Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Clyde "Stop switching on the Defense"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...sive-intensity

"Stop switching on the defense. Every man carries his own weight. Donít look for help. Keep guys in front of you," Frazier said. "... We see so many times, when the first team is out there and the second team starts to come out, [opponents] are walking to the basket and guys are looking at each other like, "What happened? You were supposed to do this, you were supposed to do that.' Obviously they are discombobulated sometimes on when to switch and when not to switch. They still haven't gotten that aspect of the game down on defense. We see it every night. Where they're very lackadaisical on the 'D' -- too many guys going to the basket uncontested."

vCash

I agree

vCash
    Yeah! Tell me, Clyde.

vCash

Simplify the defense! The switching is ******** and it breeds no accountability.

vCash
    Nothing wrong with switching when necessary but we over switch.

On another note if u ever listen to telecasts breen used to always ask Clyde, especially when we had Marbury and Francis, if players ever come to him and talk about the game or ask for advice, and his answer always is "no".

One of my biggest problems with the organization is that, except for promo events, we don't embrace our history and never have really. May be it's the region we live in, cause we all seem like know it alls, and like doing things our way like old blue eyes. The lakers and celtics embrace they past, and I always heard about Kareem working with dudes on they game, magic is always around there in guys ears, when the celtics had they show on nba tv Celtic legends were at the practice and it wasn't like it was they first time there it seemed like a frequent thing that the legends and the current players hung out.

vCash
    yea it amazes me that we can't stop a pick and roll.. read somewhere we are worst in league at defending it.

How hard should it be if a C is going out for a P&R with PG to quickly cutoff the PG as a Def C and as soon as the other center starts to roll... roll back with him? All our damn PG has to do is quickly fight through screen and get back to his man. It is not rocket science Only switch when PG is totally beat or on the ground..which should never happen with proper communication.

But no... we have to switch our C to their PG and our PG to their C every time... there is nothing good that can ever come out of that!! how can a Supposed Defensive coach not figure that out????

...But yet... we don't need a coaching change

As was said ... simplify Defense.... Felton will still suck... but at least that way... maybe...just maybe....Woodson will be forced to change the PG... because that seems to be the only way he ever changes anything(when the move is made blatantly obvious to him)
    Last edited by bofakop; 02-16-2014 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    You think Woodson tells them to switch the PG and C or something? He has said a million times that is exactly what they DON'T want. Schemes from the sidelines aren't getting a PG to fight over a screen, thats up to the PG to put his big boy pants on and do himself if he doesn't want to have to call for a switch.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    You think Woodson tells them to switch the PG and C or something? He has said a million times that is exactly what they DON'T want. Schemes from the sidelines aren't getting a PG to fight over a screen, thats up to the PG to put his big boy pants on and do himself if he doesn't want to have to call for a switch.
    They have done it all year... do you think a real coach would not make changes or bench guys that won't listen to him?? He has not even attempted to make lineup changes(unless there is an injury). A good coach is not going to allow the same players to disobey him time and time again without repercussions. So which 1 is it D... IS he that bad of a coach that lets the inmates run the asylum or is he the 1 pushing the switches? Either way he needs to go!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    They have done it all year... do you think a real coach would not make changes or bench guys that won't listen to him?? He has not even attempted to make lineup changes(unless there is an injury). A good coach is not going to allow the same players to disobey him time and time again without repercussions. So which 1 is it D... IS he that bad of a coach that lets the inmates run the asylum or is he the 1 pushing the switches? Either way he needs to go!!
    I don't really think you understanding what a coach is limited to from the sidelines. You think its as easy as "Telling them to get over the screen"? Its not always on the PG either if you can't get over a screen, you need communication, you need guys to tell you the screen is coming before its there so you can get around it, its not quite as simple as your making it out to be. Not getting over a screen isn't "disobeying" the coach, I mean really?

And Felton isn't the only PG who doesn't get over the screen - Pablo is just as bad, Shump is just as bad. "They have done it all year" because they have sucked all year on defense, no matter who is out there at PG. When your PGs are Felton, Pablo, Beno and two SGs who play PGs on TV, what do you really expect?

I have seen us make way too many lineup changes, actually. I have also seen us guard the pick and roll in a myriad of ways but nobody even pays attention until you get the blatant switch and than they complain like it was switched all night long. I've seen us hedge the screen, I've seen us trap the screen, I've seen us ice the screen, I've seen us switch the screen, I've seen us blitz the screen. There was a game everyone was complaining about the switches, after the game Woodson pointed out we switched a certain matchup 8 times and the other team scored on 2 of them. Just cause the few switches that lead to blatant mismatches each game is the easiest for you to notice doesn't mean its the only thing thats happening.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't really think you understanding what a coach is limited to from the sidelines. You think its as easy as "Telling them to get over the screen"? Its not always on the PG either if you can't get over a screen, you need communication, you need guys to tell you the screen is coming before its there so you can get around it, its not quite as simple as your making it out to be. Not getting over a screen isn't "disobeying" the coach, I mean really?

And Felton isn't the only PG who doesn't get over the screen - Pablo is just as bad, Shump is just as bad. "They have done it all year" because they have sucked all year on defense, no matter who is out there at PG. When your PGs are Felton, Pablo, Beno and two SGs who play PGs on TV, what do you really expect?

I have seen us make way too many lineup changes, actually. I have also seen us guard the pick and roll in a myriad of ways but nobody even pays attention until you get the blatant switch and than they complain like it was switched all night long. I've seen us hedge the screen, I've seen us trap the screen, I've seen us ice the screen, I've seen us switch the screen, I've seen us blitz the screen. There was a game everyone was complaining about the switches, after the game Woodson pointed out we switched a certain matchup 8 times and the other team scored on 2 of them. Just cause the few switches that lead to blatant mismatches each game is the easiest for you to notice doesn't mean its the only thing thats happening.
    Do you even read what you comment on??? My comment:

"How hard should it be if a C is going out for a P&R with PG to quickly cutoff the PG as a Def C and as soon as the other center starts to roll... roll back with him? All our damn PG has to do is quickly fight through screen and get back to his man. It is not rocket science Only switch when PG is totally beat or on the ground..which should never happen with proper communication. "

. PLEASE stop the nonsense if they don't listen and continue to switch... take them out and find someone that will listen ... if you think any coach will be successful allowing Felton to continue to start while doing this constantly.. enjoy your constant and forever losing because we will go nowhere with Felton and Woodson leading this team ... sorry you can't see that!!

You are so high on Woodson I swear you are related Please tell me why you like this guy... explain to me SOMETHING positive he does during games????? I have come to terms that he is not going anywhere this season for some ungodly reason.... but come on please what positives does he give this team during a game?

I have given you multiple reasons why I think he is a horrible In game coach I won't bother posting them unless you need a refresher, so I am giving you your chance to change my mind. Please give me some positive examples of why he should still be here coaching IN games.

And I have been Coaching sports for 30 years so I am pretty sure I at least have an idea what a coach can and can't do on the sidelines it does not have to be in the pros to understand that
    Last edited by bofakop; 02-16-2014 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdesign13 View Post
    Yeah! Tell me, Clyde.
    Ditch the switch lol

vCash
    Do you even read what you comment on??? My comment:

"How hard should it be if a C is going out for a P&R with PG to quickly cutoff the PG as a Def C and as soon as the other center starts to roll... roll back with him? All our damn PG has to do is quickly fight through screen and get back to his man. It is not rocket science Only switch when PG is totally beat or on the ground..which should never happen with proper communication. "

. PLEASE stop the nonsense if they don't listen and continue to switch... take them out and find someone that will listen ... if you think any coach will be successful allowing Felton to continue to start while doing this constantly.. enjoy your constant and forever losing because we will go nowhere with Felton and Woodson leading this team ... sorry you can't see that!!

You are so high on Woodson I swear you are related Please tell me why you like this guy... explain to me SOMETHING positive he does during games????? I have come to terms that he is not going anywhere this season for some ungodly reason.... but come on please what positives does he give this team during a game?

I have given you multiple reasons why I think he is a horrible In game coach I won't bother posting them unless you need a refresher, so I am giving you your chance to change my mind. Please give me some positive examples of why he should still be here coaching IN games.

And I have been Coaching sports for 30 years so I am pretty sure I at least have an idea what a coach can and can't do on the sidelines it does not have to be in the pros to understand that
    You're still not getting it: They don't have anyone who can fight over the screens at PG. Who's Woodson going to bench Felton for? All of our PGs get lost on screens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You're still not getting it: They don't have anyone who can fight over the screens at PG. Who's Woodson going to bench Felton for? All of our PGs get lost on screens.
    so just let the guy refuse to do it and not bench him. that is the point... every time Felton has been healthy he is on the floor for 36+ mpg.... show him you won't deal with him freely switching..prigs or Beano at least try and fight over it... We are losing because of Felton why play him.. If a coach Commands NO RESPECT... this team is what you get... A bunch of Lazy non caring players....THAT IS THE POINT!!

SO WHO IS NOT GETTING IT?

vCash
    so just let the guy refuse to do it and not bench him. that is the point... every time Felton has been healthy he is on the floor for 36+ mpg.... show him you won't deal with him freely switching..prigs or Beano at least try and fight over it... We are losing because of Felton why play him.. If a coach Commands NO RESPECT... this team is what you get... A bunch of Lazy non caring players....THAT IS THE POINT!!

SO WHO IS NOT GETTING IT?
    You, apparently. Woodson has no other options. His guys don't fight over screens. Felton actually has been trying to lately, and he gets burned every time because he's not strong or quick enough.

I don't know, maybe trying to speak rationally to kids is a mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You, apparently. Woodson has no other options. His guys don't fight over screens. Felton actually has been trying to lately, and he gets burned every time because he's not strong or quick enough.

I don't know, maybe trying to speak rationally to kids is a mistake.
    You are like a 2 year old,,, you already know I am older than almost all posters in here so just stop it .
    How would we or you know what others can do.... Felton plays all the time and as I said Woodson is not willing to take his chosen few out, so until he and Felton are gone we will never know what anyone else on this team can do.

I will leave you the same challenge... what in Game coaching abilities has Woodson shown to be keeping his job? Don't worry I will wait til you can get out of your Rocker to reply since apparently you are much older and full of wisdom(or something else which you apparently enjoy eating) compared to the rest of us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast