Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    429
    vCash
    1500

    Pistons to "push hard for Izzo in the off season"


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,679
    vCash
    500
    As is typical with Smith, this appears to be idle speculation masked with a kind of certainty he brings to every topic ... whether he knows what he's talking about or not. Still, it is worth pausing and thinking about a fit between Gores' Pistons and Izzo.
    So basically Stephen A is just pulling this out of his ***.

    Thinking about it though, it could be a good fit personnel wise. His teams are all about winning on the boards and his work with our bigs could be huge. I think he's a better NBA candidate than most NCAA coaches because he doesn't win games based on his ability to lure all the top talent to his school, he wins by actually coaching. As much as I hate him because of the rivalry, it would be pretty cool if he really came to Detroit.

    But, like they said it might just be classic Stephen A "idle speculation".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    429
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    So basically Stephen A is just pulling this out of his ***.

    Thinking about it though, it could be a good fit personnel wise. His teams are all about winning on the boards and his work with our bigs could be huge. I think he's a better NBA candidate than most NCAA coaches because he doesn't win games based on his ability to lure all the top talent to his school, he wins by actually coaching. As much as I hate him because of the rivalry, it would be pretty cool if he really came to Detroit.

    But, like they said it might just be classic Stephen A "idle speculation".
    I know the rivalry doesnt want me to like him but having him coach the Pistons would be fantastic.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,588
    vCash
    1187
    Wonder if he really would excel in the NBA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64,640
    vCash
    2300
    Doesn't surprise me. Gores is a MSU guy so I could see him trying to make a run at Izzo.



    Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,884
    vCash
    1500
    Not a chance Izzo leaves MSU. Just hire Hollins now before he has other options in the offseason and gives us the finger.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    421
    vCash
    1500
    Why would he leave MSU, to come coach one of the most unstablest coaching jobs in sports? I personally hope he declines the offer if offered the job, because MSU basketball would really fall off if he leaves.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    11,706
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Not a chance Izzo leaves MSU. Just hire Hollins now before he has other options in the offseason and gives us the finger.
    This...It's going to take a lot to lure him away from East Lansing. Cleveland came close(and probably would have gone if LeBron would have stayed).


    #****Broyles

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,974
    vCash
    1500
    This would be awesome, not only does Detroit get the best coach they've had since brown, bit msu would suck even more.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    429
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    This would be awesome, not only does Detroit get the best coach they've had since brown, bit msu would suck even more.
    Lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,755
    vCash
    1500
    Izzo would be a good coach here. He's been pretty good at the collegiate level.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 5-2, Week 8 vs. Steelers
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 4-1-0, games this week vs. Toronto, New Jersey, Chicago

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    portland, Or
    Posts
    3,184
    vCash
    1500
    I am for whatever makes us a contender. I'm sure I can speak for all Pistons fans.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    2500
    **** it, go for Beilein instead..


    NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,679
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBadBoy View Post
    **** it, go for Beilein instead..
    oh god, could you imagine his 3 ball offense with this squad? He might make sense for a team like GSW, but that would be pure comedy with us. Might as well go after Shaka Smart and employ a full court nonstop pressure style

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    2500
    Haha we need something, I think that's been the biggest issue the past 5 years. No real coach, players have had no coach to play passionately for.


    NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •