Texans should take him #1 and the only things he mentions are how "electric" he was in college and how impressed he was when he talked to him. That's all you really get anymore. Vague words like "electric" and "game changer" and "firecracker" are starting to get a little ridiculous. I also told my friend that either media outlets are just talking up Manziel because people will click their articles and they get more views or teams are saying they think he's the greatest thing ever to see if some stupid team like the Browns will take him in the top 5
    He's just a better Tebow. He really is. You dead on nailed it. He'll sell papers and get web clicks. All day. And people will be dying to watch him over ANY other rookie. It won't even be close.

He's a celebrity, he really is.

It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Uuuuhh..I think Johnny did a few things against the best competition south of the NFL to warrant the celebrity. It isn't like people just find him interesting because he hangs out with Drake or Lebron. He's an uncanny athlete, even though he may not look the part. He is also extremely intelligent, which tends to get lost in the noise. His arm is as good as any other quarterback in this draft. Size is an issue, but it works both ways for him. If he was bigger he wouldn't be as quick or elusive. You put Drew Brees alongside Carson Palmer, and who is the better quarterback? Maybe you'd like to have Brees' skills on Palmer's frame, but then you have a quarterback for the ages. Until such time you take the guy you think will do the best with what he has.

vCash
    I'd say he's a celebrity because of a combination of alot of things. He makes ridiculous plays like he did against Duke and both times against Alabama, he's a Heisman trophy winner and he has an extremely fiery personality which is fun to watch whether you think he's a douche or not. I agree he is an amazing athlete and he could be the best scrambling QB ever if he somehow figures out a way to stick. I'm not saying he is a celebrity just that I think the media is trying to exploit that right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Uuuuhh..I think Johnny did a few things against the best competition south of the NFL to warrant the celebrity. It isn't like people just find him interesting because he hangs out with Drake or Lebron. He's an uncanny athlete, even though he may not look the part. He is also extremely intelligent, which tends to get lost in the noise. His arm is as good as any other quarterback in this draft. Size is an issue, but it works both ways for him. If he was bigger he wouldn't be as quick or elusive. You put Drew Brees alongside Carson Palmer, and who is the better quarterback? Maybe you'd like to have Brees' skills on Palmer's frame, but then you have a quarterback for the ages. Until such time you take the guy you think will do the best with what he has.
    A. So did Tebow.

Wait, holy ****.

SAT:1550

Is that real?

Oh, they changed the SAT. I didn't know that. Perfect us now 2400 and that's about 1000.

Big deal. That's not extremely intelligent. That's average state U intelligence at best.
    Last edited by Norm; 02-18-2014 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    I agree with everything you said besides the bolded. That just isn't true. He has only average to maybe slightly above average arm strength.

But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

-Brandon Marshall

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    He does have a good deep ball percentage but I have a feeling that he didnt throw as many and that alot of them were to wide open receivers

vCash
    A. So did Tebow.

Wait, holy ****.

SAT:1550

Is that real?

Oh, they changed the SAT. I didn't know that. Perfect us now 2400 and that's about 1000.

Big deal. That's not extremely intelligent. That's average state U intelligence at best.
    My god you're old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    My god you're old.
    Why the **** would I know they changed the SAT? lol god damn.

vCash
    Why the **** would I know they changed the SAT? lol god damn.
    So that you can use that knowledge to explain why former teenage QB phenoms are still going to be good even when they suck in the NFL.

Awesome avatar btw. I've been recently re-watching some old Always Sunny. I forgot just how awesome they were.
    Last edited by kozelkid; 02-19-2014 at 12:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    So that you can use that knowledge to explain why former teenage QB phenoms are still going to be good even when they suck in the NFL.

Awesome avatar btw. I've been recently re-watching some old Always Sunny. I forgot just how awesome they were.
    Lmao, touche kozel.

Thanks, I stole it from another member on another forum. And I have been catching it more and more when it's been on. I saw a newer one I hadn't seen before, where it was like this action movie. OMG I about died.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast