Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Melo the Mentor to younger players!

For all of you guys who's always hating on Melo, last night on the allstar game it was stated that KD said it's Melo that's like his big brother in the league and is the guy he would call for advice about his games. It was said that it's Melo who's his closest friend in the league.

Clearly that is only something you would look to a good leader for, it's so easy for everyone to believe and assume he would look to LeBron for because you guys think that leadership is shown from what you see on the camera and in the games. That is not true though, it's the things we don't see that make guys good leaders, the behind the scene things that the reporters don't know about.

Remember that most reporters report somewhat as a fan, meaning if they like a guy they will portray as if he was the greatest leader and personality, or greatest locker room guy on the planet, or if the guy wins that's what they make him out to be.

The one guy everyone considers to be the g.o.a.t of the NBA Michael Jordan himself was an awful locker room guy and most of the team actually didn't like the guy. Start listening to whats going on and stop assuming, guys like KD don't look up to him for nothing.

Give Melo his due credit, when or if he wins a championship or a few everyone will change like the weather I bet thats how it always happens. Not comparing Melo to Jordan but remember they said he wasn't a winning player until he won!
    Last edited by kartyea; 02-17-2014 at 11:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    For all of you guys who's always hating on Melo, last night on the allstar game it was stated that KD said it's Melo that's like his big brother in the league and is the guy he would call for advice about his games. It was said that it's Melo who's his closest friend in the league.

Clearly that is only something you would look to a good leader for, it's so easy for everyone to believe and assume he would look to LeBron for because you guys think that leadership is shown from what you see on the camera and in the games. That is not true though, it's the things we don't see that make guys good leaders, the behind the scene things that the reporters don't know about.

Remember that most reporters report somewhat as a fan, meaning if they like a guy they will portray as if he was the greatest leader and personality, or greatest locker room guy on the planet, or if the guy wins that's what they make him out to be.

The one guy everyone considers to be the g.o.a.t of the NBA Michael Jordan himself was an awful locker room guy and most of the team actually didn't like the guy. Start listening to whats going on and stop assuming, guys like KD don't look up to him for nothing.

Give Melo his due credit, when or if he wins a championship or a few everyone will change like the weather I bet thats how it always happens. Not comparing Melo to Jordan but remember they said he wasn't a winning player until he won!
    Because sometimes the player has to develop into that. If the player evolves, the fans/media have a right to change their opinion and recognize the change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Because sometimes the player has to develop into that. If the player evolves, the fans/media have a right to change their opinion and recognize the change.
    In most cases the guy is who he is, and people's opinion normally changes with a players supporting cast. It's not that a guy completely changes his personality, but that he gets better players to play with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Kobe never changed who he was after Shaq left, the Lakers got Gasol in his prime, and he won two more championships. He was the same is the same and will always be. When he won he was unbelievable, when his supporting cast diminished it tured into he's a ball hog, and he shoots too much.
    Last edited by kartyea; 02-17-2014 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Hes a basketball player not Yoda..

vCash
    Kobe never changed who he was after Shaq left, the Lakers got Gasol in his prime, and he won two more championships. He was the same is the same and will always be. When he won he was unbelievable, when his supporting cast diminished it tured into he's a ball hog, and he shoots too much.
    So, he did change. He took 27 shots per game in 05-06 compared to 18 in his last season with Shaq. That talent around him may cause him to change as a player on the floor, but he did start shooting way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    So, he did change. He took 27 shots per game in 05-06 compared to 18 in his last season with Shaq. That talent around him may cause him to change as a player on the floor, but he did start shooting way more.
    Same player except, except he felt he had to do more and that was only because he had less help. His role changed but personality wise he was the same aggressive player. Who else was on that team you wanted to have those shots? When he got help he was right back to being every reporters best player in the league.
    Last edited by kartyea; 02-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.

vCash
    Same player except, except he felt he had to do more and that was only because he had less help. His role changed but personality wise he was the same player.
    I agree that it was a function of having less help, but I don't think his role ever really changed. It's not like he was asked to step up and be a star after being a role player his whole career. It's the same thing we saw with Melo at points earlier in the year, when you don't have enough talent around you, you try and do it all yourself.

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    If melo gets ny to atleast 500 then i will give him credit. Otherwise i dont care bout anything else he does cause it has no affect on my life. I just want knick wins no matter who delivers them. Im a knick fan . Problem here is some are melo fans 1st before they are knick fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    I agree that it was a function of having less help, but I don't think his role ever really changed. It's not like he was asked to step up and be a star after being a role player his whole career. It's the same thing we saw with Melo at points earlier in the year, when you don't have enough talent around you, you try and do it all yourself.
    Agreed role was the wrong choice of words, but as you said he felt he had to do more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    If melo gets ny to atleast 500 then i will give him credit. Otherwise i dont care bout anything else he does cause it has no affect on my life. I just want knick wins no matter who delivers them. Im a knick fan . Problem here is some are melo fans 1st before they are knick fans.
    The problem isn't Melo or anyone who supports him, most times it is the other guys on the floor.

vCash
    I'm with you on this, I'm a fan of the team if Melo or anyone else were to leave or be traded then I could care less about the player any more. I also recognize we got a great player in Melo and he and Hardaway Jr are two bright spots. You build around guys like that, a lot of posters always screaming draft, but the draft is a crap shoot.

I went thru all the names picked in the first round of the draft in the last 6 years and on average 3 possible 4 players per draft are actually impact players. And thats in 2 rounds of the draft.

Most top 10 drafted players you don't know where they are anymore, nothing is a guarantee and when you got a star like Melo you figure it out because there is no guarantees any of these college guys will become one ever.
    Last edited by kartyea; 02-17-2014 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    My problem with melo is that he could not fit with amare 1st yr when amare was pretty healthy. He also did not fit with Lin for most part. Now he dont fit with bargani. How do we know he can fit with kevin love? Melo is just a hard guy to fit players around. Its too hit or miss

vCash
    My problem with melo is that he could not fit with amare 1st yr when amare was pretty healthy. He also did not fit with Lin for most part. Now he dont fit with bargani. How do we know he can fit with kevin love? Melo is just a hard guy to fit players around. Its too hit or miss
    Lin couldn't fit in with Harden which is why he's coming off the bench, Bargnani couldn't fit in with Bosh, who left him and got a title, and Stat couldn't fit in with Melo, why does it always have to be Melo's fault? You don't think any of these guys are culpable?

The thing is Harden has a coach that sees Lin was taking shots away from his best player and better served his team coming off the bench, and we didn't.
    Last edited by kartyea; 02-17-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast