Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    1500

    Free agents/draft pick you think would help transform this team to contender !!!!!

    We are getting close to the start of free agency and the draft so I want some opinions on who would you like our team to get free agency & draft and why ?

    Here is a list of free agent players to choose from you make the picks

    QB- josh mccown

    RB- Lagarrett blount, Donald brown, Maurice jones drew, ben tate, Darren McFadden

    FB- john Kuhn

    G- Richie incognito , willie colon

    T- Austin howard, Jeremy trueblood, Zach streif

    TE- jeff Cumberland , Brandon pettigew, dennis pitta, jimmy graham

    WR- eric decker, Julian Edelman, james jones, jacoby jones,jeremy maclin, golden tate riley cooper, eamnuel sanders

    DE- greg hardy, Robert ayers, lamarr Houston, Michael Bennett

    DT- linval joseph, Terrence cody, legger douzable, jonathan babineaux, ziggy hood, paul soliai

    S- tj ward, jarius byrd

    CB- brent grimes, sam shields, aqib talib, alterraun verner, DominiqueRCromartie, d angelo hall, captain munnerlyn

    LB- calvin pace, brian orakpo, Wesley woodyard, carlos dansby

    there is the list choose or add players you feel can help want to know peoples opinions I feel if we add free agents in the right spots we can draft the best player available and not be locked into taking a WR/TE right from the start as long as we add the right pieces !!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    50
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    We are getting close to the start of free agency and the draft so I want some opinions on who would you like our team to get free agency & draft and why ?

    Here is a list of free agent players to choose from you make the picks

    QB- josh mccown

    RB- Lagarrett blount, Donald brown, Maurice jones drew, ben tate, Darren McFadden

    FB- john Kuhn

    G- Richie incognito , willie colon

    T- Austin howard, Jeremy trueblood, Zach streif

    TE- jeff Cumberland , Brandon pettigew, dennis pitta, jimmy graham

    WR- eric decker, Julian Edelman, james jones, jacoby jones,jeremy maclin, golden tate riley cooper, eamnuel sanders

    DE- greg hardy, Robert ayers, lamarr Houston, Michael Bennett

    DT- linval joseph, Terrence cody, legger douzable, jonathan babineaux, ziggy hood, paul soliai

    S- tj ward, jarius byrd

    CB- brent grimes, sam shields, aqib talib, alterraun verner, DominiqueRCromartie, d angelo hall, captain munnerlyn

    LB- calvin pace, brian orakpo, Wesley woodyard, carlos dansby

    there is the list choose or add players you feel can help want to know peoples opinions I feel if we add free agents in the right spots we can draft the best player available and not be locked into taking a WR/TE right from the start as long as we add the right pieces !!!!!!

    No, The Jets are at least 2 years away. I think we should build the team through the draft.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    1500
    I personally would like the jets to pursue any of these players !!!!!

    Qb- josh McCown he can push smith for a start
    mark sanchez if he will take a paycut

    RB- Le garrett blount imagine him and ivory smashing defenses
    Donald brown has potential to be solid contributer
    Ben tate

    WR- eric decker big target may not be true #1 but can catch and great in red zone
    Julian Edelman- plays WR/kr/pr/cb would piss belichick off and he always kills us when we play ne
    golden tate could get a good deal cause of idzik
    Jeremy maclin may get cheap due to injury last year plus he know the OC

    TE- Jeremy graham #1 target open the checkbook lock him up instant offense upgrade hes a beast
    Brandon pettigew - good filler
    Dennis pitta- love his hands not afraid to go into traffic
    jeff Cumberland- if we can resign him cheap plus get any of the above we can avoid drafting one this year

    G- Richie incognito yes I said it the guy is an ******* but he can play with an attitude/mean streak which our offense needs and may come cheap due to his mouth problems it will be a media circus for sure but NY media hates the jets already so who cares 1 year deal with option and a release clause if he causes any distraction

    t- Austin howard get him signed as long as its reasonable

    CB- aqib talib would piss belichick off and he can play nice size
    DR Cromartie can lock down
    D'angelo hall good corner
    alterraun verner good corner can be cheaper then others above
    sam shields knows how to find the ball

    LB- Brian orakpo can get to the QB
    Wesley woodyard finds the player with the ball and actually makes tackles
    Carlos dansby he is a beast he may have burned bridges talking smack but he backs it up

    I know we cant sign all of them but if we can get a few of them its a good start we have the $ to spend lets spend it wisely TE/S/WR/CB are the most important to fill free agency if we can get one player for each postion we can have a little pressure relief in the draft and take the best player available on the board at the time instead of having to take someone just because we have to fill a certain

    we need instant offense its a no brainer so start here first:

    TE Jimmy graham $ sign him 4-5 years make him the offseason priority #1 target lock him up as long as he isn't tendered and if he is I would consider giving up a #1 pick for him he is a game changer his size/talent is unblieveable and he is way better then Ebron from NC who people say will be the first TE taken so if you are going to waste a pick on a TE you might as well just give up the pick for a proven legit top 4 TE in the league

    WR eric decker, Julian Edelman those would be my two targets sign atleast one but if you get both we become scary instantly I personally like Edelman he knows how to get open however decker is automatic in the red zone

    RB- Legarrett blount if you wanna play smash mouth football him and ivory would be unstoppable defenses would take a beating plus it would piss off belichick

    G Richie incognito people are going to kill me on this but the guy can flat out play and he plays with a mean streak/ attitude that we need that on offense I feel we can sign him cheap cause everyone else will be afraid of the media circus but I feel we can handle it the media hates us no matter what player we have they will find something or someone to trash talk our team plus he has to be on his best behavior he knows it

    On defense we need to lock down a true killer safety first then a CB

    S- tj ward or byrd
    cb - any of verner/shields/grimes/hall/munnerlyn/talib/cromartie I feel verner may be the cheapest

    please let me know what you think I know this isn't MADDEN football again I know we can't sign everyone these are just players I like and would love to have on our team I am not saying sign them all just get as many as you can to help our team
    Last edited by Ldog14; 02-18-2014 at 02:18 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    1500
    @ JETSFAN4515


    We wouldn't be 2 years away if we get some of these players our defense was killer last year imagine if we had a killer safety and better corners or a sack specialist for get it not to mention an offense to put up a few more points or a special teams. If we add a TE/WR through free agency better our offense forget it we become a contender right away. Look at our division NE doesn't scare us anymore Miami is a joke and buffalo will always be buffalo so why do you say 2 years away.....

    Not to mention that Denver/Seattle/San Fran have to cut some big players to make the salary cap
    Last edited by Ldog14; 02-18-2014 at 02:25 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17,089
    vCash
    1500

    Free agents/draft pick you think would help transform this team to contender !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    We are getting close to the start of free agency and the draft so I want some opinions on who would you like our team to get free agency & draft and why ?

    Here is a list of free agent players to choose from you make the picks

    QB- josh mccown

    RB- Lagarrett blount, Donald brown, Maurice jones drew, ben tate, Darren McFadden

    FB- john Kuhn

    G- Richie incognito , willie colon

    T- Austin howard, Jeremy trueblood, Zach streif

    TE- jeff Cumberland , Brandon pettigew, dennis pitta, jimmy graham

    WR- eric decker, Julian Edelman, james jones, jacoby jones,jeremy maclin, golden tate riley cooper, eamnuel sanders

    DE- greg hardy, Robert ayers, lamarr Houston, Michael Bennett

    DT- linval joseph, Terrence cody, legger douzable, jonathan babineaux, ziggy hood, paul soliai

    S- tj ward, jarius byrd

    CB- brent grimes, sam shields, aqib talib, alterraun verner, DominiqueRCromartie, d angelo hall, captain munnerlyn

    LB- calvin pace, brian orakpo, Wesley woodyard, carlos dansby

    there is the list choose or add players you feel can help want to know peoples opinions I feel if we add free agents in the right spots we can draft the best player available and not be locked into taking a WR/TE right from the start as long as we add the right pieces !!!!!!
    I think Incognito should be their FA, and Michael Sam should be the draft pick.

    Who's with me?
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I think Incognito should be their FA, and Michael Sam should be the draft pick.

    Who's with me?
    wouldn't expect a non stupid post from you Mr Magoo typical of you one day you will actually be funny or serious !!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    50
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    @ JETSFAN4515


    We wouldn't be 2 years away if we get some of these players our defense was killer last year imagine if we had a killer safety and better corners or a sack specialist for get it not to mention an offense to put up a few more points or a special teams. If we add a TE/WR through free agency better our offense forget it we become a contender right away. Look at our division NE doesn't scare us anymore Miami is a joke and buffalo will always be buffalo so why do you say 2 years away.....

    Not to mention that Denver/Seattle/San Fran have to cut some big players to make the salary cap
    I don't believe in any of these free agents. I think the team is best improving on defense and address the offense next year with more cap room. Why everyone is saying no Playmakers Jeremy Kerley is a good. I would sign Kenny Britt and Jeremy Maclin, Chris Johnson intrigue's me also.

    If not I would cut Holmes and try to sign him back. I want to be a ground and pound team with a great defense. Lets be patient with this team. Let them develop. I don't want to be in cap hell again. The Jets have 12 picks this year.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    wouldn't expect a non stupid post from you Mr Magoo typical of you one day you will actually be funny or serious !!!!
    He has his moments.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    6,163
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    wouldn't expect a non stupid post from you Mr Magoo typical of you one day you will actually be funny or serious !!!!
    Careful...

    Also, read more of his posts. Just because someone uses humor doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about or make very good points on other occasions.

    And this is coming from a Clown.



    My FA wish list is
    WR- Boldin or Cotchery or Nicks
    TE- Pitta (probably tagged) or Pettigrew (solves my quest for a big mean TE. If he were paired with Ebron...)
    CB- Talib-- I want to take him from NE. I also like his play style and I think he would fit very well with Rex's mentality
    S- Ward, Byrd, Ihedigbo (I'd bring him back)


    For good luck against the sucks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,958
    vCash
    1500
    I think the way to build a perennial contender is through the draft. Historically, teams that tried to build a core through FA struggled, had a small window to compete, and/or ended up in cap hell. This team has a lot of needs, but it also has a lot of draft picks, so most of the FA's I'd sign are young players who can grow with the team and role players. By position here are some of the players I'd consider:

    QB: McCown, Henne, Vick. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a backup QB, but I do want a vet who can seriously challenge Geno in training camp and be a legit fill in should Geno go down due to injury or ineffectiveness. Obviously, we saw what McCown can do last year, but he may look for a starting gig or more money. Henne has a big arm and while not spectacular is a solid QB capable of winning a few games. I know his record as a starter isn't great, but when you play for Jacksonville you're bound to have a poor record no matter how good you are. I hate Vick as a person, and there are legit concerns with regard to his durability and turnover problems, that said he knows the offense and has playmaking ability still. He probably prefer a starting job if offered, and apparently isn't on good terms with Morninwheg, so we'll see how that plays out.

    RB: I don't think a signing is necessary here. Ivory is a battering ram and really came on in the second half of the year once his hamstring healed. I liken Powell to a poor man's Curtis Martin. I'm not comparing the two as Martin obviously was the vastly superior player, but both players were/are solid in all facets of the game though not incredibly explosive. I'd target a late round speed back like De'Anthony Thomas or Dri Archer in the draft. Both players are excellent receiving threats out of the back field, are homerun threats whenever they touch the ball, and can be the explosive return man we've lacked in recent years. No point in opening up the check book here when we have a solid 1-2 punch and late round options in the draft.

    FB: I'd give Bohanon another year, no need to tie up resources in this position yet.

    T: Re-signing Austin Howard is a priority. He's been good and improving the past two seasons and is only 26. He's the type of player who can grow with the rest of the core.

    G: Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of quality on the market at this position. Geoff Schwartz would be my preference as he performed well last year and is still relatively young at 27. Colon is the backup plan, but I think we were incredibly lucky that he made it through the season relatively unscathed last year and his skills are clearly deteriorating. This position must also be addressed in the draft at some point.

    TE: We have an excellent shot to land one of the top three TE's in the draft any of which should be an athletic play maker that will be a dynamic addition to the offense and an excellent security blanket for Geno. Due to this, I see the FA TE's as potential backups. I'd re-sign Cumberland as he is a solid blocker and receiver that will thrive as a #2 (and at least a capable starter if forced into the starting lineup to injury). I'd also sign Ben Hartsock as the #3 TE. He'd be cheap and he's far and away the best blocking TE in the league. Having him on the field is like having an extra T in there.

    WR: Obviously the biggest position of need on this team, but I don't think we should/will overreact and sign multiple big money FA's and rather build this position up through the draft. I'd kick the tires on Decker, but I think he'll end up being too expensive. I like Maclin a lot and think he could be had on the cheap. Nicks is another player I'd look at as I believe he can rebound and be had at below market value. I'm not sure how likely it is that we'll sign two FA's at this position, and I think it's likely we double dip on it in the draft. My philosophy is depth and variety is a more prudent approach than one dynamic receiver and a huge drop off. There's a lot of value at the position in the draft through round 4 so we could potentially grab two starting caliber WRs in the draft as well.

    3/4 DE - We'll probably lose Douzable as he looks for a starting job elsewhere. Still I don't see us making any big moves here as we have two young stud starters in Richardson and Wilkerson. I think we may target a young player with promise to be a backup on the draft. Someone like Jay Bromley from Syracuse could be had in the 6th or 7th round and be an excellent backup/rotational player. Also, obviously extending Wilkerson is a huge priority here.

    NT: No moves needed. Harrison and Ellis are an excellent tandem and both are starting caliber.

    OLB: I think the market here is not going to be as interesting as it is currently projected to be. Orakpo likely gets tagged, Hardy likely prices himself out of the market. The next tier of guys led by Worilds isn't as intriguing to me. I think Pace is resigned at a slight raise from last year to reward him for his performance, and we have Barnes returning from injury to fill the 3rd down pass rusher role. I think the FO banks on a healthy and productive year from Coples and looks to the mid to late rounds in the draft to get another developmental pass rusher (DeMarcus Lawrence, Michael Sam, Marcus Smith, Trevor Reilly, etc) to fill McIntyre's role and possibly develop into a starter in a year or two.

    ILB: This hinges a lot on what happens with Harris. I think Harris escapes the chopping block this offseason and no major moves are here. If I'm wrong, then maybe someone like Donald Butler or Wesley Woodyard is signed.

    CB: I think the Jets spend money here since as we know, Rex loves physical press corners. They are one of the keys to his defense and an upgrade is sorely needed over last year. Fortunately, the market is deep here. I think Cromartie obviously gets cut and bringing him back at a drastically reduced rate is the backup plan. I'd stay away from Talib as he has hip issues similar to Cromartie and I think he's overrated. Walter Thurmond is my top choice here. He has experience playing in a similar system in Seattle and while he's not the prototypical big corner he's plenty physical and should be a bit cheaper (and possibly outperform) some of the bigger name corners like Talib, Grimes, etc. If I whiff on Thurmond than Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie is my choice. I'd also add some depth in the draft and try to find someone to compete with Wilson for the nickle spot.

    S: A true free safety type is needed here. The market is pretty deep and since we haven't spent a lot of money so far, I think this could be a big splash position. I think Byrd eventually prices himself out of Idzik's budget and Ward is franchised and we end up with either Clemons or Delmas. If the Jets whiff on all of their top targets then Stevie Brown could be a nice buy-low option on a 1 year show me deal.

    So there you have it. I think anyone who's expecting a huge FA feeding frenzy will be disappointed. Idzik loaded up on picks in this draft for a reason, and that reason is he wants to build the core through the draft. So any FA's signed are going to be on the young side who can grow with the core and/or depth/role players. I do think there will be a couple more depth signings along the offensively line as Idzik also needs to replace Vlad "The Human Turnstyle" Ducasse and looks to bring in some competition for Aboushi and Campbell at the backup spots. I wouldn't be shocked if most of the big spending in FA is done on the defensive side of the ball as we've already assembled a good young core there and most of the offensive upgrades are done through the draft.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan4515 View Post
    No, The Jets are at least 2 years away. I think we should build the team through the draft.
    You pass on FA's with upwards of 50M in cap space and you'll be more than 2 years away. The 4th youngest team in the league. I think a few veterans are in order when you add 10-11 picks to the overall youth.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I think Incognito should be their FA, and Michael Sam should be the draft pick.

    Who's with me?
    As long as they add John Jerry and Miami's OLine coach, I'm in.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by skierdude44 View Post
    I think the way to build a perennial contender is through the draft. Historically, teams that tried to build a core through FA struggled, had a small window to compete, and/or ended up in cap hell. This team has a lot of needs, but it also has a lot of draft picks, so most of the FA's I'd sign are young players who can grow with the team and role players. By position here are some of the players I'd consider:

    QB: McCown, Henne, Vick. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a backup QB, but I do want a vet who can seriously challenge Geno in training camp and be a legit fill in should Geno go down due to injury or ineffectiveness. Obviously, we saw what McCown can do last year, but he may look for a starting gig or more money. Henne has a big arm and while not spectacular is a solid QB capable of winning a few games. I know his record as a starter isn't great, but when you play for Jacksonville you're bound to have a poor record no matter how good you are. I hate Vick as a person, and there are legit concerns with regard to his durability and turnover problems, that said he knows the offense and has playmaking ability still. He probably prefer a starting job if offered, and apparently isn't on good terms with Morninwheg, so we'll see how that plays out.

    RB: I don't think a signing is necessary here. Ivory is a battering ram and really came on in the second half of the year once his hamstring healed. I liken Powell to a poor man's Curtis Martin. I'm not comparing the two as Martin obviously was the vastly superior player, but both players were/are solid in all facets of the game though not incredibly explosive. I'd target a late round speed back like De'Anthony Thomas or Dri Archer in the draft. Both players are excellent receiving threats out of the back field, are homerun threats whenever they touch the ball, and can be the explosive return man we've lacked in recent years. No point in opening up the check book here when we have a solid 1-2 punch and late round options in the draft.

    FB: I'd give Bohanon another year, no need to tie up resources in this position yet.

    T: Re-signing Austin Howard is a priority. He's been good and improving the past two seasons and is only 26. He's the type of player who can grow with the rest of the core.

    G: Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of quality on the market at this position. Geoff Schwartz would be my preference as he performed well last year and is still relatively young at 27. Colon is the backup plan, but I think we were incredibly lucky that he made it through the season relatively unscathed last year and his skills are clearly deteriorating. This position must also be addressed in the draft at some point.

    I think you'll have a number of bidders for Schwartz, who the Jets were rumored to be very interested in last year. Beyond Geoff, there's virtually no one at OG. My money is on getting younger and more athletic at LG through the draft.

    TE: We have an excellent shot to land one of the top three TE's in the draft any of which should be an athletic play maker that will be a dynamic addition to the offense and an excellent security blanket for Geno. Due to this, I see the FA TE's as potential backups. I'd re-sign Cumberland as he is a solid blocker and receiver that will thrive as a #2 (and at least a capable starter if forced into the starting lineup to injury). I'd also sign Ben Hartsock as the #3 TE. He'd be cheap and he's far and away the best blocking TE in the league. Having him on the field is like having an extra T in there.

    I'm with you here as I believe this pick is locked in. Unless some out-of-the-box trade for Gresham takes place, there are no other options for a starting TE this offseason except selecting in the 1st round. My hope is that Celek will become a cap casualty and beyond that, I prefer Sudfeld to Cumberland. Hartsock makes sense at blocking TE.

    WR: Obviously the biggest position of need on this team, but I don't think we should/will overreact and sign multiple big money FA's and rather build this position up through the draft. I'd kick the tires on Decker, but I think he'll end up being too expensive. I like Maclin a lot and think he could be had on the cheap. Nicks is another player I'd look at as I believe he can rebound and be had at below market value. I'm not sure how likely it is that we'll sign two FA's at this position, and I think it's likely we double dip on it in the draft. My philosophy is depth and variety is a more prudent approach than one dynamic receiver and a huge drop off. There's a lot of value at the position in the draft through round 4 so we could potentially grab two starting caliber WRs in the draft as well.

    I differ on this as I believe they will double-dip at WR in FA. We'll see. It's a good draft to grab a WR for development late on 2nd day or early 3rd day.

    3/4 DE - We'll probably lose Douzable as he looks for a starting job elsewhere. Still I don't see us making any big moves here as we have two young stud starters in Richardson and Wilkerson. I think we may target a young player with promise to be a backup on the draft. Someone like Jay Bromley from Syracuse could be had in the 6th or 7th round and be an excellent backup/rotational player. Also, obviously extending Wilkerson is a huge priority here.

    I agree a rookie here for development and backup is a good depth move but I think a veteran is also needed in case we do have one of our DE's go down. I wouldn't want to man one of those positions with only a 3rd day rookie. They were fortunate to ride with one backup all last year.

    NT: No moves needed. Harrison and Ellis are an excellent tandem and both are starting caliber.

    Yep.

    OLB: I think the market here is not going to be as interesting as it is currently projected to be. Orakpo likely gets tagged, Hardy likely prices himself out of the market. The next tier of guys led by Worilds isn't as intriguing to me. I think Pace is resigned at a slight raise from last year to reward him for his performance, and we have Barnes returning from injury to fill the 3rd down pass rusher role. I think the FO banks on a healthy and productive year from Coples and looks to the mid to late rounds in the draft to get another developmental pass rusher (DeMarcus Lawrence, Michael Sam, Marcus Smith, Trevor Reilly, etc) to fill McIntyre's role and possibly develop into a starter in a year or two.

    I can't argue this logic.

    ILB: This hinges a lot on what happens with Harris. I think Harris escapes the chopping block this offseason and no major moves are here. If I'm wrong, then maybe someone like Donald Butler or Wesley Woodyard is signed.

    I really think Harris gets cut here. Woodyard is a nice option. In looking into Butler, I'm not so sure anymore as he wasn't asked to provide much on coverage. I think better options reside in the draft and this should not exclude converting OLB's to play ILB. My sleeper option here is to place an offer sheet for RFA Vincent Rey with Cincy.

    CB: I think the Jets spend money here since as we know, Rex loves physical press corners. They are one of the keys to his defense and an upgrade is sorely needed over last year. Fortunately, the market is deep here. I think Cromartie obviously gets cut and bringing him back at a drastically reduced rate is the backup plan. I'd stay away from Talib as he has hip issues similar to Cromartie and I think he's overrated. Walter Thurmond is my top choice here. He has experience playing in a similar system in Seattle and while he's not the prototypical big corner he's plenty physical and should be a bit cheaper (and possibly outperform) some of the bigger name corners like Talib, Grimes, etc. If I whiff on Thurmond than Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie is my choice. I'd also add some depth in the draft and try to find someone to compete with Wilson for the nickle spot.

    Thurmond is a good player but to count on him as one of our 2 starters scares me with his just coming off the 4-game suspension. DRC is my first choice if he is available. The depth is going to be mostly guys on our team as I expect Walls to return and Berry as well. A high 3rd day pick here for depth and development is needed IMO.

    S: A true free safety type is needed here. The market is pretty deep and since we haven't spent a lot of money so far, I think this could be a big splash position. I think Byrd eventually prices himself out of Idzik's budget and Ward is franchised and we end up with either Clemons or Delmas. If the Jets whiff on all of their top targets then Stevie Brown could be a nice buy-low option on a 1 year show me deal.

    Agreed, we spoke about this.

    So there you have it. I think anyone who's expecting a huge FA feeding frenzy will be disappointed. Idzik loaded up on picks in this draft for a reason, and that reason is he wants to build the core through the draft. So any FA's signed are going to be on the young side who can grow with the core and/or depth/role players. I do think there will be a couple more depth signings along the offensively line as Idzik also needs to replace Vlad "The Human Turnstyle" Ducasse and looks to bring in some competition for Aboushi and Campbell at the backup spots. I wouldn't be shocked if most of the big spending in FA is done on the defensive side of the ball as we've already assembled a good young core there and most of the offensive upgrades are done through the draft.
    Yeah, there's more depth needed on the D than many may realize. I think a lot of 3rd day picks will go there for this reason as well.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 02-18-2014 at 09:48 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,449
    vCash
    1500
    As far as Geoff Schawrtz is concerned, if he can;t be had I'll go after his understudy Jon Asamoah. Yes, he was benched for Schwartz but bc of how good Schwartz is as opposed to Asamoah being bad. He's good and very young. Could be a long term, cheap solution at one of the G spots and hopefully Winters will take a step forward in his progress and solidify the line.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,449
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Yeah, there's more depth needed on the D than many may realize. I think a lot of 3rd day picks will go there for this reason as well.
    True. LB's need some help as well as the secondary. And if Douzable bolts then the line as well.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •