Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Offseason Thread v7.0

Gogogogogo

vCash
    I just read an article that was stating after cutting peppers, bush and Bennett we would still only have about 21 million in cap space.

I see 30-33 million getting used a lot in mocks. Can someone smart please explain how we can wind up with that much?

I know designating peppers as a June1st cut saves like 14 million but I'm failing to see where the rest comes from.

vCash
    It's far more complex than any text or singular action. To me, it appears that Martin was trying to fit in by trying to assimilate to the actions of Incognito. That's why the "evidence" of friendship appears, but I don't think they were friends, I think Martin was trying his best to join the actions in hope of trying to make it stop.

Martin was essentially in a bad relationship, and for whatever reason sometimes bad relationships are hard to leave, regardless of how damaging it is. The human mind and tendencies are far more complicated than people like to often pretend they are.

vCash
    Bears have 6.68 mil cap space (according to Spotrac... http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cap-hit/).

Peppers as June 1st cut would be 13.99 mil cap space

Bush as June 1st cut would be 2.85 mil cap space or just 1.85 if just cut

Bennett would be 2.45 mil cap space (no dead money)

So 6.68 + 13.99 + 2.85 + 2.45 = 25.97 mil cap space. Yeah I'm not sure how they're getting 30-33 mil as well. I mean you can add Podlesh/Weems to the mix, but that's an extra 2 mil there. Briggs is the only other option and you would save about 5.5 or 6 (post June 1st cut) mil.

vCash
    I know it would be widely unpopular, but I'd be fine with moving on from Briggs if that meant another key young defensive player.

vCash
    Cap carry over is done right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    I know it would be widely unpopular, but I'd be fine with moving on from Briggs if that meant another key young defensive player.
    Well we wouldn't cut him w the way our defense was last year and we wouldn't get enough back if we tried to trade him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Cap carry over is done right?
    I thought this is the last year? I have no clue though.

vCash
    If that 6 million gets you 25 year old Donald Butler, I don't see why you don't consider it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpendidSplinter View Post
    I thought this is the last year? I have no clue though.
    Well we did have 2.3 left over last year
    If that 6 million gets you 25 year old Donald Butler, I don't see why you don't consider it.
    I understand what you're saying but then your vet on the defense is Tim Jennings. Lol

vCash
    Butler became team captain in his second playing season, I think he'd have a positive leadership role.

vCash
    After cutting peppers post June 1, bush, earl, podlesh, Weems we should be at about 27.1 mil.

I know people on here act like restructuring any of Cutlers salary would ruin our future. But I would not be mad at all if we restructured 10.5 mil which would increase his cap hit on 1.5 per year and would give us like another 8.5 this yr. That's byrd plus the d line adds that we've discussed. You guys would **** your ******* if that happened.

vCash
    You get Hardy and Butler to replace Peppers and Briggs, you're younger and better, probably for nearly the same cost too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AB1984 View Post
    After cutting peppers post June 1, bush, earl, podlesh, Weems we should be at about 27.1 mil.

I know people on here act like restructuring any of Cutlers salary would ruin our future. But I would not be mad at all if we restructured 10.5 mil which would increase his cap hit on 1.5 per year and would give us like another 8.5 this yr. That's byrd plus the d line adds that we've discussed. You guys would **** your ******* if that happened.
    Go in with roughly 30 - 35 million for free agency and we could have some serious fun.

vCash
    Butler became team captain in his second playing season, I think he'd have a positive leadership role.
    You get Hardy and Butler to replace Peppers and Briggs, you're younger and better, probably for nearly the same cost too.
    Yeah I just like the idea of Briggs calling plays again. Bcb alerted me to butler a couple of years ago. Granted he's not the perfect fit for us bc he doesn't excel in coverage iirc and it also means were giving up on bostic
    Go in with roughly 30 - 35 million for free agency and we could have some serious fun.
    30 mil w the deep classes in what we need and stein on our side oh god I have a boner

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast