Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,454
    vCash
    1500

    knicks not making trades at deadline

    NBA Trade Rumors: New York Knicks unlikely to make any trades
    3 1 PLUS FANCRED 1
    BY JOSH HILL - FEB 15TH, 2014 AT 4:39 PM

    PREVIOUS
    NEXT

    The New York Knicks have had a lot of questions surrounding the future of their franchise surface lately, from drama surrounding head coach Mike Woodson to the ever present mystery about Carmelo Anthony. With Anthony starting to become more vocal about wishing to stay in New York, the Knicks seem to be taking their foot off the gas pedal when it comes to making trades.

    While they’ve been mentioned in a slew of rumors from trading away Iman Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr, to acquiring Blake Griffin and Kenneth Faried, the buzz in New York is about to die down. According to Steve Kyler from Basketball Insiders, the Knicks feel good where they are and will likely stand pat at the deadline.


    This may bother some fans hoping the team would make a splash, but all efforts seem focused on keeping Carmelo Anthony happy, and blowing up the team could send the wrong message to a guy who seems very willing to sign long-term in the summer.
    http://fansided.com/2014/02/15/nba-t...trades/#!vWh6Q

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    691
    vCash
    1500

    knicks not making trades at deadline

    Rather stay pat then make a stupid panic trade

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    815
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_team_1_dream View Post
    NBA Trade Rumors: New York Knicks unlikely to make any trades
    3 1 PLUS FANCRED 1
    BY JOSH HILL - FEB 15TH, 2014 AT 4:39 PM

    PREVIOUS
    NEXT

    The New York Knicks have had a lot of questions surrounding the future of their franchise surface lately, from drama surrounding head coach Mike Woodson to the ever present mystery about Carmelo Anthony. With Anthony starting to become more vocal about wishing to stay in New York, the Knicks seem to be taking their foot off the gas pedal when it comes to making trades.

    While they’ve been mentioned in a slew of rumors from trading away Iman Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr, to acquiring Blake Griffin and Kenneth Faried, the buzz in New York is about to die down. According to Steve Kyler from Basketball Insiders, the Knicks feel good where they are and will likely stand pat at the deadline.


    This may bother some fans hoping the team would make a splash, but all efforts seem focused on keeping Carmelo Anthony happy, and blowing up the team could send the wrong message to a guy who seems very willing to sign long-term in the summer.

    http://fansided.com/2014/02/15/nba-t...trades/#!vWh6Q
    Nutshell of why Melo will probably be in Chicago or Miami next season.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    963
    vCash
    1500
    Oh I did not know Anthony was happy with this team. Yeah, maybe we will win around 32 games this season, I guess we can build around THjr next year.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 02-15-2014 at 08:04 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,454
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksYanks View Post
    Rather stay pat then make a stupid panic trade
    I Do not want panic moves either but what will change after the break? will the knicks make the playoffs? even if we do face the heat or ind in the 1st round and out? I want make trades to shed salary and get picks. get rid of jr smith and ray. For me we do not have to trade for a star but trade to shed salary and get picks. Trades that can help make the big trade on draft day for rando or love.

    knicks in a state of not making the playoffs, no cap space ,no picks and not a championship contender=fail

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    654
    vCash
    1500
    We need a solid basketball guy -- some like a...Donnie Walsh maybe.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    5,343
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^ this. 88 million dollar teams that are 20-32 and have no picks should be doing everything they can to rebuild this team. we have to figure out a way to get a stud PG next to Melo, i would take Melo/Rondo over the rest of the entire team right now and build from there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    5,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    We need a solid basketball guy -- some like a...Donnie Walsh maybe.
    you mean steve mills isn't a savy gm?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    218
    vCash
    1500
    No trades? Probably lying to not show their cards. Extremely hard to believe no trades will be made. Other than melo and thj, the roster needs to be revamped.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    5,035
    vCash
    1500
    I don't trust Mills, I don't even think he's making the decisions, too many heads in MSG has a say in what goes on, especially when it comes to the bigger moves/decisions.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,330
    vCash
    1500
    Yup perfect... should feel great about a 20-32 team at the break..Why would we expect anything different

    Damn it is really really hard to be a Knick fan!!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    815
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_team_1_dream View Post
    I Do not want panic moves either but what will change after the break? will the knicks make the playoffs? even if we do face the heat or ind in the 1st round and out? I want make trades to shed salary and get picks. get rid of jr smith and ray. For me we do not have to trade for a star but trade to shed salary and get picks. Trades that can help make the big trade on draft day for rando or love.

    knicks in a state of not making the playoffs, no cap space ,no picks and not a championship contender=fail
    I would be calling the Bobcats off the hook trying to dump JR, Felton and MWP on them for Ben Gordon's expiring contract and a future 1st round pick that's like top 5 protected (this year is likely going to Chicago). They want to make a deal, they want to get in this crappy postseason, they can take JR Smith who's hot lately and get that 8th seed for all I care.

    What sucks is JR's injury possibly mucking up a deal for him now, cause him being out any extended period absolutely kills his value this year. But yeah, they can take JR's talent in their desperate state, Felton as a backup for the next few years over Sessions and his expiring deal and of course the veteran toughness and championship experience of MWP to help their young players.

    That deal would also clear the way for Shump, Timmy and Murry to get more minutes and a larger ball handling role for more development. I would also try to dump Beno on SA or WAS or whoever for whatever I can get. Even if it's just a second round pick, who cares he's a FA and there's 0% chance he'll be here after this season. Second round picks turn into something sometimes, but if so get it from Washington so it's not a late 2nd.
    Last edited by FOXHOUND; 02-15-2014 at 08:34 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,348
    vCash
    1500
    Only this dumbass organization thinks Shump is gonna land them a star or tyson whose play is declining shouldn't be traded while he still has some value oh and the coach still has his job.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,125
    vCash
    1750
    This is good news, now i have no reason to watch the second half of the season
    Future Ace

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    963
    vCash
    1500
    Truthfully we do not have any thing to trade so this would not surprise me if nothing happens.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 02-15-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •