Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If James Harden had stayed in OKC...

what do you guys think could have been?

vCash
    The sum of the parts would be less than the whole IMO.

They would have 3 players that would basically like to perform the same role.

vCash
    Enough with this. Same question every 3 months

vCash
    of course i'm wondering where the Thunder would be, and if they'd be the reigning champion...
    but also what they would do with their assets approaching this year's trade deadline (no Lamb, no Steven Adams, no trade exception..)
    AND where Dwight would have gone without Harden on the Rockets

just imagine how different the landscape of the NBA would be if Presti had paid Harden what he wanted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoo View Post
    The sum of the parts would be less than the whole IMO.

They would have 3 players that would basically like to perform the same role.
    x3. Three players on the same team who perform best when the ball is in their hands would be counter productive. Its why teams that are built don't require as much talent as teams that are slapped together.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Dwight to GS, Harden would not be considered a Superstar and either Westy or Harden would have been traded this off season.

vCash
    I have a question...Harden, right now, gets a lot of the "superstar" calls that all "superstars" get, correct?

Did he get those same "superstar" calls in OKC? If not, would he have eventually gotten those had he stayed in OKC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    I have a question...Harden, right now, gets a lot of the "superstar" calls that all "superstars" get, correct?

Did he get those same "superstar" calls in OKC? If not, would he have eventually gotten those had he stayed in OKC?
    Harden's free throw rate was higher his last year in OKC than it is this year.

So yes. He would.

He gets "superstar calls" because he's phenomenal at creating, drawing and embellishing contact and because he has the ball in his hands and attacks so frequently. He's perhaps the single best in the league outside of KD.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    When they had the team of Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Green and Ibaka they should have traded Westbrook and Green to New Orleans for CP3 and Ibaka and Harden for Dwight Howard. CP3, Durant and Dwight would have beat the Heat and anyone else that got in their way for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    When they had the team of Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Green and Ibaka they should have traded Westbrook and Green to New Orleans for CP3 and Ibaka and Harden for Dwight Howard. CP3, Durant and Dwight would have beat the Heat and anyone else that got in their way for a long time.
    That's fantasy, but it would have been a great team.

That would be three different very good players. With 3 different roles. And only Howard has an ego.

But I bet Howard's ego would have been a huge problem. Durant would be the #1 option. Paul would have a blast driving and passing, but Howard would complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    Sounds more like a video game than something that ever happens in reality.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    money wasn't the issue in OKC, he wanted his own team and a chance to lead the league in scoring and win MVP. though he isn't KD, he would never be the starting allstar he is today coming off the bench for OKC and starting him next to westbrook and kd would have stunted him. it is best for the nba that he and Dwight are in houston and okc has westbrook and kd, two fun teams to watch instead of one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    money wasn't the issue in OKC, he wanted his own team and a chance to lead the league in scoring and win MVP. though he isn't KD, he would never be the starting allstar he is today coming off the bench for OKC and starting him next to westbrook and kd would have stunted him. it is best for the nba that he and Dwight are in houston and okc has westbrook and kd, two fun teams to watch instead of one.
    Wait, you really think OKC traded him as a favor to him? Come on. That's preposterous.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Wait, you really think OKC traded him as a favor to him? Come on. That's preposterous.
    Good point. They would never do that.

vCash
    They'd be a dynasty. Instead, they're just Miami's little brother.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast