Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wolstat - Raptors interested in acquiring Rajon Rondo

The point guard carousel is gathering speed ahead of Thursday's trade deadline with the latest report suggesting that the Toronto Raptors are attempting to acquire star point guard Rajon Rondo.

Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun suggests that general manager Masai Ujiri is exploring "complicated deals" in attempts to acquire the four-time All Star, one likely requiring multiple teams, players, and picks.

In his column published late Monday, Wolstat wrote:

It’s no secret Boston has dangled four-time all-star Rajon Rondo league-wide and while the asking price is steep, he has piqued the interest of Toronto’s front office, according to multiple sources. Toronto is eager to up its “star” quotient and is also enamored with Rondo’s resume, particularly his four all-defensive team selections (two all-NBA first team). He has many backers in the organization.

There has been speculation since the season's outset that the Raptors would trade their emergent, soon-to-be free agent point guard Kyle Lowry. But, as the team kept winning -- currently third in the Eastern Conference -- management has been almost coerced into keeping their floor general. With the team appearing primed to make the playoffs for the first time in six seasons, selling Lowry would be impossible to explain to a starving fan base.

Now, initially sellers, the Raptors, ironically, could become buyers at the point guard position - which will certainly appease the New York Knicks. They have been in pursuit of Lowry for months and even had a deal in place to acquire the 27-year-old in December before their owner, James Dolan, canceled the deal at the last moment.

Since then, Lowry has played the best basketball of his career. He's averaging 16.7 points, and 7.6 assists per game - both career highs.

In coveting Lowry, the Raptors may be able to acquire the necessary means to land Rondo - reportedly two first-round picks. That being said, Rondo's desire to explore free agency two summers from now had reportedly negated a proposed mega-deal with the Sacramento Kings last month. Should he remain fixated on that luxury, a potential deal with Toronto would appear less likely.

Atlanta Hawks point guard Jeff Teague has also been linked to the Knicks and Raptors.
    don't know how I feel about it. not a big rondo fan...

vCash
    Rondo would work magic on the pick-and-roll with JVal.

I would pull the trigger on a Rondo deal without question especially if Lowry feels Toronto isn't his home in the long-term.
    I AM YOUR KING!

vCash
    i honestly don't want him.

vCash
    I like Rondo, but I don't like surgically repaired knees.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I don't really want Rondo... definitely not for two unprotected firsts.
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    he's just so overrated and bad on offense...he killed boston's offense the last couple years

vCash

Wolstat - Raptors interested in acquiring Rajon Rondo

Ujiri has to be smarter than this.

vCash
    I like the idea of going after a star, not sure Rondo's the guy I would go after though. But hey, what if Carmelo wants to come and play with Rondo?

vCash
    A possible package then would be Rondo/Olynyk for Amir/Lowry and the NY pick.

Straight up Lowry for Rondo won't match.

Hearing Masai the other day mentioning the four players Val/Derozan/Ross and at the end added Patterson seems an indication to me that the four could be his core. Adding Rondo would make perfect sense. Without the commitment from Lowry before the deadline is as good as saying that he is gone, he is not losing a tradable/high valued asset for nothing that's for sure.

Stats aside, Rondo has two years left in his contract so I think he is a valuable commodity. A 12 million expiring in 2015 when the bigtime RFAs and UFAs are available, is something that Massai might be thinking ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    A possible package then would be Rondo/Olynyk for Amir/Lowry and the NY pick.

Straight up Lowry for Rondo won't match.

Hearing Masai the other day mentioning the four players Val/Derozan/Ross and at the end added Patterson seems an indication to me that the four could be his core. Adding Rondo would make perfect sense. Without the commitment from Lowry before the deadline is as good as saying that he is gone, he is not losing a tradable/high valued asset for nothing that's for sure.

Stats aside, Rondo has two years left in his contract so I think he is a valuable commodity. A 12 million expiring in 2015 when the bigtime RFAs and UFAs are available, is something that Massai might be thinking ahead.
    lol Celtics would never do that...
    Last edited by TorontoHuskies; 02-18-2014 at 02:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies View Post
    lol Celtics would never do that...
    I'm not the real insider so it was just a wild guess. I picked players as the add on to match the salaries of the main characters of this rumor.

Feel free to pick yours. You have all night to do it, I will pick it up in the morning lol.

vCash
    I'm not the real insider so it was just a wild guess. I picked players as the add on to match the salaries of the main characters of this rumor.

Feel free to pick yours. You have all night to do it, I will pick it up in the morning lol.
    Well just looking at what Sacramento offered I would stay away from this trade (Isiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and 2 picks is way too much). If that's what Boston wants That would be like us trading Derozan, Ross and a 1st for a guy with busted knees and awful shooting.
    Last edited by TorontoHuskies; 02-18-2014 at 02:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies View Post
    Well just looking at what Sacramento offered I would stay away from this trade (Isiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and 2 picks is way too much). If that's what Boston wants That would be like us trading Derozan, Ross and a 1st for a guy with busted knees and awful shooting.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...n-rajon-rondo/

Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports has reported that the Sacramento Kings and Celtics discussed a deal that would send Rondo to the California capitol in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, rookie Ben McLemore and a pick, but the deal fell apart because Rondo supposedly wasn’t interested in signing a long-term deal with the Kings.
    The last statement might explain why the deal fell apart.

It's a matter of 72 hours now 'til this craziness ends so we will just wait how this thing unfolds. As long as Massai does the right move(s) and hit another jackpot, it's all good.

vCash
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...n-rajon-rondo/

The last statement might explain why the deal fell apart.

It's a matter of 72 hours now 'til this craziness ends so we will just wait how this thing unfolds. As long as Massai does the right move(s) and hit another jackpot, it's all good.
    I read it was actually 2 picks on another site...But yea I hope he gets some thing awesome for Lowry so we can trade up in the draft and hopefully get Ennis.

vCash
    It’s no secret Boston has dangled four-time all-star Rajon Rondo league-wide and while the asking price is steep, he has piqued the interest of Toronto’s front office, according to multiple sources. Toronto is eager to up its “star” quotient and is also enamoured with Rondo’s resume, particularly his four all-defensive team selections (two all-NBA first team). He has many backers in the organization.
    I don't how true is the quoted information but it could be the deal maker if Massai has the support above him.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast