Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Nickgb Mock Draft - Hope you enjoy :)

Packer Free Agent Signings:

Daryl Smith, ILB - Packers ink Daryl Smith to a 3 year deal worth $9 million with no Guaranteed money after his 1st year. He immediately replaces Brad Jones as the starter next to A.J. Hawk.
    Arthur Jones, DT - The Packers lose Raji / Wilson in this mock draft and this is our 1 decent sized Free Agent signing and was easily the best player along the

Clinton McDonald, DT - The Packers are said to be looking for more quickness on defense and McDonald provides that he provides adequate depth along the defensive line and notched 5.5 Sacks last season.

Ryan Clark, FS - He is likely not going to be resigned by the Steelers and already knowing a bit of Capers system he makes for a good addition and adds some veteran presence in the backfield.

Arthur Jones, DE - This is probably where the biggest money will be spent in Free Agency. He was easily Baltimore's best DL player last year and while he wont come as cheap as the above Free Agents he wont break the bank either and is still rather young.

The only Free Agent that should really command some money out of what the Packers do typically would be Arthur Jones and that's just a possibility but everyone should still be 100% affordable especially after the Packers cut Ties with Tramon Williams.

Packers Resigned:

Sam Shields, CB
    Johnny Jolly, DE
    Evan Dietrich-Smith, OC
    Mike Neal, DL/LB
    Matt Flynn, QB

Packers not Returning:

Tramon Williams
    B.J. Raji
    Ryan Pickett
    C.J. Wilson
    Andrew Quarless
    Jermichael Finley
    M.D. Jennings
    Marshall Newhouse
    Jamari Lattimore

NFL Draft:

Packers are awarded 3rd and 6th Round Comp Picks

Round 1: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

I know the Packers resigned Shields but in this mock draft I have them letting Tramon Williams go and he ends up being a cap casualty. To make room for some of our new Defensive pieces and what is there NOT to get excited about with Sam Shields, Justin Gilbert and Casey Hayward as our corners of the future?

Round 2: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois

Ward will not start his rookie season or isn't in a position at least where he'll have to start right away with Ryan Clark coming in providing the veteran presence it allows Ward the time to learn the system and eventually be his successor and provides much needed depth at the position.

Packers trade up Sending their 3rd / 4th Round draft picks.

Round 2B: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington

With the way the Packers approached Free Agency and remaking their Defense they were able to make this move and give Aaron Rodgers another weapon.

Round 3 Comp Pick: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

The Packers need to add depth at the WR position with James Jones leaving in Free Agency and the Packers having Randall Cobb / Jordy Nelson contracts to deal with in the near future.

Round 5: Lamin Barrow, ILB, LSU

Barrow certainly looks the type. He's extremely raw but is an athlete and with the proper coaching coul dpotentially be a steal for the Packers here. What's great about this is the Packers signed Daryl Smith so it gives Barrow time to develop as a prospect.

Round 6: Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee

Dom Capers is on record saying that is starts with stopping the run and that's exactly what McCullers will do for this defense. He's a mountain of a man and while he's a great run stuffer that's about all his game provides.

Round 6b: Tyler Starr, OLB, South Dakota

The Packers have been linked to Tyler Starr and this seem to make sense. He provides adequate depth and could be a good special teams player.

Round 7: Corey Linsley, OC

Corey Linsley provides depth at a position we could really use some competition at as well.
    [/u]

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    Lol love you nicky but did you say Jones was better than Ngata. Cmon now. Stop googling stats and living by pff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSized View Post
    Lol love you nicky but did you say Jones was better than Ngata. Cmon now. Stop googling stats and living by pff
    No no not at all. Ngata goes with out saying but Arthur Jones had an incredibly good season ask any Ravens fan. While Ngata is obviously the center piece Jones is a stud in his own right.

vCash
    K lol. You said easily their best dl I alike wow.

I'll give more input next time I'm at pc

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGB View Post
    No no not at all. Ngata goes with out saying but Arthur Jones had an incredibly good season ask any Ravens fan. While Ngata is obviously the center piece Jones is a stud in his own right.
    I like Jones too, but I don't think Baltimore is going to let him go and I think he is much better when the attention is not solely focused on him.

If you wanted to sign him and re-sign Pickett I could see that working.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    I don't understand all the people wanting TW gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I don't understand all the people wanting TW gone.
    I don't necessarily want him gone but I also don't want him at his current cap situation. He was only cut for the sake of the additions I made on the defensive side of the ball honestly. I like Twill and he showed well at the end of last season but honestly he's been kind of disappointing since our Superbowl run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGB View Post
    I don't necessarily want him gone but I also don't want him at his current cap situation. He was only cut for the sake of the additions I made on the defensive side of the ball honestly. I like Twill and he showed well at the end of last season but honestly he's been kind of disappointing since our Superbowl run
    He's going into the last year of his contract, it'd seem foolish to cut him now. I'd rather restructure and extend to lessen the cap hit. If he won't do it, I say just let him play it out.

vCash
    Liking the first three picks. Like the two DL that you plucked in FA, the other two may only be one or two year fill ins, which is ok.

I like us to renegotiate Tramon Williams, rather than flat out cut him, but if cutting him lands us Arthru Jones and Gilbert, I may be on board.

It's beyond me why anybody wouldn't want Jamari Lattimore back. I do belive he is a RFA, but not positive.

Good job!
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    He's going into the last year of his contract, it'd seem foolish to cut him now. I'd rather restructure and extend to lessen the cap hit. If he won't do it, I say just let him play it out.
    I'm with you on this. I also see him getting extended. Decent safety play, knowing someone has his back, & he'll look very good again.

vCash
    Another Very Good Mock. My only Question Mark would be does Ryan Clark have anything left in the tank? he is 34 but then again he had a 100 plus tackles. Anyhow Good Mock....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi24 View Post
    Another Very Good Mock. My only Question Mark would be does Ryan Clark have anything left in the tank? he is 34 but then again he had a 100 plus tackles. Anyhow Good Mock....
    He did draft Jimmie Ward. I like the idea of a veteran insurance policy after last year. He said start Clark, start whoever deserves the job. Maybe by week 8 the kid has it, or even the opposite happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    well you are not going to like this but i also agree with you Bridgewater over Manzeil. ill make things interesting though Tajh Boyd over Bridgewater. i believe Boyd to be the best QB in college. i can make it even more interesting and i may be the only one who believes this but idc Logan Thomas over Bridgewater.
    Lulz

vCash
    I really like the FA signings you have. The only one that I'm not totally behind is Ryan Clark. I'd rather draft someone like Pryor in the 1st or have a younger option than Clark.

- I think Williams will restructure
    - I don't think EDS will be back
    - I like the trade up on ASJ because it means we stayed away from Pettigrew

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrain07 View Post
    I really like the FA signings you have. The only one that I'm not totally behind is Ryan Clark. I'd rather draft someone like Pryor in the 1st or have a younger option than Clark.

- I think Williams will restructure
    - I don't think EDS will be back
    - I like the trade up on ASJ because it means we stayed away from Pettigrew
    I'm not on board with the Pryor hype right now. Just not quite there like some others are honestly. I would much prefer to get Jimmie Ward at the spot he was taken here then to grab Pryor in the 1st. That's just my opinion.

Ryan Clark is a veteran presence that is probably in the past years one of the more under appreciated veteran safeties in the league (Which is sad really). However, I didn't fully invest in him the contract wouldn't be for an arm and a leg and Jimmie Ward is more then an adequate pick to provide him some competition to start at the position. I just would have rather of waited to see Ward catch on to the defense a little seeings as Capers defense isn't exactly Rookie friendly.

vCash
    i doubt they use a draft pick on offense until very late in the draft. defense early and often for the pack in my opinion
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast