Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Kemp ?

vCash

Matt Kemp ?

Its kind of strange how little I hear his name regarding any injury update. He may be the best player in baseball besides that triple crown guy. I would think it would be bigger news considering what a healthy Kemp would do TO that lineup AND defensive outfield. Maybe no news is good news. Maybe if he hit that one more home run and got 40/40 they would report more about his injury then his response to being the 4th outfielder. I just realized he did it in 161 games because they didn't make up a Nationals game. Thats crazy. Considering only 4 guys ever did it id be pissed . He got screwed twice that year.

vCash
    Best player in baseball? He's not even the best player in his city.

vCash
    If you look at his stats when he is healthy its certainly arguable. How many guys walking around can win a gold glove chase 40/40 and bat in the three thirties???????

vCash
    This is the same crap Kemp went through early in his career.

Except it was worse. Everyone on this message board said Kemp was worthless and needed to go! I was one of the few people to say, Kemp is the future. He is loaded with talent - Kemp was not the problem.

I will say it again now.

Kemp is the man. The real reason he got hurt was because he was trying too hard to live up to his contract, follow up an an historic season, and get the lowly Dodgers into the playoffs.

When he fully recovers watch out. The Dodgers will be darn near unstoppable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Best player in baseball? He's not even the best player in his city.
    That's easy to say when he plays in a city that has the best pitcher in baseball and a player that projects to be the best player in baseball

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    It's crazy how hard people are on him, he's a legit talent when healthy, he's been unfortunate the last 2 years. He'll be back this year and while he may not repeat 2011 over again (who really could) he's gonna be a huge threat in this lineup. KeMvP!
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    I think he will miss the first month, he has said he won't rush back again. We can survive without him for the first month, he will most likely be in a rotation of Crawford and Ethier until he has proven he is fully healthy. All I care about is if he is healthy by playoff time

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    let him and puig both heal properly we are stacked in the outfield and maybe it will give van slyke and dee some playing time and allow us to showcase them, it might also get dee in a rhythm batting with his new frame playing almost everyday in the lineup. I feel a month for both to come back healthy would take us to the WS I really hope neither rushes back. I think if van slyke gets a chance he could bring a solid return in a trade as he doesn't really have a position and an off the bench isn't going to do him or us any good.
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Kemp will get 30/30

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Kemp will get 30/30
    30 infield pop-ups and 30 strikeouts in April?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    This is the same crap Kemp went through early in his career.

Except it was worse. Everyone on this message board said Kemp was worthless and needed to go! I was one of the few people to say, Kemp is the future. He is loaded with talent - Kemp was not the problem.

I will say it again now.

Kemp is the man. The real reason he got hurt was because he was trying too hard to live up to his contract, follow up an an historic season, and get the lowly Dodgers into the playoffs.

When he fully recovers watch out. The Dodgers will be darn near unstoppable

Nothing is guaranteed. For all we know he might not be the same player again. Orel Hershiser was not the same pitcher after he tore his rotator cuff. Likewise, having a shoulder injury of that severity might sap Kemp of his power.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    I have confidence in Kemp coming back and playing well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedinblueball View Post
    let him and puig both heal properly we are stacked in the outfield and maybe it will give van slyke and dee some playing time and allow us to showcase them, it might also get dee in a rhythm batting with his new frame playing almost everyday in the lineup. I feel a month for both to come back healthy would take us to the WS I really hope neither rushes back. I think if van slyke gets a chance he could bring a solid return in a trade as he doesn't really have a position and an off the bench isn't going to do him or us any good.
    As far as I know, Puig is fine, so he won't be missing any time as of right now. Also, I do think SVS has value to this team off the bench.

But I do agree overall, Kemp should play when he's completely healthy, which I think could be March 31st.
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    It's hard to believe that Kemp's ankle injury which happened in Sept is taking 6 months to heal. If it would have happened last April he would have missed the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    That's easy to say when he plays in a city that has the best pitcher in baseball and a player that projects to be the best player in baseball
    Best position player I could see maybe, no slight intended to Hanley or Puig. Just in case there is a troll out there about to say Trout https://maps.google.com/maps?q=dodge...ed=0CAkQ_AUoAQ
    Last edited by bigboyblu; 02-19-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast