Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

A couple of questions about 2014

Intentional Talk ( http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/1739651...he-2014-giants ) did a quick segment on the Giants and there were 2 questions that I actually liked:

1. What's more likely to happen in 2014: Brandon Belt breakout season OR Matt Cain bounceback season?

2. What's higher at the end of the season: Pablo Sandoval's weight OR Brandon Crawford's Batting Average?

What are your answers to these 2 questions?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    1. Matt Cain will have a bounce back season, Belt has already "broken out" IMO

2. Sandoval's weight will be higher, he's ended each season around 270...I find it hard to believe Crawford will hit over .270

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER:7

Nor Cal, So Cal, Las Vegas, Idaho, So Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post

2. Sandoval's weight will be higher, he's ended each season around 270...I find it hard to believe Crawford will hit over .270
    Ozie didn't clear .270 until he was 30. Sometimes it happens later. I say Agree Belt already had breakout, so Cain will bounce back.

Crawford will exceed Pablo weight by 20 or more points

vCash

While I agree that Belt pretty much broke out this year, perhaps a better (tougher) option would be Belt establishes himself as a top 8 1b.

So is it more likely Belt establishes himself as a top 8 1b or Cain bounces back?

Answer is probably still Cain.

FWIW, Millar's definition of 'breakout' is 20 home runs, 80 rbis.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    While I agree that Belt pretty much broke out this year, perhaps a better (tougher) option would be Belt establishes himself as a top 8 1b.
    Maybe he already has....
    I Will Eat Your Children.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    He needs to replicate that.

<3

vCash
    I think he'll improve on it.

vCash
    1. I think Cain is more likely to bounce back but Belt will be as good, if not better than last year.

2. I think Crawford will have a pretty nice average this year so I'll go with him.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Intentional Talk ( http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/1739651...he-2014-giants ) did a quick segment on the Giants and there were 2 questions that I actually liked:

1. What's more likely to happen in 2014: Brandon Belt breakout season OR Matt Cain bounceback season?

2. What's higher at the end of the season: Pablo Sandoval's weight OR Brandon Crawford's Batting Average?

What are your answers to these 2 questions?
    1. Cain w/ a breakout season.
    2. B-Craw, Panda will finish the season in the best shape of his life.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash

A couple of questions about 2014

How many games do you see Belt playing OF? Assuming Morse stays relatively healthy.

vCash
    I'm on record here (last year) as saying last season would be Belt's break-out year. He did get off to a slowish start, and I was hoping for a Goldschmidt type season from him, but all in all I can't say I was disappointed. I fully expect him to improve this season.

Crawford had good numbers for most of last year then faded towards the end. Maybe the grind of the long season? But I fully expect him to improve as well.

As for Panda… he's been more or less erratic at times. But I do fully expect him to be extended and most likely overpaid by the end of the season.
    "If he could cook, I'd marry him." - Leo Durocher on Willie Mays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    How many games do you see Belt playing OF? Assuming Morse stays relatively healthy.
    I wouldn't expect too many.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER:7

vCash
    I wouldn't expect too many.
    Bochy could do a mega-swap, pull Morse, move Belt to LF, Posey to 1B, and Hector can pinch hit for somebody and catch.

It'd be awful, but it's so damn Bochy.

vCash

My thoughts exactly.

As for Belt playing in the OF, I don't see it happening. He didn't last year and no sense in doing so this season.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

vCash
    Our pitching as a whole had an off year last season. All of them should be able to bounce back and take us back to the promise lands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast