Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Knicks still suck, Stand Pat at Trade Deadline. Discuss here.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m
    Knicks' focus leading into Thursday trade deadline is upgrading at point guard. And word is a new name intrigues them: Atlanta's Jeff Teague

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m
    There are issues if Knicks make full-on play for Teague, who has right of first refusal on any trade after Hawks matched offer sheet in July

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
    Also: Teague not only must approve any trade but also owns long-term deal that slices into Knicks' projected flexibility for summer of 2015

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 30s
    But Knicks said to be investigating all PG options since they're convinced top target Kyle Lowry is NOT available between now and Thursday

vCash

Knicks Interested in Jeff Teague, want a new PG by Deadline

What would they want?

vCash
    Jeff Teague makes 32 Million over the next 4 years (8 million per year)

So if a trade was solely based on him NY would have to send back either JR Smith (5.5 million), Felton (4.1 Million), and probably a guy like Beno + Iman or Hardaway

So I guess maybe Beno + Iman + Raymond Felton for Jeff Teague would be the likely deal?
    Don't see why Atlanta would do it though.

vCash
    I thought Atlanta was going to scrap the entire ship and completely rebuild and tank this one out, than they go resign Korver, Teague and sign Millsap. I don't think they are enamored with Teague since they let him test the market last year but I don't see why they would let him walk after the "win now" moves they made this offseason. Unless they really like that young German dude they drafted this year.

vCash
    I don't want Teague i'm good ntm the hawks wouldn't do that deal

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    I would love to have teague but he messes up the 2015 off season.

I still think he is worth the move

Beno
    Ray
    Iman
    2nd round pick

Teague
    Future Ace

vCash
    Teague is a definite upgrade. The problem, as always, is what would it cost us now and what will it cost against 2015.

If we can get a real PG, and the cost is fair both in trade assets and remaining contract, then please do it. I like Teague from what I have seen, but that has not been enough to put him up there with Lowry.

Don't let the possibility of getting Rondo or Lowry, which is unlikely, keep us from getting another quality option who is more under the radar perhaps.

If the Knicks do something like this then I will be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by redsoxknicks; 02-17-2014 at 02:23 PM.

vCash
    His assists are way up this year over his career averages, so it could be good. Atlanta still has Schoeder at a much cheaper price, so maybe Teague is expendable to them.

But I hate to say this - Atlanta needs a big with Horford down. They are probably looking at Chandler. So it would have to be Teague + someone else for 4 - 6 mil for Chandler. Not sure one way or the other if I would do that, but I am sure they want someone to replace Horford. Beno, Ray and Iman does not do anything for Atlanta.

vCash
    Really i don't like the trade for jeff but we need something better pg than what we have.The trade might be around A.Barni since they are short on bigs.

vCash
    Teague will only destroy knick's cap for 2015. THis would be only a deal to convince overrated melo to stay. Nets did these kinds of deals to convince mr softee dwill to stay also. These type of deals gets a franchise nowhere in long run. Id just rather suck and keep cap space for 2015

vCash
    Ehh i dunno, Teague has been pretty average, and he's shooting the 3 ball even worse than Felton. He does attack and get to the line, but overall I think Lin is better and can be had for less or for just money if we wait til 2015.

If ATL wants to take a deal centered around Iman & Felton it's worth considering. But I'm not sure Teague is worth tying up $8m of our cap in 2015.

If we insist I think the deal I would look for is JR & Shump for Teague. JR & Shump are slated to make almost $12m in 2015, though we do have an option on Shump. But paying Teague $8m over those guys is a good move.

vCash
    Watching the Allstar game should have been a hint to Knicks management who this team needs running the point. Kyrie, please....Teague is an upgrade maybe but if he messes with 2015 I'd rather pass on him.
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

vCash
    The Knicks could always trade Teague a year or two from now if they were so worried about 2015 cap. He is a 25 year old pg making 8 million a year. You can move that piece if things didn't work out. Nobody seems to bring that up and assumes you are stuck with a contract no matter what.

vCash
    With Horford out, Atlanta can dump some contracts and tank the rest of the season. They can easily drop out of the playoff picture with a good dump (LOL). They go into the offseason with a lottery pick, fexibility with what they can do next season and the season after. They still have the rights to some players they can add on top of their draft picks.

It could work out for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1627 View Post
    His assists are way up this year over his career averages, so it could be good. Atlanta still has Schoeder at a much cheaper price, so maybe Teague is expendable to them.

But I hate to say this - Atlanta needs a big with Horford down. They are probably looking at Chandler. So it would have to be Teague + someone else for 4 - 6 mil for Chandler. Not sure one way or the other if I would do that, but I am sure they want someone to replace Horford. Beno, Ray and Iman does not do anything for Atlanta.
    Interesting thought,

Chandler for Teague & Brand would work... but without unloading JR or Felton, we'd really be screwing our 2015 cap.

On the one hand I don't think we'd deal Chandler if we're trying to BUY this year. but on the other hand I could see this as a move to tell Melo, "we're adding good, young pieces for the future".

Teague could also be a chip we use to get Rondo next year.

Overall though I think we're better waiting and just signing a PG in 2015.

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast