Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

REPORT: The Reds close to a 6-year deal with Homer Bailey worth $100M

JUST IN: #Reds starter Homer Bailey, who is still unsigned, said he feels he and the Reds are close to a multi-year extension.

"It's just the little details and stuff like that but we're really close," Bailey said.
    via Cincinnati Enquirer

That's a lot of money, but that's the asking price for pitchers in today's market. Say he has another good year this year, then hit free agency, he would be worth a lot more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    via Cincinnati Enquirer

That's a lot of money, but that's the asking price for pitchers in today's market. Say he has another good year this year, then hit free agency, he would be worth a lot more.
    Your exactly right. I guess that means bye bye Latos! I hate big contracts, they make me nervous. Almost all big contract, they have a down year after signing. Lets hope that is not the case.

vCash
    The Reds are going to get a new TV deal in 2016. All of baseball is making a lot more money, and that includes the Reds.

vCash
    I honestly don't think he is worth that much. I'd rather give Latos the big contract

vCash
    Hopefully they can resign Cuteo and Latos and let Leake walk replacing him with Stevenson. That is a scary rotation.

2016 Rotation
    Latos
    Homer
    Cueto
    Cingrani
    Stevenson

vCash
    I think that Leake has the best shot out of the three of staying. He'll probably be more affordable and have a longer career.

vCash
    Brandon Phillips is probably going to start *****ing again and asking his contract be opened back up for renegotiation.

vCash
    Bailey's contract is over the top.

vCash
    If he has a year like he did the last 2, he'll be worth a lot more than that in the FA market

vCash
    I would've rather gave the extension to Latos.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Who said Latos won't get an extension now?

I do think the Reds will have a harder time signing him because the FA market might be too much for the Reds to handle, but I think that they can sign Latos and Leake. Cueto might be the pitcher who leaves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Who said Latos won't get an extension now?

I do think the Reds will have a harder time signing him because the FA market might be too much for the Reds to handle, but I think that they can sign Latos and Leake. Cueto might be the pitcher who leaves.
    I'm not saying he won't, but I'd rather have his done first and that's a lot of money for Bailey, they're paying him ple a number one or two pitcher when I think he's more of a very good third.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Bailey is arbitration eligible this year, and a FA after this year. I think Latos still has 2 more years until he's a FA so Bailey was the priority this off season.

vCash
    Ya, the Reds just drew a line in the sand for pitchers. If Latos continues to out pitch Bailey.... and he will.... what kind of offer do the Reds come up with? If you keep signing pitchers like this, Price may have to play 1st base or bring up Jim Butterball from the Tuesday Night VFW Softball League..

vCash
    Not just the Reds, all of baseball. This is the asking price for good SP these days. Like I've talked about, baseball is bringing in more and more money. Only the NFL brings in more money. It's only fair that players get a bigger piece of the pie. Either than, or the owners can just start writing themselves bigger checks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast