Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,337
    vCash
    1500

    Game 54: Golden State Warriors (31-22) @ Sacramento Kings (18-35)




    @


    Wednesday, February 19th, 2014
    7:00PM Pacific Time


    Sleep Train Arena
    Sacramento, California
    The 916





    PROJECTED LINEUPS




    The Dubs






    Sacramento Kings






    THE RUNDOWN



    MUST WIN GAME

    Warriors road record: 15-12
    Kings home record: 11-16


    Thread goal: 300 posts
    Last edited by MackShock; 02-18-2014 at 10:17 PM.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."


    #DUBSUP

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,337
    vCash
    1500
    #DubsUp
    #NorcalRival
    #LeandresClosetFavoriteTeamBasedOnGeographicConven ience
    #I80Series
    #MikeMaloneIsLookingStupidForLeaving
    #HashTagKings

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."


    #DUBSUP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,712
    vCash
    1500
    any news on whether bogut or oneal will play in this one? What is oneals injury anyway?
    A role model if I ever knew one

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Slobbing on Bruce Bochy's knob
    Posts
    28,480
    vCash
    11560
    There's no way this isn't a must win game.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Slobbing on Bruce Bochy's knob
    Posts
    28,480
    vCash
    11560
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    any news on whether bogut or oneal will play in this one? What is oneals injury anyway?
    You must be new here. Bogut and Oneal are milking injuries until the playoffs.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,712
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    You must be new here. Bogut and Oneal are milking injuries until the playoffs.
    Id be ok with that if A)festus ezeli was back and playing well, and B) the warriors have locked their way into a top 4 seed in the west.... anything short of a top 4 seed should result in a new head coach IMO
    A role model if I ever knew one

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,305
    vCash
    1613
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    anything short of a top 4 seed should result in a new head coach IMO
    LOL... no. First of all do you know what it would take for us to get a 4th seed at this point?

    Secondly...


    I bet you were one of the guys last year saying that our defense would be awful without Malone


    Jackson has no prior coaching experience, in his first three years, he's probably going to end with two winning seasons and one losing season.

    Question his methods until you're blue in the face. Assuming we make the playoffs, when was the last time we had back to back playoff seasons? I'll answer that for you. 1990-91, 1991-92. Over two decades ago.

    And you can't sit there and give ALL of the credit to the players and all of the blame to the coaching staff. That's a cop out. You said it yourself, you've been barking on about it for the longest time now, Barnes and Klay don't attack the rim as much as they should, guys aren't putting the effort into some games. A coach can only motivate players to a certain extent, I don't care if you're a pastor, motivational speaker, their mother or Gregg Popovich. You can only motivate players to a certain extent, and you can tell them to do something, you can't make them do it if they lack the confidence. There's more going on here behind the scenes than the coaching. Whether it's a confidence issue or locker room tension I don't know, but you can't lay the entire blame on the coach.

    Last year a whole bunch of you were crediting Malone for being the mastermind behind our defense, since he left, we've improved defensively. Sure we brought in Dre plus Green and Klay have improved their defense, but are you telling me none of this is a part of Mark Jacksons system? The guy who walked into this job and on day one said he wanted a more defensive minded team? He had nothing to do with this?



    If a guy with no coaching experience comes in and gives you back to back playoff seasons, you don't can him. Lacob said it himself, championship teams take time to gel and become contenders, he himself said it will take 2 or 3 years, and he's right. You don't build a contender overnight, Lakers tried, failed. Brooklyn tried, failed. It takes patience, discipline, a talented roster with team players and a solid coach. We have all of that in place, it's just time to start putting it altogether.




    If we miss the playoffs entirely, you might have an argument.

    And I hate to say I told you so, but I said before the season started, the West has improved so tremendously that we could just as easily be the 8th seed as we could the 4th.
    Last edited by Goose17; 02-17-2014 at 03:07 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,712
    vCash
    1500

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    LOL... no. First of all do you know what it would take for us to get a 4th seed at this point?
    It would take a lot- but IMO they should have won atleast 6 or 7 more games this season if this team was playing anywhere near their talent level (even with the injuries they have had)

    Just because the team has underperformed and lost a lot of games they should win- does not mean that the initial expectations for this group were invalid and shouldnt be the standard. If you want to build a championship team- you cant lower your goals because of incompetence.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Secondly...


    I bet you were one of the guys last year saying that our defense would be awful without Malone
    No I thought with the addition of Iggy, a healthy bogut and the improvement of klay thompson- our defense would be very good. I thought those factors plus the team being together another year would be more powerful than the departure of malone- btw- what does Sacramento's defense look like this year?


    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Jackson has no prior coaching experience, in his first three years, he's probably going to end with two winning seasons and one losing season.

    Question his methods until you're blue in the face. Assuming we make the playoffs, when was the last time we had back to back playoff seasons? I'll answer that for you. 1990-91, 1991-92. Over two decades ago.
    1) I dont think the fact that jackson has no coaching experience should give him any slack here- he chose to apply for the job against other candidates who had successful coaching experience- and because of that I think it's reasonable to compare him head to head regardless of his experience.

    2) I dont know about his methods or his ability as an X's and O's coach but the team is under-performing. Many say that the expectations for this team were the problem- but having watched every single game this season- the expectations were reasonable assuming the players at the very least gave a decent level of effort night in and night out. I know it cant be their A game every night- but there at atleast 10-15 games this year where they just game out with no energy at all... and it wasn't because of fatigue.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    And you can't sit there and give ALL of the credit to the players and all of the blame to the coaching staff. That's a cop out. You said it yourself, you've been barking on about it for the longest time now, Barnes and Klay don't attack the rim as much as they should, guys aren't putting the effort into some games. A coach can only motivate players to a certain extent, I don't care if you're a pastor, motivational speaker, their mother or Gregg Popovich. You can only motivate players to a certain extent, and you can tell them to do something, you can't make them do it if they lack the confidence. There's more going on here behind the scenes than the coaching. Whether it's a confidence issue or locker room tension I don't know, but you can't lay the entire blame on the coach.
    I think there might need to be some big roster moves too. If players dont want it bad enough- they need to get some guys in who do want it. I dont know if the players arent buying into the system- but popovic always gets the very best out of all of his players.... LOL all im asking of jackson is to get the average production out of his players....(given their capability)



    If a guy with no coaching experience comes in and gives you back to back playoff seasons, you don't can him. Lacob said it himself, championship teams take time to gel and become contenders, he himself said it will take 2 or 3 years, and he's right. You don't build a contender overnight, Lakers tried, failed. Brooklyn tried, failed. It takes patience, discipline, a talented roster with team players and a solid coach. We have all of that in place, it's just time to start putting it altogether.




    If we miss the playoffs entirely, you might have an argument.

    And I hate to say I told you so, but I said before the season started, the West has improved so tremendously that we could just as easily be the 8th seed as we could the 4th.[/QUOTE]

    The west has improved... but I just look at the suns. If they can be right there in the playoff picture with their talent level- the warriors are capable of being a lot better. They have a rookie head coach, they dont have a lot of experience but every guy on that roster comes in and works to play to the very best of his ability every single night.- again I dont even think the warriors need to play to the best of their ability to beat teams like the wizards, the lakers, the t wolves, the bobcats, the nuggets, etc. AT HOME!!!!

    Im not even saying I expected the warriors to win it all- but with their talent, they should have made a significant step forward. they should be a 54-57 win team.... but it looks like they are trying to finish with 45-50 wins which is the exact same as last year...
    A role model if I ever knew one

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Slobbing on Bruce Bochy's knob
    Posts
    28,480
    vCash
    11560
    You make some good points stylez but goose is right about it being a bad idea to fire Mark Jackson if we don't get the 4rth seed or higher.You don't fix what's not broken, even if we fail to meet the expectations, that's on everyone, from the coaching staff, to Bazemore on the bench.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,712
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    You make some good points stylez but goose is right about it being a bad idea to fire Mark Jackson if we don't get the 4rth seed or higher.You don't fix what's not broken, even if we fail to meet the expectations, that's on everyone, from the coaching staff, to Bazemore on the bench.
    again- Im not saying it is just the coaching staff at fault, I think if they fail to show a step up they should strongly look into trades to improve the roster even if it means giving up part of the core.

    I think that given the roster the warriors have- a top 4 seed was a reasonable goal going into the season. If we continue to say "oh the west improved and the west is so good... and its too much to ask then the warriors wont get anywhere". Next year I expect teams like the Kings, Hornets, and Jazz to all be better teams.

    "dont fix whats not broken"- the warriors going out and not giving effort half the games they play in is not acceptable.... so in this context... I wouldnt call it "not broken".

    If this team finishes with 48-50 wins and loses in a tough first round series... and the front office sits back and does nothing over the offseason....that would be a problem. Honestly though- I actually believe Lacob/ Myers will not sit back and do nothing if the team underperforms. I think they will look to make a significant move (and thats not signing a maurice speights) regardlless of what I think the front office should so- iF THE TEAM COMES OUT WITH NO EFFORT in a playoff game- jackson may be fired on the spot.

    I agree- in pro sports coaches are fired for reasons all the time that arent entirely "fair". I realize that jackson has accomplished a lot more than anybody with the warriors in 20 yrs- but how many coaches have had a center of boguts quality? an all star starter- a wing defender like Iggy, an all star level power forward all on floor at once? LMAo they were trying to win games with earl boykins and Brian cardinal as the go to guys- Or clifford rozier guarding hakeem ologawon, or bobby sura going one on one with kobe bryant.... so excuse me if my expectations for a team with this talent level is higher than what I had for a team playing 4 d league players more than 25 minutes a game for half the season
    A role model if I ever knew one

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    1500
    Stylez, I know that I am an infrequent poster here, and that the majority of my posts are an expression of my disgust at the way that you,as someone who contributes absolutely nothing to the venture of a team, question the integrity of the people who actually do work every day toward a goal. But I would like to make a separate point here.

    We had a guy who worked in the office who was... a douche... and we all agreed that the purest expression of his.... douchery.... was his incredibly injudicious use of bold text in intra office Emails. It comes off like you are shouting for no other reason than because you think your voice is the most important, and therefore should be the loudest.

    That guy got fired and we all pitched in for beer.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,712
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBistre View Post
    Stylez, I know that I am an infrequent poster here, and that the majority of my posts are an expression of my disgust at the way that you,as someone who contributes absolutely nothing to the venture of a team, question the integrity of the people who actually do work every day toward a goal. But I would like to make a separate point here.

    We had a guy who worked in the office who was... a douche... and we all agreed that the purest expression of his.... douchery.... was his incredibly injudicious use of bold text in intra office Emails. It comes off like you are shouting for no other reason than because you think your voice is the most important, and therefore should be the loudest.

    That guy got fired and we all pitched in for beer.
    MrBistre,

    I apologize if my bold texting appeared to be a form of disrespect. I certainly didnt intend for it to offend anybody. Further more, I make a point not to personally attack other posters for their opinion on the warriors. On very rare occasion (I think just with wwl- I have personally attacked after literally dozens of attacks coming my way). I don't consider myself a douche at all, and thank you for pointing out that my bold print came off that way.

    I always thought all caps were the way of shouting. I used bold to separate my response to different portions of the post Goose wrote. I thought by reading my post- one would see there wasnt anything offensive or condescending towards anybodies opinions. I will keep your observation in mind for future posts though.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,305
    vCash
    1613
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBistre View Post
    Stylez, I know that I am an infrequent poster here, and that the majority of my posts are an expression of my disgust at the way that you,as someone who contributes absolutely nothing to the venture of a team, question the integrity of the people who actually do work every day toward a goal. But I would like to make a separate point here.

    We had a guy who worked in the office who was... a douche... and we all agreed that the purest expression of his.... douchery.... was his incredibly injudicious use of bold text in intra office Emails. It comes off like you are shouting for no other reason than because you think your voice is the most important, and therefore should be the loudest.

    That guy got fired and we all pitched in for beer.
    You should post more often.



    Stylez, again, Lacob said it himself, it takes YEARS for a playoff team to become a championship contender. This is essentially a completely new team as we were without Bogut for most of last season, have added Dre and the bench is close to unrecognisable compared to last year. Regardless of the talent, you can't ASSUME anything. Not being a top 5-6 seed would be a disappointment. But it's not enough to have a coach fired.

    If next year, we finish the season without being a top 5 seed. Then you look to make changes. You don't blow up a roster and fire the coaching staff after ONE disappointing season.

    Don't you remember how disappointing our seasons were before Jackson came along?

    IMO, unless you're finishing dead last or REALLY under performing (missing the playoffs entirely) you have to give a coach four or five seasons to see what he's really made of.


    Champions aren't born over night.


    Besides, who do you suggest we replace him with? George Karl, the king of the regular season and jester of the playoffs? JVG, the guy who said Curry would never make it as a professional baller? Lawrence Frank, the "inside man" and king of sabotage?

    There's plenty of good coaches out there but take a second to think on it, the one thing that has carried this team through the tough times over the last two-three years is the chemistry. Do you honestly think removing Mark Jackson wouldn't disrupt the chemistry?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,712
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    You should post more often.



    Stylez, again, Lacob said it himself, it takes YEARS for a playoff team to become a championship contender. This is essentially a completely new team as we were without Bogut for most of last season, have added Dre and the bench is close to unrecognisable compared to last year. Regardless of the talent, you can't ASSUME anything. Not being a top 5-6 seed would be a disappointment. But it's not enough to have a coach fired.

    If next year, we finish the season without being a top 5 seed. Then you look to make changes. You don't blow up a roster and fire the coaching staff after ONE disappointing season.

    Don't you remember how disappointing our seasons were before Jackson came along?

    IMO, unless you're finishing dead last or REALLY under performing (missing the playoffs entirely) you have to give a coach four or five seasons to see what he's really made of.


    Champions aren't born over night.


    Besides, who do you suggest we replace him with? George Karl, the king of the regular season and jester of the playoffs? JVG, the guy who said Curry would never make it as a professional baller? Lawrence Frank, the "inside man" and king of sabotage?

    There's plenty of good coaches out there but take a second to think on it, the one thing that has carried this team through the tough times over the last two-three years is the chemistry. Do you honestly think removing Mark Jackson wouldn't disrupt the chemistry?
    Lacob was an owner of a celtics team that went from 22 wins to NBA champions in ONE OFFSEASON- Granted that was exceptional and shouldnt be expected all the time. a 47 win team where virtually the entire core is young and should get better, they get a healthy elite level defensive center, and add a player of Iggys caliber on the wing- there should be an improvement.

    I'm not saying Mark jackson is at fault, and it would be "fair" to fire him. - but he isnt getting the most out of his roster. Heck he isnt even getting a reasonable amount out of his roster. I dont know what the reason is- but its happening way too often- the players dont feel the need to put effort out there.

    Often times, a coach is fired even when he over achieves with his talent. George Karl's Denver Nuggets team had no business being a top 3 team in a stacked western confrence. I dont think they had a single all star on the roster. They had solid depth and some very good players... but no stars (maybe ty lawson if your a little bit of a homer).

    The warriors roster might not be perfect. They may need some more fire power on the bench- having said all that- effort has cost them more games. There is no way they should be getting blown out at home to the bobcats, they shouldnt be walking in mud against the t wolves and wizards. Anybody who has watched the game can see the players arent playing like they want to be an elite team. They constantly put out as little possible effort to keep them in a game and steal a win.

    The clippers had paul sitting for over a month and- the warriors didnt see that as an opportunity to move up in the standings. They lost 5 or 6 homegames that should have been free bees.

    Some things in sports are out of your control, Any team can beat any other team on any given night. effort is something that should be controllable......and for one reason or another... Mark jackson cant get that out of his team. Theres still time- if they give over 80% for the rest of the season- they have a chance to move up in the standings... but if they go .500 or slightly more than .500- its no good.

    Also-a lot of the national media doesnt watch every game and they just look at injuries and say its a young roster and they should struggle. they dont watch and see the team giving no effort to create good shots in 3/4 of their games over the last month. If there is a problem behind closed doors- thats still ultimately on Jackson- deal with the problem and talk your guys into playing OR move guys who arent helping the team. Sitting back and saying its a process over and over... gets old. I understand they might not be ready to be a championship team- but they shouldnt need "years of time to gel" to go out and compete with the bobcats at home.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    763
    vCash
    7500
    First off, will Bogut be on the floor tonight? I have more confidence in Bogut's contribution for a win rather than relying on Jackson's coaching the W's into one.
    On a side note, the W's are starting to look like a NBA soap opera. A day after Jackson ripping the press, reading between the lines his ripping for more than just the Press...cough cough FO. The team is 10 games over .500, get use to such success; the W's haven't been there for awhile. So are we to thanks Jackson for such success? Then came the Lacob's interview, Lacob said he thinks Jackson is a good coach, but Lacob finds it disturbing that the W's are inconsistent especially losing to weaker teams at home. The owner is expecting at least 4th in the Pacific while the coach is pounding his chest and seems content with 10 games over .500.
    There's a disconnect there, not sure about the Open Door policy at W's land. Looks like the owner and the coach are not on the same page, a replay of Bogut-Jackson shoulder blunder? Anyway, Lacob is right. If the W's had won 6 or so games from those weaker teams, they would be tied or in the 4th seed. Lacob kinda let the cat out of the bag, the high expectations are not just from fans....but from the owner himself.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •