Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pistons to "push hard for Izzo in the off season"

vCash
    As is typical with Smith, this appears to be idle speculation masked with a kind of certainty he brings to every topic ... whether he knows what he's talking about or not. Still, it is worth pausing and thinking about a fit between Gores' Pistons and Izzo.
    So basically Stephen A is just pulling this out of his ***.

Thinking about it though, it could be a good fit personnel wise. His teams are all about winning on the boards and his work with our bigs could be huge. I think he's a better NBA candidate than most NCAA coaches because he doesn't win games based on his ability to lure all the top talent to his school, he wins by actually coaching. As much as I hate him because of the rivalry, it would be pretty cool if he really came to Detroit.

But, like they said it might just be classic Stephen A "idle speculation".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    So basically Stephen A is just pulling this out of his ***.

Thinking about it though, it could be a good fit personnel wise. His teams are all about winning on the boards and his work with our bigs could be huge. I think he's a better NBA candidate than most NCAA coaches because he doesn't win games based on his ability to lure all the top talent to his school, he wins by actually coaching. As much as I hate him because of the rivalry, it would be pretty cool if he really came to Detroit.

But, like they said it might just be classic Stephen A "idle speculation".
    I know the rivalry doesnt want me to like him but having him coach the Pistons would be fantastic.

vCash
    Wonder if he really would excel in the NBA

vCash
    Doesn't surprise me. Gores is a MSU guy so I could see him trying to make a run at Izzo.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Not a chance Izzo leaves MSU. Just hire Hollins now before he has other options in the offseason and gives us the finger.

vCash
    Why would he leave MSU, to come coach one of the most unstablest coaching jobs in sports? I personally hope he declines the offer if offered the job, because MSU basketball would really fall off if he leaves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Not a chance Izzo leaves MSU. Just hire Hollins now before he has other options in the offseason and gives us the finger.
    This...It's going to take a lot to lure him away from East Lansing. Cleveland came close(and probably would have gone if LeBron would have stayed).

#HandItOnly2Bell
    SigBet that Suh stays in Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sig bet!
    Sig bet!
    I'll step up. I'm pretty sure he's gone too.

vCash
    This would be awesome, not only does Detroit get the best coach they've had since brown, bit msu would suck even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    This would be awesome, not only does Detroit get the best coach they've had since brown, bit msu would suck even more.
    Lol

vCash
    Izzo would be a good coach here. He's been pretty good at the collegiate level.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    I am for whatever makes us a contender. I'm sure I can speak for all Pistons fans.

vCash
    **** it, go for Beilein instead..

NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBadBoy View Post
    **** it, go for Beilein instead..
    oh god, could you imagine his 3 ball offense with this squad? He might make sense for a team like GSW, but that would be pure comedy with us. Might as well go after Shaka Smart and employ a full court nonstop pressure style

vCash
    Haha we need something, I think that's been the biggest issue the past 5 years. No real coach, players have had no coach to play passionately for.

NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast