Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Offseason Schedule for your Calendar

Feb. 17: First day for clubs to designate franchise or transition Players.
    Feb. 19-25: Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
    March 8-11: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents upon the expiration of their 2013 player contracts at 4 p.m. ET on March 11. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. ET on March 11.
    March 11:*New league year, free agency begins
    March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must exercise options for 2014 on all players who have option clauses in their 2013 contracts.*
    March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their restricted free agents with expiring contracts.
    March 11:*Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2013 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued Seasons of free agency credit.
    March 11: All clubs must be under the 2014 salary cap before 4 p.m. ET.
    March 23-26:*Owners meeting, Orlando, Fla.
    April 7: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2013 regular season may begin off-season workout programs.
    April 21: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin off-season workout programs.
    May 2: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.
    May 7: Deadline for prior club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.
    May 8-10: NFL draft, New York, Radio City Music Hall. First round begins at 8 p.m. ET.
    May 19-21: Spring meeting, Atlanta
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Feb. 17: First day for clubs to designate franchise or transition Players.
    Feb. 19-25: Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
    March 8-11: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents upon the expiration of their 2013 player contracts at 4 p.m. ET on March 11. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. ET on March 11.
    March 11:*New league year, free agency begins
    March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must exercise options for 2014 on all players who have option clauses in their 2013 contracts.*
    March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their restricted free agents with expiring contracts.
    March 11:*Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2013 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued Seasons of free agency credit.
    March 11: All clubs must be under the 2014 salary cap before 4 p.m. ET.
    March 23-26:*Owners meeting, Orlando, Fla.
    April 7: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2013 regular season may begin off-season workout programs.
    April 21: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin off-season workout programs.
    May 2: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.
    May 7: Deadline for prior club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.
    May 8-10: NFL draft, New York, Radio City Music Hall. First round begins at 8 p.m. ET.
    May 19-21: Spring meeting, Atlanta
    I've always wondered, what happens if a team isn't under the cap?
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Dont quote me on this but I think theres a penalty similar to the Redskins situation.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    I've always wondered, what happens if a team isn't under the cap?
    severe penalties that we don't want. From an old article:

What happens if a team doesn't comply with the salary cap?

No team has ever gone blatantly over the salary cap, so this is a bit of an unknown. However, teams have been fined in the past for attempts to circumvent the cap. ESPN.com contributor and former Miami Dolphins GM Rick Spielman says NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue has wide latitude in fining teams -- and even individual team executives -- or stripping draft picks for failure to comply with the salary cap.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    severe penalties that we don't want. From an old article:
    interesting. thanks
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Im fairly certain you dont play if that happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    That's what she said!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I don't even know how that would be possible, honestly. That would completely blow up the entire league schedule.

vCash
    I don't even know how that would be possible, honestly. That would completely blow up the entire league schedule.
    Yes, but I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be hilarious to see (not happening to us of course). I don't think I've ever seen it happen but I remember reading something to this effect

vCash
    it must be harsh enough to stop people from doing it

vCash
    because if it was just a fine, If Im Paul Allen I'm not caring much about the fine.

vCash
    because if it was just a fine, If Im Paul Allen I'm not caring much about the fine.
    Oh there would be a fine, but what hurts is when they start taking away draft picks. THAT'S what stops you from doing it

vCash
    Oh there would be a fine, but what hurts is when they start taking away draft picks. THAT'S what stops you from doing it
    which you wont need if you had Rogers, Calvin Johnson, etc numerous other top of the line players.

vCash
    So, whats to stop an owner from going all in and not caring?

vCash
    A payroll over $200M, no draft picks and teams full of superstars rarely win.

Factor in that such behavior would spike player prices, and no owner wants that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast