Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,690
    vCash
    1500

    Guys you think will rise/fall as we get closer to the draft?

    With the combine approaching, we're finally entering the part of the year where draft board shakeups can be drastic. So, as the title says, name some guys who you think will rise or fall compared to where they are now. For me, in no particular order:

    Risers
    Jarvis Landry
    Cyrus Kouandjio
    Allen Robinson
    Marcus Smith
    Donte Moncrief
    Zach Mettenberger
    Jeremy Hill

    Fallers
    Derek Carr
    Mike Evans (see: Allen, Keenan)
    Carlos Hyde
    Tre Mason
    Jimmy Garoppolo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,636
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    With the combine approaching, we're finally entering the part of the year where draft board shakeups can be drastic. So, as the title says, name some guys who you think will rise or fall compared to where they are now. For me, in no particular order:

    Risers
    Jarvis Landry
    Cyrus Kouandjio
    Allen Robinson
    Marcus Smith
    Donte Moncrief
    Zach Mettenberger
    Jeremy Hill

    Fallers
    Derek Carr
    Mike Evans (see: Allen, Keenan)
    Carlos Hyde
    Tre Mason
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    kuandijo is gonna fall. hes the fourth T in the draft. he definitely wont rise will stay in the 20-40 range

    i think mettenberger will rise and same with robinson

    also think jordan matthews too

    also look for lamarcus joyner to sneak into the first round possibly

    fallers, gotta agree with all of them. never really liked any of
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Gabbert is actually 24 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Yeah, in human years. In Gabbert years he's still 22.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    10,473
    vCash
    3425
    Always risers:
    OT
    Pass Rushers
    QBs

    Always Fallers:
    WR
    CB
    S
    Interior OLine.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

    Click here to see how awesome.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    1500
    TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame should be getting 1st round discussion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,018
    vCash
    1500
    Odell Beckham Jr. i think will improve his stock


    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,730
    vCash
    1500
    One scout quoted in article at Bengals.com says there isn't a first round QB in this draft. He has Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, and Bortles all rated about where Andy Dalton was in 2011. Thirty fifth pick of the draft.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    One scout quoted in article at Bengals.com says there isn't a first round QB in this draft. He has Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, and Bortles all rated about where Andy Dalton was in 2011. Thirty fifth pick of the draft.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    34,484
    vCash
    1500
    Anthony Johnson is gonna rise big time.

    I got Anthony Barr is gonna be this years Shariff Floyd. Just a gut feeling.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,730
    vCash
    1500
    As long as you're aware that any "drastic shakeups" of draft boards only happen with the fantasy website guys. The only thing that moves players on the pro boards is if they find out about a previously undiagnosed medical condition or find out a guy killed someone in the past. Stuff that we wouldn't be privy to in any case.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,730
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSized View Post
    It's a newsworthy item. If you're looking for "risers and fallers" that might be a good clue. I don't think the quarterbacks were ever ranked as highly as the draftnik sites have them among the pro scouts, but the pro boards don't change much, they're built on five years of study or so.
    Last edited by Alpha Dog; 02-16-2014 at 10:24 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    It's a newsworthy item. If you're looking for "risers and fallers" that might be a good clue. I don't think the quarterbacks were ever ranked as highly as the draftnik sites have them among the pro scouts, but the pro boards don't change much, they're built on five years of study or so.
    Do you really think we'll look back one day and say "None of those QBs were wortha first, Alpha was right." No

    One of them will be. Guys at other positions bust too. It's like you only think Qbs bust bc they get overdrafted, use they get overdrafted, but guys who don't ALSO DON'T WORK OUT.


    I'm doing the horse thing because your shtick for months has been about how QBs shouldn't go R1 anymore. It started last year. You act like you have to be already a HOFer to go in R1.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,730
    vCash
    1500
    Well, it's just one guy's opinion. Highly unlikely to be consensus across the board. Sure there will turn out to be a quarterback worthy of a first round pick, but no one knows who he is (or they are) for sure, and it may well be that the best one isn't taken in the first round. Also, I never said that a quarterback shouldn't be taken in the first round, only that they get artificially pushed up the draft boards to the top of the first round.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    15,692
    vCash
    1500
    Attaochu will most likely rise.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,730
    vCash
    1500
    ESPN has no QB ranked in top 10 overall, fwtw.

    http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981972809

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    ESPN has no QB ranked in top 10 overall, fwtw.

    http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981972809
    Good thing NFL teams all sue that.


    You do know a QB will go top 10 right? Probably 2.

    I bet one QB in the top 10 ends up being a true franchise Qb as well.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •