Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the Timberwolves trade Kevin Love before the 2015 offseason?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 90.91%
  • No

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should the Timberwolves trade Kevin Love before the 2015 offseason?

With the rumors already surfacing that Kevin Love is looking to leave Minnesota for a bigger market. Is it time for the Timberwolves look for a new destination for Kevin Love? He has a year and half left on his contract. Do you guys think it is time for Minnesota to trade him before he bolts?

vCash
    Yes.

Trade him for a haul of youngsters and picks. The closer he gets to free agency the less likely a team is to take a risk on him unless it's a sign and trade.

Random ideas off the top of my head (based on the fact he apparently wants to play in a large market), not saying I would do any of these, just mucking around.

Idea 1: Boston (inside the top 10 TV markets for NBA

Boston Sends; Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, Keith Bogans, Brandon Bass and 2016 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
    Boston Receives; Kevin Love, Ronny Turiaf, A.J Price

Minnesota Send; Kevin Love, Ronny Turiaf, A.J Price
    Minnesota Receive; Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, Keith Bogans, Brandon Bass and 2016 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Idea 2: Chicago (Top 5 in TV Market)

Chicago Send; Taj Gibson, Dunleavy, Snell, 2014 first round draft pick from Sacramento, 2015 first round draft pick from Cleveland, 2015 second round draft pick from Portland
    Chicago Receive; Kevin Love

Minnesota Send; Kevin Love
    Minnesota Receive; Taj Gibson, Dunleavy, Snell, 2014 first round draft pick from Sacramento, 2015 first round draft pick from Cleveland, 2015 second round draft pick from Portland

Idea 3: Miami Heat (backup Plan in case Lebron bails)

Miami Send; Chris Bosh and Chris Andersen + 2016 first round draft pick.
    Miami Receive; Kevin Love and Chase Budinger

Minnesota Send; Kevin Love and Chase Budinger
    Minnesota Receive; Chris Bosh and Chris Andersen + 2016 first round draft pick.

Idea 4: Golden State

Golden State send; David Lee, Klay Thompson and Marreese Speights
    Golden State receive; Kevin Love and J.J Barea

Minnesota Send; Kevin Love and J.J Barea
    Minnesota Receive; David Lee, Klay Thompson and Marreese Speights

Idea 5: Houston Rockets

Houston send; Asik, Jones, Parsons and two second round picks (2014 and 2015, both N.Ys)
    Houston receive; Kevin Love and Robert Hummel

Minnesota Send; Kevin Love and Robert Hummel
    Minnesota Receive; Asik, Jones, Parsons and two second round picks (2014 and 2015, both N.Ys)
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash

Should the Timberwolves trade Kevin Love before the 2015 offseason?

^ I'm liking idea 5

vCash
    For sure, By this time next year there will only be a few large market teams willing to trade for him. Right now some small market team might be delusional enough to give up a good package of young players for him in hopes they can make him stay.

vCash
    yes, whatever lakers give them

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    To Goose,

I don't think any of those are worth Minny's time. They ultimately might not have the leverage, but for a top 7 player in the league they'd need something better. There's gotta be a young player with HUGE upside, or a sure shot top pick.

Boston's not giving up enough, and neither Olynyk nor Sully are good enough to be the key pieces. The Bosh idea is not worth Minny's time, especially considering Bosh's contract status. Chicago's is the best offer of the three, but I still don't see the key player worth their time. They'd need a young player with star potential, that's not being offered (no disrespect to Taj...but he'll be 29). It's the same thing with Houston. Nice players, but no cornerstone for a rebuild.

GS's is the best, but I'm not too high on Klay anymore. Add Barnes and Nedovic or something to sweeten it.

Should they trade him? IDK. But not for any of those packages IMO.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    The best trade would be ibaka lamb Jackson Adams for love
    don't talk, check out the resumè

vCash
    Yes but they won't and will receive half the package they could have gotten next year when he tells them he will not resign after the season. In other words he's going to Melo them.

Those packages aren't remotely realistic Bulls would probably have to give up CHI 2014 first rounder, CHA 2014 first rounder, Sac future first rounder, Gibson, Butler, and rights to Mirotic.
    Last edited by Rndy; 02-15-2014 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    I think the Pistons and maybe even the Knicks could be good trade partners. A trade around Josh Smith and Greg Monroe could entice or a trade of Tyson Chandler, J.R Smith, Hardaway Jr. and Shumpert plus 2018 and 2020 unprotected first round picks could do the trick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter 2 View Post
    I think the Pistons and maybe even the Knicks could be good trade partners. A trade around Josh Smith and Greg Monroe could entice or a trade of Tyson Chandler, J.R Smith, Hardaway Jr. and Shumpert plus 2018 and 2020 unprotected first round picks could do the trick.
    No they couldn't lol Knicks have no assets TWolves would want for Love, lets not be delusional here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    To Goose,

I don't think any of those are worth Minny's time. They ultimately might not have the leverage, but for a top 7 player in the league they'd need something better. There's gotta be a young player with HUGE upside, or a sure shot top pick.

Boston's not giving up enough, and neither Olynyk nor Sully are good enough to be the key pieces. The Bosh idea is not worth Minny's time, especially considering Bosh's contract status. Chicago's is the best offer of the three, but I still don't see the key player worth their time. They'd need a young player with star potential, that's not being offered (no disrespect to Taj...but he'll be 29). It's the same thing with Houston. Nice players, but no cornerstone for a rebuild.

GS's is the best, but I'm not too high on Klay anymore. Add Barnes and Nedovic or something to sweeten it.

Should they trade him? IDK. But not for any of those packages IMO.
    Fair enough. I think the Boston one is pretty fair value when you take into account the first round pick. The Chicago one is the same, you're getting two first round picks as well as those players which balances it out in terms of value. Essentially, if they move Love they're looking to rebuild in my mind.

But I can see where you are coming from.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

vCash
    Knicks and Lakers have nothing of value worth trading, they'll be hoping he goes to FA.
    Truth^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Yes but they won't and will receive half the package they could have gotten next year when he tells them he will not resign after the season. In other words he's going to Melo them.
    Melo and Deron still netted better packages than any of Goose's proposals IMO. Definitely Utah's.

You're still gonna get value.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Knicks and Lakers have nothing of value worth trading, they'll be hoping he goes to FA.
    I think the best trade you put up there was the Miami trade but the problem with that trade is that Chris Bosh has player options for 2014 season so he could just bolt Minnesota.

Chandler, a former defensive player of the year, J.R Smith, a former 6th man of the year, and Tim Hardaway Jr., a top rookie from this years' class is probably better than most of your trades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Melo and Deron still netted better packages than any of Goose's proposals IMO. Definitely Utah's.

You're still gonna get value.
    I wasn't counting his packages as anything remotely realistic. I'm saying in General what they could get this year vs next year is a big difference. The Bulls package isn't remotely what it would be what I mentioned in my post above CHI 2014 first rounder, CHA 2014 first rounder, Sac future first rounder, Gibson, Butler, and rights to Mirotic. would be much more realistic and a starting point.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast