Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Sign DeMarcus Ware?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pipe-dr...0214--nfl.html

I don't know think he is getting up there in age and the money may not be worth what he can do. May be to old for what we are trying to do with this team but is a interesting idea for the right price. Any thought?

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Just read the article then trotted my way over to PSD figuring a thread would be up.

For the right price? Absolutely. Get two years out of him, leadership, and a mentor. What's not to like about it.

The only thing is it would be tough to sign a young up and coming pass rusher after grabbing him. Then I would think the Raiders would focus on Barr/ Mack or Murphy. Hopefully 2 of the 3 in the first two rounds.

vCash
    Honestly and truthfully, if we're chasing an old veteran to mentor our younger guys, my vote would go to Jared Allen. I think he brings more to the table and I enjoy Allen's style of play.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Best case scenario would be signing will smith for 3-4 million a year maybe a 2 year 8 million dollar deal. Resign Houston for 7 million a year move him to DT.

1st round- clowney or mack
    2nd round- Stephen tuitt
    3rd round- demarcus Lawrence

DL rotation would look like

DE: Clowney or Mack/Robinson
    DT: Houston/sims
    DT: Tuitt/McGee
    DE: smith/Lawrence

Our dline becomes a strength right there.
    In FA get a corner/lb/S on defense. On offense get a guard and one of the cheaper WR options like James jones. Sign a vet like schuab.

It would be heaven if then we can get fales in the 4th, worst case Murray in the 5th.

I would be ecstatic with that outcome.

The future core of the DLine (clowney or Mack/Houston/tuitt/lawerence)can stay together for 8+ years.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    ^I would love to have Will Smith for the right price, dudes solid!
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In Their Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Oh yea I'd take DeMarcus Ware for the right price as well.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In Their Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjunior559 View Post
    ^I would love to have Will Smith for the right price, dudes solid!

He wants to much to return in Independence Day 2, I'll pass.......

Oh, you mean the Saint, yeah, he or Ware would be good for the younger player's developments.

vCash
    Ware is abaolutely better than jared allen. Id take either tho lol

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    IF Ware is released, I'm afraid the $$$ and age won't agree with each other, imo...

vCash
    We need 2 FA DE's,....I would take Ware on a 2-3 year deal that really is no more then a 2 year deal. And Jared Allen on the same type deal. Maybe a 2 year deal that's really a 1 year deal. I would also draft one that could be groomed for the following years. Yet we can be competitive now with the veterans. I would do this with every position as we have plenty of cap space. This way we can rebuild this team through the draft and yet have a nice mix of vet presence. And with the older Vets on mostly 2 year deals we aren't burying ourselves and we can replace them with talent through the draft. A vet will cost us more but not for long.

vCash
    Sign ware for 2 or 3 years,draft mack at one,bring back roach and maybe a solid inside linebacker or let burris and moore battle it out,switch to 34.Draft 34 olbs for depth.Bring in a solid nose guard.

vCash
    Why not? This could be the first of many interesting FA pick ups. It's going to be a fun FA season!
    If we're going to put some heat on Manning, Smith, and Rivers, why not start on the dline?

vCash
    D ware is too talented for reggie. Too big a name. Unfortunately

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    If they want to make a difference they'll need at least one impact player on the line. Who else could he want?
    Unless he's saving for Clowney.

vCash
    I agree with those who say that his age and cost may be a bit too high for the Raiders, but if RM could get him, I'd be all for it. Having a legitimate pass rusher and/or being able to pressure the QB without having to blitz all the time will certainly help the back end of the D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast