Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

George Karl is pathetic

This old man is making a new career out of using any chance ESPN gives him to bash Melo. It's reached the point of absurdity.

George Karl is a pathetic old man that comes across as a bitter, butt hurt, loser.

We already know ESPN is pathetic and has become the MTV of sports and pathetic George Karl has teamed up with them.

vCash
    I assume this is what you are talking about???

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...mount-rushmore

It is his opinion, and quite frankly.. many people believe it.. I don't disagree with most of it... especially when he was with the Nuggets

I think it all comes down to what is first on the list of their priorities. The great players -- it’s all about winning and it’s all about team and it’s about championship and it’s about sacrificing and disciplining yourself to where you try to get better and improve on a daily basis,” Karl said.

“There’s an energy to a great player, there’s a leadership that you feel all around them. And then there are individual players that are very talented players ... That list hasn’t only got Melo on it, but it’s got a lot of players on it,” Karl said.

“Then as a coach, as an organization ... you try to mold them into a team player that wants to win a championship. But the great player, so much of the greatness in my mind is in his heart and his head. It’s not in his body, in his skill set. It comes from having great talent but wanting to mold that and fit it together into being special. And being special means winning championships.”

Some of these things.. Melo is just coming around to... has not always had these traits.. like it appears Lebron, Michael etc have had from the start IMO

vCash
    Not saying he's wrong but let it go. It's like he wanted to say those things for the longest

vCash
    I get what he's saying, Melo has improved and gained more respect from me... BUT

he does kinda have that Marbury-esque body language where he gets down on his teammates. Marbury for all the talent he had just looked like a HORRIBLE teammate/leader on the court. I do see some of that in Melo at times.

vCash
    George Karl, damn good basketball coach. How dare he say anything that would upset one of our posters? And I'm just curious, is it bad to get older? Then we're all pretty much screwed.

vCash
    OP is right. George Karl is a fkn clown and I'm no Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    I assume this is what you are talking about???

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...mount-rushmore

It is his opinion, and quite frankly.. many people believe it.. I don't disagree with most of it... especially when he was with the Nuggets

I think it all comes down to what is first on the list of their priorities. The great players -- it’s all about winning and it’s all about team and it’s about championship and it’s about sacrificing and disciplining yourself to where you try to get better and improve on a daily basis,” Karl said.

“There’s an energy to a great player, there’s a leadership that you feel all around them. And then there are individual players that are very talented players ... That list hasn’t only got Melo on it, but it’s got a lot of players on it,” Karl said.

“Then as a coach, as an organization ... you try to mold them into a team player that wants to win a championship. But the great player, so much of the greatness in my mind is in his heart and his head. It’s not in his body, in his skill set. It comes from having great talent but wanting to mold that and fit it together into being special. And being special means winning championships.”

Some of these things.. Melo is just coming around to... has not always had these traits.. like it appears Lebron, Michael etc have had from the start IMO
    Jordan didn't have it from the start. Neither did LeBron

The End is Coming.

vCash
    Karl is all over the place with his comments on Melo. He also said if he was a gambling man, he'd bet his entire life savings that Melo eventually brings a team a title before its all said and done. He definitely can't make up his mind if they were "the good times" or the "bad times" coaching Melo but he comes off as nothing more than a disgruntled ex at this point.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    What is Karl supposed to say? He was asked directly about it

"So Karl was asked on SportsCenter about the difference between a player like Anthony, who hasn’t been mentioned as a “Mount Rushmore” candidate, and the all-time greats in the NBA. "

He knows Melo is a great player..... but he butted heads a lot with Melo ..much of it IMO was about being a team player.. Karl also witnessed Melo forcing a trade because he wanted the Money(debatable in my opinion for reasons) which he apparently sees as being about money not winning(which many people believe)

Why would'nt the guy have mixed feelings on Melo? Until recently he has done or said nothing about taking less to win.. I would venture to say there are many many people that think less of Melo than Karl does. People need to stop getting offended because he is a Knick.

Karl gets paid to analyze NBA situations... he has a very good idea of how Melo thinks and works... is he supposed to lie about his feelings when asked ???

vCash
    the best part of GK bashing melo about not winning chips is that he is one of the worst, perhaps the worst postseason coach in the history of the game. his road record in the playoffs is a joke and it took 20+ years of playoff failure for him to finally get fired.

if you had one single defensive play to win a playoff game and you know the ball is going to steph curry and you have andre iguadala on your team, would you put Andre Miller on Curry for a single defensive possesion? would you even have miller out their at all? GK did put him on Curry just a month after putting Miller on Nate Robinson in the same situation and losing the game because of it. GK is a joke, never took the blame as a coach, always was outcoached no matter who he was playing against in the playoffs and generally is kind of a lunatic in his comments. almost all denver fans are thrilled he's gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    What is Karl supposed to say? He was asked directly about it

"So Karl was asked on SportsCenter about the difference between a player like Anthony, who hasn’t been mentioned as a “Mount Rushmore” candidate, and the all-time greats in the NBA. "

He knows Melo is a great player..... but he butted heads a lot with Melo ..much of it IMO was about being a team player.. Karl also witnessed Melo forcing a trade because he wanted the Money(debatable in my opinion for reasons) which he apparently sees as being about money not winning(which many people believe)

Why would'nt the guy have mixed feelings on Melo? Until recently he has done or said nothing about taking less to win.. I would venture to say there are many many people that think less of Melo than Karl does. People need to stop getting offended because he is a Knick.

Karl gets paid to analyze NBA situations... he has a very good idea of how Melo thinks and works... is he supposed to lie about his feelings when asked ???
    I would think he could tell ESPN, "I'd rather not comment on Melo" and they could easily get Tim Legler or Avery Johnson in there. He jumps at Melo every single chance he gets, solicited and unsolicited. Notice Melo has never once said one thing in rebuttal and always takes the high road when they bring up GK's comments to him, it takes a guy like KMart coming out in Melo's defense and blasting GK. The same way JVG didn't want to comment/analyze/commentate on Knicks games during Woodson's hot seat stretches, GK could avoid talking Melo but he obviously seeks it out.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I would think he could tell ESPN, "I'd rather not comment on Melo" and they could easily get Tim Legler or Avery Johnson in there. He jumps at Melo every single chance he gets, solicited and unsolicited. Notice Melo has never once said one thing in rebuttal and always takes the high road when they bring up GK's comments to him, it takes a guy like KMart coming out in Melo's defense and blasting GK. The same way JVG didn't want to comment/analyze/commentate on Knicks games during Woodson's hot seat stretches, GK could avoid talking Melo but he obviously seeks it out.
    JVG was not commenting because it was him rumored to be replacing Woodson... Karl was commenting on something from his past(which he had insight on) .. and he is now getting paid to do just that... analyze the NBA and that was what he was asked about... different situations totally.

vCash
    Melo nut huggers...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Nonsense. He's an NBA analyst. Why shouldn't he answer the question?

Maybe it's because he's right? Fans get butthurt over inconvenient truths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Melo nut huggers...
    And the Melo haters like your self are no better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast