Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Woj - MIN & MEM discuss Budinger for Prince

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
    Y! Sources: Minnesota, Memphis discussing trade package centered on Chase Budinger and Tayshaun Prince. http://yhoo.it/M7K2k7

---

The Memphis Grizzlies are discussing a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves centered on forward Chase Budinger and guard J.J. Barea, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Memphis wants to include forward Tayshaun Prince into the package and the deal could be expanded to include guard Tony Allen, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Components of a proposed deal are still fluid.

Memphis has been furiously trying to unload Prince and the remaining $7.2 million (2013-'14) and $7.7 million (2014-'15) on his contract, league sources said.

Minnesota general manager Flip Saunders is believed to want to add defensive toughness to his roster, and that would make Allen a natural to fill the Wolves' void.

Budinger, 25, missed much of the early season recovering from knee surgery, and has averaged six points in 17.7 minutes per game this season.

Barea, 29, is averaging 8.7 points in 18 minutes per game this season.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    That would be a HUGE trade for Minny.... I really think that would help them out a lot on the defensive end of the court... having him AND Rubio? Rubio's FG% is still awful, but... defensively? That is a great combo to have on the floor.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    Budinger would be perfect for Memphis...he brings much needed athleticism and shooting to their SF group.

The Grizz have to give up more than just Prince and Allen to get a guy like Budinger imo.

vCash
    I really like Tony Allen. I'm kinda surprised they would add him to a deal.

vCash
    I like it for Memphis

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Budinger would be perfect for Memphis...he brings much needed athleticism and shooting to their SF group.

The Grizz have to give up more than just Prince and Allen to get a guy like Budinger imo.

I would drop Bud for Prince and Allen in a heart beat. Those two are SO good on defence.... which would be huge for Minny I think.

Plus Bud has been injured each of the past two season. I'd rather have two defenders that I know will play, than one guy who might not.

That said, I haven't actually gotten to see Bud play at all... not even a single game... but I have seen lots of Prince and Allen and I love those guys... so that might be a bias on my part. But I take that in a heartbeat if I'm Minny.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    On the surface it seems logical for both sides. Memphis gets some offense, Minny gets some defense. Memphis gets some minor cap relief down the road too. But it's gonna be pretty heavily contingent on Budinger figuring things out this year...because he's been awful (obviously injuries playing a role)
    Last edited by ManRam; 02-17-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    not sure how I feel about this. Prince has been pretty awful, and while I love Allen's defense, taking on an additional year of Prince's salary bugs me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    On the surface it seems logical for both sides. Memphis gets some offense, Minny gets some defense. Memphis gets some minor cap relief down the road too. But it's gonna be pretty heavily contingent on Budinger figuring things out this year...because he's been awful.
    he has been much better recently. You tend to be in a funk after 2 knee surgeries and missing 100 games in the past 2 seasons....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    also, Barea leaving would answer many Wolves fans prayers. No more do we need to watch him try and break his own world record for most dribbles in a possession.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I would drop Bud for Prince and Allen in a heart beat. Those two are SO good on defence.... which would be huge for Minny I think.

Plus Bud has been injured each of the past two season. I'd rather have two defenders that I know will play, than one guy who might not.

That said, I haven't actually gotten to see Bud play at all... not even a single game... but I have seen lots of Prince and Allen and I love those guys... so that might be a bias on my part. But I take that in a heartbeat if I'm Minny.
    In Houston, he was a pretty bad defender, so this would help the Wolves D. If Memphis needs a shooter and an athlete, Bud fits the bill. He's like a poor man's Chandler Parsons.

vCash
    I will say, if the trade is just Budinger for Prince, I would be pissed off big time

vCash
    Damn Rubio n Allen would be sick defensively.

How do Wolves fans feel about that on offense?

Prince/Brewer/Allen nice defenders to make a run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Damn Rubio n Allen would be sick defensively.

How do Wolves fans feel about that on offense?

Prince/Brewer/Allen nice defenders to make a run.
    This. Rubio/Allen/Brewer on the perimeter is ZERO floor spacing. The threat of Budinger hitting the 3 opens up the floor for Rubio to drive and Pekovic to work inside. If this trade goes through I would absolutely collapse on the paint with every player not guarding Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    This. Rubio/Allen/Brewer on the perimeter is ZERO floor spacing. The threat of Budinger hitting the 3 opens up the floor for Rubio to drive and Pekovic to work inside. If this trade goes through I would absolutely collapse on the paint with every player not guarding Love.
    Kevin Martin would still start at the 2. I figure Allen is our 6th man who closes games with Brewer sitting, if this trade went down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast