Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The top 5 PFs up until the break

Out of curiosity who do you think the top 5 PFs have been so far this season?

I thought this would be easy, then I started to think about it, there's a lot of very solid PFs this year, how much do you put into individual performance vs team performance? I mean the list is pretty good, Love, Davis, Griffin, Dirk, Aldridge, Duncan, Millsap, Ibaka and David Lee are the obvious choices. Cutting that down to 5 feels pretty difficult.

Right now, I'm thinking (but not certain);

1. Anthony Davis
    2. Blake Griffin
    3. LaMarcus Aldridge
    4. Paul Millsap
    5. David Lee

(Honorable mention; Tim Duncan, Kevin Love and Dirk)

My list is a combination of factors, some guys are on their for individual talent, some for the way they've carried their team, some made it above others because I prefer the way they play, so that isn't strictly a list of the top 5 as in top 5 individual talent)
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Davis
    Love
    Griffin
    Aldridge
    Millsap

But I'm not sure,I feel like Ibaka should take a spot.

vCash
    Aldridge
    Blake
    Duncan
    Davis
    Love

vCash
    Love
    Davis
    Griffin
    Nowitzki
    Duncan

in no particular order

honorable mention Ibaka, Aldridge, Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I like your list. Love over Lee though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I like your list. Love over Lee though.
    I'm man enough to admit it's a homer vote.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Love
    Davis
    Griffin
    Nowitzki
    Duncan

in no particular order

I wanted to put Duncan on my list, one of my favourite players of all time. But when it's based solely on this season, I just couldn't do it.
    Truth^

vCash
    Anthony Davis is the most intriguing player in the league IMO. Who do you guys think would be the best compliment to him at C?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    I wanted to put Duncan on my list, one of my favourite players of all time. But when it's based solely on this season, I just couldn't do it.
    the top 3 for me are definitely Love/Davis/Griffin (in no particular order),

after that i could throw darts at the wall to pick from Nowitzki/Duncan/Ibaka/Aldridge/Lee

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Love
    Davis
    Griffin
    Nowitzki
    Duncan

in no particular order

Yeah, it's pretty obvious you have a severe bias against LMA. It's proven with literally every post.

Duncan isn't even putting up better stats than LMA and he is playing 8 less minutes per game.

And your biggest knock against Aldridge is his supporting cast is insanely efficient applies to the Spurs as well. Parker, Ginobili, Belinelli, Splitter, Diaw and Mills all shoot as high or higher than the Blazers starting lineup.

You've shown your true colors. You're a LMA hater. Hate on man, but I'll be sure to let everyone know when you want to deny your hate.

Only thing worse than a hater is a hater in denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious you have a severe bias against LMA. It's proven with literally every post.

Duncan isn't even putting up better stats than LMA and he is playing 8 less minutes per game.

And your biggest knock against Aldridge is his supporting cast is insanely efficient applies to the Spurs as well. Parker, Ginobili, Belinelli, Splitter, Diaw and Mills all shoot as high or higher than the Blazers starting lineup.

You've shown your true colors. You're a LMA hater. Hate on man, but I'll be sure to let everyone know when you want to deny your hate.

I don't see how he's a hater.

the top 3 for me are definitely Love/Davis/Griffin (in no particular order),

after that i could throw darts at the wall to pick from Nowitzki/Duncan/Ibaka/Aldridge/Lee
    He quite literally just said Aldridge could be considered the 4th or 5th best just as easily as Duncan, Nowitzki and Ibaka.
    Truth^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

LOL @ you suggesting him being in my top 8 is being a hater

hater is such a lame term. i dislike chuckers. i don't value raw stats as much as others.

Duncan, despite the fewer mins is still a sublimely intelligent player. I can't pin-point exactly how that manifests itself on the court, but i have no doubt that it does. The opposite of intelligent play is treating the ball like it's on fire and tossing it up at the rim every chance you get regardless of whether it's the best available option. that is what Aldridge is doing this year.

i didn't mind it so much when it was only 16 FGA a game but 20.4, jesus christ.

vCash
    Aldridge
    Griffin
    Love
    Davis
    Dirk

vCash
    This season?

1. Anthony Davis
    2. Kevin Love
    3. Blake Griffin
    4. Dirk Nowitzki
    5. LaMarcus Aldridge

Ibaka
    Duncan
    Millsap
    Lee

...round out a pretty obvious top 9. The ordering of those last 4 is tough, tho.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    I don't see how he's a hater.

He quite literally just said Aldridge could be considered the 4th or 5th best just as easily as Duncan, Nowitzki and Ibaka.
    Anyone who thinks LMA has been on par with Serge Ibaka or David Lee this year is absolutely underrating him.

But let's look at his post history.

Comes in to say LMA is not only not a 2nd tier MVP candidate (we all know MVP is a 2 man race), he's not even an integral part of the Blazers success.

Someone posts an article about LMA and the first thing he does is go in to comment on it that it's unimpressive, not necessary, and irrelevant.

Now on the who has been the Top 5 PFs thus far he leaves LMA off the top 5. Sure he later clarifies 5-8 are basically interchangeable but if that were true, why did he bother to place one above the other?

He clearly doesn't like Aldridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast