Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

Berman: Knicks won't trade Shumpert unless in a 'Big Deal'

Berman was on this morning with Hahn on the radio and was talking trade deadline. I'll try to summarize it here:

Berman's feeling is that the Knicks will not do a big trade unless one presents itself and that they feel Shumpert has a very high value. Shumpert will not be traded unless it is part of a big deal to acquire a big piece to help Melo and "not some forward..." (squashes FARIED deal!)

Knicks are targeting All Star talent to pair up with Melo and are holding onto their assets until a trade presents itself. A point guard is needed and Rondo is that type of talent, but the Celtics want picks and the Knicks cannot accommodate them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Smart thinking by the Knicks staff; not to long ago we would have made a panic trade that made no sense in the long term like the Lowery trade. I'm glad the Knicks are thinking like this because both Lowery and Faried will need a big fat contract that we don't need! Also, when it comes to Lowery I get same felling that I had with Jr last season. I felt Jr was playing for a contract and Lowery strikes me the same way as Jr did. I know we need a point guard but I'm glad the Knicks past on that Lowery deal.

vCash
    Shump needs to step up his game this offseason. No china tours or quiet knee surgery. Straight getting better for next season. If not trade him

vCash
    Shump will eventually get traded his salary doesn't fit 2015. Just trade him to get rid of felton or get a draft pick. His value will keep going down the longer he plays under woody.

vCash
    Shump is a 3 and D guy every championship team needs.. A good PG will make Shumpert Infinitely better. Ray Felton has failed us terribly and part of the reason why is Mike Woodson...
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    Shumpert is a 2. And his defense is a bit overrated
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash

Berman: Knicks won't trade Shumpert unless in a 'Big Deal'

Good to hear that they won't trade him while his value is low. I don't see any big deal happening with our assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!

vCash
    I think EnWhyKay meant Shumpert is a 3pt shooter. Not a SF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I think EnWhyKay meant Shumpert is a 3pt shooter. Not a SF.
    44% 3PT shooter away from NY

28% at MSG

Every time he's out 3+ days, in 4 games of sample, he returns shooting over 50% from the field. Something is wrong w/ this kid.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Pretty meaningless stuff here.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    I have a feeling we'll see a different Iman after 2/20. His trade value can't be any lower in the summer than it is now.

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Its pointless. None of these trades are even worth it anymore. We gotta ride this season out. Maybe a minor deal will happen though like Beno for a pick.

vCash
    Agree -- trading Shumpert now would be pointless. You'll get nothing for him. It's far from a certainty but there is a possibility he could make forward strides. I too, though, wonder what the deal is with this kid.

vCash
    Interesting read:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tegy-blueprint

"One team that may be interested in what New York needs to move is the Phoenix Suns. A package of Chandler, Shumpert and Smith should be enough to receive Eric Bledsoe, Emeka Okafor, Miles Plumlee and Archie Goodwin.

Bledsoe would be the pugnacious 1 the Knicks are desperate for thanks to Felton's matador defense, Goodwin is a raw 2 with tons of upside and Plumlee is a young big man who is flourishing this season."

The article has some proposals to dump Bargs and Felton as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1627 View Post
    Interesting read:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tegy-blueprint

"One team that may be interested in what New York needs to move is the Phoenix Suns. A package of Chandler, Shumpert and Smith should be enough to receive Eric Bledsoe, Emeka Okafor, Miles Plumlee and Archie Goodwin.

Bledsoe would be the pugnacious 1 the Knicks are desperate for thanks to Felton's matador defense, Goodwin is a raw 2 with tons of upside and Plumlee is a young big man who is flourishing this season."

The article has some proposals to dump Bargs and Felton as well.
    Bledsoe is in a contract year right?

So Tired of Melo Ball

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast