Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kony Ealy and Timmy Jernigan JJ please stay away!!! Aaron Donald please

IMHO neither one of these players is worth taking in the 1st round for us , but I have a feeling that JJ will pick one or the other. I'm strongly against guys who only started 1 year in college and guys with just 1 good year and entering the draft, because more than not they will be bust.

We need a pass rusher at DE and Kony Ealy is not that, sure he has great size but the skill set we need to get pressure. He is a De who only had 12.5 sacks in 3 seasons and 27 tackles for loss which means he lacks explosiveness off the snap. He wasn't even the best defensive lineman on his team so we should let him fall or hope somebody else drafts him.

Jerrigan only started 1 season at FSU which should be a red flag, a first round pick should have been able to beat out college competition. He only had 8.5 sacks and 25 tackles for loss in 3 seasons at FSU so what would make JJ think he could do more in the NFL? Lets pray both are gone before we draft or we let them fall.

Aaron Donald coul possible fall due to his height, but if he does this should be the DT we drfat if not the guy from Minnesota. Donald would be the Warren Sapp player we need up front. Just my opinion though, but hopefully JJ sees this as well.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    When I look at athletic guys like Ealy and Jernigan, I always think about Tyron Smith, Dallas using a top 10 pick on a 20 year ultra raw but ultra athletic guy who only played RT in college, now he is a top 5 LT in the NFL.

Not saying I don't want Donald, but there are 1st years guys like Aldon Smith, JPP(struggled this year, but expect him to bounce back next year), Ezekiel Ansah who been productive, while not having much experience in college. At this point, this team needs to shake things up and take a risk, instead of being conservative all of the time, resulting the same record every year.
    Last edited by Romo2TheOscars; 02-24-2014 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    I should clarify about that last sentence, about taking a risk. They do take some risks, sometimes it doesn't work out, but that's not always the case. They took a chance on a 20-year-old tackle from USC, Tyron Smith. They took a chance and traded up for Dez Bryant. They took a chance with Michael Irvin. It can backfire sometimes, as M. Claiborne is not playing up to his potential. Not trying to make any excuses for him, but his father passed away, and he dealt with several injuries. It's only going to be his third year, let's see how it plays out. Wide receivers and cornerbacks tend to take the longest time to develop in the NFL. My point is, you have to be willing to take some chances on guys. Even if that player only played 1-year. Don't always be conservative.

vCash
    its ok to take chances but when there are players who have been productive for more than 1 year and they are the same age I say take the most productive player. If Ealy couldn't get to the QB in College I doubt he will do it in the NFL

vCash
    I'm fine with nix or Donald, but for some reason I really like hageman. I feel like our first rounder needs to be a defensive tackle or if all the best DT prospects are taken and Calvin Pryor is still on the board nab him.

titties

vCash
    After watching Donald at the combine we should draft him no doubt if he is still on the board. 35 reps and 4.6 40 is crazy for a man his size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    After watching Donald at the combine we should draft him no doubt if he is still on the board. 35 reps and 4.6 40 is crazy for a man his size.
    Those would be great stats, if the Cowboys competed in exercise competitions...
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    Those would be great stats, if the Cowboys competed in exercise competitions...
    He also has on field football prodution which the Cowboys do compete in

vCash
    The number one thing to do is not falling in love with one player. For instance, I would love to have A. Donald, but what happens if he get's drafted by the Bears? I'm going to end up hating the draft. So from now until May, don't fall in love with any players (I know it's very tough).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdfan85 View Post
    those would be great stats, if the cowboys competed in exercise competitions...
    lol

vCash
    This draft is deep with DL talent. There are only 2 saftey's worth mentioning this draft and IMO Pryor is gonna be a HOF tallent. Dude is fast as hell and plays with that reckless mean streak. After watching the Seahawks and how their safety tandem take over the SB i really want a safety thats makes a difference! We havent had one since Woodson. I think a couple of these DT's fall to 2nd round for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2TheOscars View Post
    The number one thing to do is not falling in love with one player. For instance, I would love to have A. Donald, but what happens if he get's drafted by the Bears? I'm going to end up hating the draft. So from now until May, don't fall in love with any players (I know it's very tough).
    I do agree... an this draft is deep. Cowboys should come away with a really good player at 16.

vCash
    The draft is deep but it doesn't make since to draft secondary if you have no D-Line because no pressure results in poor coverage. the front 7 needs to be repaired before we can get anything from the secondary.
    I would take Aaron Donald with the first pick (hopefully still on the board)
    2nd round pick up a Scott Crignton
    3rd round pick up the DT from Tennesse
    That gives us a pass rushing DE and DT who can rush and one great against the run and tall.
    In the 5th round Johnahtan Dowling to play safety he has speed, long arms and is 6'3 safety who likes to hit

vCash
    donald please
    Last edited by Corked Bat; 03-01-2014 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    I've been saying Aaron Donald since week 6 of the NCAA season. He fits the Sapp mold minus an inch. He'd fit this scheme perfect. The Giants and Bears might grab him though. Hopefully they fill their needs in FA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast