Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Old School Question of the Day: Will a quardouple-double ever happen again?

It was 20 years ago today that David Robinson records the last quadruple-double.

Will it ever happen again?

Nate Thurmond did it... a decade later Alvin Robertson did it. Then in the next 10 years Hakeem and David Robinson pulled it off. Clyde Drexler almost pulled it off as well.

Since that time we have seen some amazing players, but NONE have recorded a quadruple-double. Will it happen again? It has been twenty years. That is a LONG time. Will D-Rob be the last to do it?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    It was 20 years ago today that David Robinson records the last quadruple-double.

Will it ever happen again?

Nate Thurmond did it... a decade later Alvin Robertson did it. Then in the next 10 years Hakeem and David Robinson pulled it off. Clyde Drexler almost pulled it off as well.

Since that time we have seen some amazing players, but NONE have recorded a quadruple-double. Will it happen again? It has been twenty years. That is a LONG time. Will D-Rob be the last to do it?

I can't believe its been that long. It will probably happen again. If the MLB triple crown can be won i think i have faith in this. But i guess the big thing is the blocks. Im trying to think of a 10 assist guy who can rebound and play D....CANT really think of one..Paul George ..maybe

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I can't believe its been that long. It will probably happen again. If the MLB triple crown can be won i think i have faith in this. But i guess the big thing is the blocks. Im trying to think of a 10 assist guy who can rebound and play D....CANT really think of one..Paul George ..maybe

Noah is the only big in the league who has gotten 10 blocks AND has gotten 10 assists.

Several bigs can get 10 assists (Marc + Pau, Monroe, DMC) and a couple could get 10 blocks (Noah, Hibert, and Bynum has done it), but Noah is the only one who over laps.

The 4D game happened once with steals. If Rubio or CP3 had a big night... I could see them pulling it off... perhaps more likely than than though is Michael Carter-Williams. He has had some crazy nights with steals and does everything else well enough to pull it off.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    joakim noah has gotten close a few times,lebron also

yeah,it'll def happen again

vCash
    Could Davis get the assists?
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    rondo

vCash
    first game of this season M. Carter-Williams 22 Pts, 7 Reb, 12 Ast, 9 Stl
    The real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me a reason to believe you are part of the 1%.

vCash
    Never say never!

Metta is the most recent guy to go 8-8-8-8 (steals). He did it in 2002. 24-9-9-8.

Like JJH said, the steals quad-double has only happened once, by Alvin Robertson

Kirilinko is the last guy to go 8-8-8-8 (blocks). He did it in 2006. 15-11-8-8. Only 3 other players (5 other times) have gone 8-8-8-8.

Hawes went 18-16-8-7 (blocks) last year. Kinda close.
    MCW went 22-7-12-9 (steals) this year, as stated. Kinda close.
    RWB went 23-13-8-7 (steals) in 2012.

Wall, Conley, Curry, Smoove, Wade, Paul, Rondo have all had 10/7+/7+/7+ games in their career. It's not unfathomable that any of them could do it.

Rubio seems like a likely candidate because of his stealing prowess.

Noah, Hawes and Smoove seem like the best odds for a big man.

I think it will happen again, but who knows.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Larry Sanders got triple double last season. But no assists.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../larry-sanders

vCash
    Noah or Josh Smith seem like the best candidates to me. Blocks just seem more doable than steals but I'd give Rondo a shot. He hovers around a triple double on a nightly basis and is always a candidate to have a monster night in the steals department. I think any night Rondo goes on a steal-tear he has a good shot because that dude is always gonna be close to giving you 10-10-10.