Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the #17 prospect?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robert Gsellman

0 0%
  • Domingo Tapia

4 36.36%
  • Marcos Molina

2 18.18%
  • Andrew Church

0 0%
  • Chris Flexen

0 0%
  • Jhoan Urena

0 0%
  • Matt Koch

0 0%
  • Dustin Lawley

0 0%
  • Casey Meisner

0 0%
  • Champ Stuart

0 0%
  • Matt Reynolds

0 0%
  • Cory Mazzoni

1 9.09%
  • Jeurys Familia

3 27.27%
  • Vic Black

1 9.09%
  • Erik Goeddel

0 0%
  • Robert Whalen

0 0%
  • Juan Centeno

0 0%
  • Luis Cessa

0 0%
  • Jayce Boyd

0 0%
  • Jack Leathersich

0 0%
  • Wilfredo Tovar

0 0%
  • Jeff Walters

0 0%
  • Akeel Morris

0 0%
  • Ivan Wilson

0 0%
  • Logan Verrett

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2014 PSD Mets Forum #17 Prospect

Vote for who you think is the 17th best prospect.

vCash
    I'm still on Familia. Command is obviously a concern. But that's a big arm there. If it all comes together he could even end up a closer. Hopefully he's healthy this year. He hasn't had much pen experience. I'd like to see him work as the closer in AAA for a little. He was a starter all the way through AAA, with mediocre results, obviously due to command issues, and young at each level. After missing most of last year, he's not that young anymore, but should be ready to join the Mets at some point this year.

vCash
    Going with Familia but its pretty much a guess for me here on out. you have a handful of guys that could go in any order

vCash
    I'm going with Molina again. Ceiling is way too high. But I'll reserve my vote for now just in case there is a tie.

vCash

I will go with Tapia again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I'm going with Molina again. Ceiling is way too high. But I'll reserve my vote for now just in case there is a tie.
    That's pretty gutless don't you think? Just vote for who you think should be #17. If you think it's Molina, vote for Molina. No need to play God.

vCash

Btw here is the scouting report on Molina.

10. Marcos Molina
    Position: RHP
    DOB: 03/08/1995
    Height/Weight: 6’3’’ 190 lbs.
    Bats/Throws: R/R
    Drafted/Acquired: International free agent, 2012, Dominican Republic
    Previous Ranking: N/R
    2013 Stats: 4.39 era (53.1 IP, 56 H, 14 BB, 43 K)
    The Tools: 7 potential FB; 6 potential CH; 5 potential CB

What Happened in 2013: In his stateside debut, the electric Dominican arm showed up better on the scouting report than he did on the stat sheet, missing bats but showing the inconsistency of a young, underdeveloped pitcher.

Strengths: Plus-plus athlete; physically projectable; fast-twitch; big arm strength; very quick arm; routinely worked 91-96 in the GCL; good feel for filling up the zone; turns over a promising changeup; excellent late action on the pitch; commands it; slurvy breaking ball shows some bat-missing potential; slower slider action; highly competitive on/off the mound

Weaknesses: Still transitioning from thrower to pitcher; erratic stuff; flashes of brilliance followed by inconsistency; more control than command at present; turns over a quality changeup but can get deliberate in the delivery; breaking ball is inconsistent; more slurve than clear slider; lacks a tight rotation and shows limited depth.

Overall Future Potential: 6; no. 3 starter

Realistic Role: 5; no. 4 starter

Risk Factor/Injury History: High risk; complex-league experience.

Bret Sayre’s Fantasy Take: Here's a name to watch for the future. While Molina likely doesn't warrant a pickup in your league right now (unless you play in a league where 300-plus minor leaguers are kept), he is someone to keep an eye out for as he moves up the ladder in the Mets' system. With a strong fastball, and advanced development of a changeup for his age, Molina could blossom into a strong fantasy starter--it will just take a some time.

The Year Ahead: We might be a year premature by ranking a relative unknown like Molina this high in a very good system, but the scouting reports were excellent in his stateside debut, and a conversation with one front office source (outside the org) really sealed his placement on this list. When discussing Molina, it was mentioned that if the 18-year-old were available for inclusion in the rule 4 draft, the highly athletic 6-foot-3, 190 lb. righty would be considered a first-round talent. Add to that his strong complex debut and lofty projections and the choice to include Molina became easier to justify. Molina isn’t going to explode overnight, but as he improves his pitchability and finds more consistency on the mound, he has all the ingredients to develop into a high-end prospect, a super athletic righty with size, stuff, and a competitive edge to push him beyond his paper grades.

vCash
    Molina again.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Here's a ?. I know nobody around here likes him as much as I do, but where the **** is Darin Gorski on this list? Some of these guys closer to the majors should be getting more respect. Based on sheer percentages, it is FAR more likely Gorski ends up in the majors with some sort of role than Marcos "Who" Molina. I read that Gorski was touching 94 last year and BA rated him as having the best changeup in the entire system. From the left handed side, I'll take that!

Put him up there, I want to vote for him. If not I'll have to take Familia or someone close like Mazzoni, or Leathersich. These guys like Molina are lottery tickets at this point.
    Last edited by WrightStuff82; 02-18-2014 at 09:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    That's pretty gutless don't you think? Just vote for who you think should be #17. If you think it's Molina, vote for Molina. No need to play God.
    No, I just don't want anymore ties. This has moved way too slow already. If everything goes smooth, the list should be completed by the first week of March...unless guys want it to continue.

vCash
    No, I just don't want anymore ties. This has moved way too slow already. If everything g
    I believe YoungStuna was murdered, and his killer hit the return key.
    Last edited by Claymation; 02-18-2014 at 10:04 AM.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    No, I just don't want anymore ties. This has moved way too slow already. If everything goes smooth, the list should be completed by the first week of March...unless guys want it to continue.
    What's the hurry? It'll finish before the season starts and that's fine. Pick who you like. Why do you get to settle ties? Let the people voting settle ties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Wow. You fascinate me. Am I missing your name in the votes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I believe YoungStuna was murdered, and his killer hit the return key.
    Lmao stupid phone

vCash
    Lmao stupid phone
    I'm just glad you are alive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast