Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    they also said they wouldnt trade deng
    Cubs Bulls Pirates

vCash
    Via ESPN, December 20, 2013:

Despite being mired in a season that has been derailed by injuries, the Chicago Bulls are determined not to trade impending free-agent forward Luol Deng... sources said that's not in the team's plans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Via ESPN, December 20, 2013:

Despite being mired in a season that has been derailed by injuries, the Chicago Bulls are determined not to trade impending free-agent forward Luol Deng... sources said that's not in the team's plans.
    Bang.

vCash
    Well, in order for them to have a chance at a superstar, Boozer has to go. So they can spin it that way if they have to.

vCash
    Translation: we aren't getting Melo and Mirotic isn't coming over next season.

So by that reasoning, they should hang onto him until next season when they can use him as a huge expiring.

vCash
    There's nothing to be found in this translation. It's like Danny Ainge saying how important Rajon Rondo is to Boston's success now and the future. Pure bologna.

vCash
    I think if you add this story with all the other stories it does add up to something.

There is truth behind this statement. We won't salary dump Boozer for Okafor(for instance) unless we have insurances that either Mirotic is coming over next season or that we need to facilitate a trade or cap space for Melo. And we're not gonna trade Boozer for a non-star( i.e. Eric Gordon).

Seems plausible to me.

vCash
    But I do see your point, that it's probable that it's all a smoke screen.

I just happen to believe in this specific instance that what they are saying and/or told Boozer is true.

vCash
    I think they'd like to just cut ties with Boozer altogether at this point, so any chance they get where they don't have to amnesty him + not take on long-term salary I think they'd make the deal, especially considering he's been awful this year

vCash
    But maybe that's all they're currently receiving from him?

Would you really think the FO would gamble on a one for one trade for Eric Gordon for example?

It seems they're holding out for bigger things, and trying to quasi-repair things with Boozer(saying that they won't just dump him) to keep things professional because they think he may be here next year too?

If there's nothing on the market really worth going all-in for, why not hold onto him until next year when his contract is REALLY appealing? That seems to me what the FO is trying to do.

Or else why would they bother telling him that? Or bring him back from injury AND starting him?

There's really no reason to be doing that considering Gibson is outplaying him this year. I mean is there really a need to showcase Boozer anymore? Everyone knows what he is at this point in his career.

vCash
    All good points, but if the Bulls were offered an expiring contract for Boozer I think they'd definitely take it. Cap space doesn't HAVE to be spent this off-season, but the more cap there is the greater guarantee they will sign Mirotic (who I think is their main priority. It's nearly a consensus that if Nikola was in this year's draft he'd go top-3).

Holding onto Boozer to potentially deal him when he's an expiring for something worthwhile is unlikely. Even for Kevin Love, that expiring offer wouldn't make/break the proposed deal imo because they'd want more than just Boozer & picks

vCash
    But why even tell Boozer that then? They could've said that you're injured, take your time etc etc etc.

Instead, he's back AND starting. Those facts alone are contradictory.

Now maybe going back full circle, maybe it is just bologna from either Boozer, the FO or both.

I think from reading the CERDIBLE reports that maybe Mirotic isn't coming and Melo isn't either.

Then why just trade a malcontent just to trade(and leave a unoccupied spot in the roster) if there's nothing out there worth trading for?

And correct me of I'm wrong but wouldn't we have more cap space following next season if we let Boozer expire then trade him for an expiring this year(Okafor)?

Again, we could be arguing over semantics because it all could be lies, I just happen to believe the FO has a longer term approach with Boozer... Well, past this offseason that is. And that's why they have reportedly told him that.

Fun discussion regardless, I miss this stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bodupp311 View Post
    But why even tell Boozer that then? They could've said that you're injured, take your time etc etc etc.

Instead, he's back AND starting. Those facts alone are contradictory.

Now maybe going back full circle, maybe it is just bologna from either Boozer, the FO or both.

I think from reading the CERDIBLE reports that maybe Mirotic isn't coming and Melo isn't either.

Then why just trade a malcontent just to trade(and leave a unoccupied spot in the roster) if there's nothing out there worth trading for?

And correct me of I'm wrong but wouldn't we have more cap space following next season if we let Boozer expire then trade him for an expiring this year(Okafor)?

Again, we could be arguing over semantics because it all could be lies, I just happen to believe the FO has a longer term approach with Boozer... Well, past this offseason that is. And that's why they have reportedly told him that.

Fun discussion regardless, I miss this stuff.
    Boozer may have already taken all the time he needed and wanted to get out and play Boozer is one of the guys, and I'm sure he hates not being able to help the team.

If the Bulls trade Boozer for Okafor they don't have to amnesty anyone, but the cap space will be the same regardless this year and the next off-season *** if they don't spend the cap this year that is.

I do believe all of this is semantics. The Bulls will trade Boozer if its best for the team. Maybe right now they don't think they will get a good enough offer or whatever, so they told Carlos that you're a Bull. But say tomorrow the Bulls get offered a good enough deal (in the eyes of GarPax) - do you think they would pass it up just because reportedly they told Boozer he's not on the chopping block? Nah, this FO would make that deal.

I think if the Bulls feel Boozer could be that big expiring in an all-star acquiring trade next year, that they're really putting eggs into a basket which they haven't even bought yet; i don't think that's characteristic of this FO, who always dots their I's and crosses their T's

vCash
    The sooner the better. The only thing I'll miss is the arc to his jumpshot haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast