Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Wades all star spot this year.

So let me get this straight. Wade has hardley played this season, didnt play in the last game before the allstar break. But still some how is healthy enough to play the all star game.

Am I missing something here ? lance stephenson and kyle lowry have been playing out of their minds this year. They dont get voted in by the fans, or the coaches. But a player who has been injured, sick, misses games cuz of that time of the month gets to start in the all star game.

They should take voting away from the little kids. There should aslo be a rule that you have to play a certain amount of games and play at a certain level to be considered an allstar. reputations should be thrown out the door. If you want to be an allstar every year you should have to play like one every year. if you are injured you are injured, thats part of the game.

Im sorry but d.wade is not deserving of an all star spot this year. I can name 5 guys who deserved the spot over him.

Rant over.

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
    Heat All-Star guard Dwyane Wade said he will play in Sunday's NBA All-Star Game. Wade suffered a drop foot injury on Wednesday.

Twitter
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-14-2014 at 05:26 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Not sure what makes you think your opinion on this is so worthy that it needs its own thread, rather than one of the other 5, but whatever.

Three points:
    1) It's a game for the fans. An exhibition. It's meaningless. The fans who care enough to vote are exactly the ones who should be deciding who plays. That's the whole point.
    2) If you want to restrict people by number of games played, you're going to have to cut out CP3, too. They've both played 36. That's 70% of Miami's games for DWade. If the games played cutoff is below that you're going to have some pretty deserving guys miss out some years.
    3) His level of play isn't so low that he clearly shouldn't be playing. If it was a young player playing the way he is, everyone would be totally fine with him making it. That is to say, the reputation thing works both ways - you can't get angry about a guy making it just because he used to be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Not sure what makes you think your opinion on this is so worthy that it needs its own thread, rather than one of the other 5, but whatever.

Three points:
    1) It's a game for the fans. An exhibition. It's meaningless. The fans who care enough to vote are exactly the ones who should be deciding who plays. That's the whole point.
    2) If you want to restrict people by number of games played, you're going to have to cut out CP3, too. They've both played 36. That's 70% of Miami's games for DWade. If the games played cutoff is below that you're going to have some pretty deserving guys miss out some years.
    3) His level of play isn't so low that he clearly shouldn't be playing. If it was a young player playing the way he is, everyone would be totally fine with him making it. That is to say, the reputation thing works both ways - you can't get angry about a guy making it just because he used to be better.
    because the news just came out that he infact playing in the game ??

not sure why you give a **** when someone makes a thread. does it bother you ? take your back seat mod *** out of my thread lol.

haha jk.

i just think its a joke the way the all star selections are handled. for example yao ming being selected in a few years in a row even though he wasnt even playing in the last few seasons of his career. Just because he was asian he kept getting voted in. is that not a joke ?

At least we have some justice with davis getting kobes spot in the west.

these players play the sport for a career. The all star game does infact mean something to there careers, specially in terms of contracts.

With that said, there must be a more proffesional way for the nba to select its allstars and get it right every year.. I want to see the best play vs the best, not who has had the best reputation play vs the best. or who is the most popular etc.

it should be performance based period!!
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-14-2014 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    So let me get this straight. Wade has hardley played this season, didnt play in the last game before the allstar break. But still some how is healthy enough to play the all star game.

Am I missing something here ? lance stephenson and kyle lowry have been playing out of their minds this year. They dont get voted in by the fans, or the coaches. But a player who has been injured, sick, misses games cuz of that time of the month gets to start in the all star game.

They should take voting away from the little kids. There should aslo be a rule that you have to play a certain amount of games and play at a certain level to be considered an allstar. reputations should be thrown out the door. If you want to be an allstar every year you should have to play like one every year. if you are injured you are injured, thats part of the game.

Im sorry but d.wade is not deserving of an all star spot this year. I can name 5 guys who deserved the spot over him.

Rant over.

Heat All-Star guard Dwyane Wade said he will play in Sunday's NBA All-Star Game. Wade suffered a drop foot injury on Wednesday.

Twitter
    I agree. Doesn't make sense.

On Rose vs. Westbrook:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Westbrook only because I think Rose is a bit selfish and that hurts his likelihood of winning a title, all flash and no cash for Rose

vCash
    He should have just sat it out and had more rest for the second half of the season, I doubt he would got rusty!

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    the allstar game is more for casual fans, as much as we all know there are more deserving players, the casual fan wants to see wade over lowry, it is as it is.

vCash
    I ****ing hate wade

vCash
    You have to give up your spot in order to be taken off the team. Technically, you can be injured (not a major one) but still be part of the roster if you don't withdraw your name.

vCash
    he will probably play a few minutes and than get shut down smh what a waste of a spot.

vCash
    The only thing I don't like is that he's gonna play small minutes. He's been in a million of these and is battling injuries. He should of gave his spot up to a young guy like Stephenson and Lowry who might not have another all-star season.

vCash
    Cp3 and wade shouldn't play. Their spots should go to Stephenson and dragic. But this is how the nba is now. Wade is declining and wants to take any glory he has left. I think cp3 just wants to be on the team with griffin.
    go bears go bulls go cubsray: go blackhawks(new fan) go spurs

ninja rap haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Rant over.

Twitter
    He missed like 15games, you make it seem like he only played 15 games. And Wade is fine, this is just another part of the sacrifice he had to make, playing along side Lbj (I still say that Lbj sacrifice was much bigger, giving away the title to Dallas).

D Wade hasn't been able to play like the super star he is, so yes, maybe other guys should have gotten the nod; but Wade is better then those 5 guys you would have named (even when he's only 70% healthy).

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Well of course he can play. He did something very few have done and that is led a franchise that never won to a title as the man and did so for the franchise that drafted him. He didn't cop out going to a franchise that already had proven champion as the man.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jordansbulls View Post
    well of course he can play. He did something very few have done and that is led a franchise that never won to a title as the man and did so for the franchise that drafted him. He didn't cop out going to a franchise that already had proven champion as the man.
    lmfao!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast