Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    2400

    Lets have another Lebron thread, are you unfairly harsh on him?

    A few questions, based on some stuff I've read recently in threads.


    Why is it acceptable for Durant to fail when he had Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka (and now with just the latter two), but completely unacceptable for Lebron to fail with Wade and Bosh? Durant has the same amount of help that Lebron does, so why hasn't he won a ring? Why aren't people giving him a hard time like you gave Lebron?

    Why does Melo get a pass? Why is it okay for him to fail without help but Lebron gets criticized for not being able to win without it? Why is it that we shouldn't expect Melo to win without help, but we should Lebron? If Lebron was on that squad instead of Melo, and they were not making the playoffs, would you be as sympathetic?

    Why is it that people think Lebron isn't one of the top ten all time because he hasn't won enough championships, but at the same time, people think Durant is as good (or better than) Lebron when Durant hasn't won a ring, an MVP, or pretty much achieved anything in his career?



    DISCLAIMERS:

    I don't mean to say that you should measure a player by how many rings he has won, that's stupid, I dislike that approach, but a lot of people do rely on it.

    I actually find Durant a more entertaining player to watch, I enjoy his game more. So I'm not a Lebron dickrider and I'm not trying to disrespect KD or anything, don't start that. I'm simply wondering why people have different rules for Lebron than they do for KD and Melo etc but then argue those two are just as good.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    13,959
    vCash
    1500
    Do you really need to ****ing go over this, dude?

    Age/choice/conference/expectations (much of it self created on Lebron's part), to break it down.

    Also, not winning MVP last season due to Bron's 2nd half and the injury to Westbrook after the 1st game of the playoffs alleviated the hate that would've begun this year and was already beginning to mount before the playoffs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    13,959
    vCash
    1500
    And nobody argues Melo is as good as Lebron or has the same expectations of him. Ridiculous statement.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    2400
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Do you really need to ****ing go over this, dude?

    Age/choice/conference/expectations (much of it self created on Lebron's part), to break it down.

    Also, not winning MVP last season due to Bron's 2nd half and the injury to Westbrook after the 1st game of the playoffs alleviated the hate that would've begun this year and was already beginning to mount before the playoffs.
    None of that is an answer. Elaborate or just don't respond at all.

    And do I need to go over this? Over what? I'm just trying to understand why people don't hold KD and others to the same standards as Lebron.


    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    And nobody argues Melo is as good as Lebron or has the same expectations of him. Ridiculous statement.
    You need to visit some of the recent threads.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,519
    vCash
    1500
    Why do you make these threads... honestly... last time it was Melo is better than Lebron mocking his 62 point game if I'm not mistaken because you were mad about Lebron threads.

    Stop dude just stop.


    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    2400
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    Why do you make these threads... honestly... last time it was Melo is better than Lebron mocking his 62 point game if I'm not mistaken because you were mad about Lebron threads.

    Stop dude just stop.
    That was a parody of the thread some joker made about KD being better than Lebron because he outperformed him for 3 months.

    Just FYI.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    13,959
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    None of that is an answer. Elaborate or just don't respond at all.

    And do I need to go over this? Over what? I'm just trying to understand why people don't hold KD and others to the same standards as Lebron.




    You need to visit some of the recent threads.
    In your heart of hearts you don't understand why people don't hold ROY - 4X MVP - currently peak of his career Lebron James who joined two #1's on the "Not four, not five, not six" Miami Heat to the same standard as other players? "The Chosen One" - "I should've been b2b DPOY" - "I should be on the Mount Rushmore of hoops" Lebron James? Hahaha, nothing getting through there to shed some light, man?

    I'll just assume you're trolling, I refuse to believe someone is this dense.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    2400
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    In your heart of hearts you don't understand why people don't hold ROY - 4X MVP - currently peak of his career Lebron James who joined two #1's on the "Not four, not five, not six" Miami Heat to the same standard as other players? "The Chosen One" - "I should've been b2b DPOY" - "I should be on the Mount Rushmore of hoops" Lebron James? Hahaha, nothing getting through there to shed some light, man?

    I'll just assume you're trolling, I refuse to believe someone is this dense.
    But people were expecting him to be a champion long before he stepped foot in Miami. The media were hyping him as the next MJ when he was barely finished puberty.

    And again, you blame him for teaming up with Wade and Bosh to win like it's a negative thing, but you give Durant a pass despite the fact that Harden, Ibaka and Westbrook are a better trio than anything Lebron has EVER played with. And you say Melo shouldn't be expected to win anything without help.

    About 80% of the hate is due to the media, only about 10%-15% is self inflicted when you look through his entire career, the rest is just blind jealousy imho.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    13,959
    vCash
    1500
    Imho you are an apologist with ridiculous humble opinions.

    Moving on, I can't handle any more of this site for today.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    2400
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Imho you are an apologist with ridiculous humble opinions.

    Moving on, I can't handle any more of this site for today.
    Wow, you really are filled with hate. I can't help but think you're jealous of his success or something, I don't understand why else you would act like this.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,135
    vCash
    1500
    Melo gets his fair share of hate, if for no other reason than he plays for the Knicks.

    Hell, most people on this site don't think he's a top 10 player.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    2400
    Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    Melo gets his fair share of hate, if for no other reason than he plays for the Knicks.

    Hell, most people on this site don't think he's a top 10 player.
    Most people. But I seen a Knicks fan on here and another guy compare him to Lebron today.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    All states
    Posts
    131
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    A few questions, based on some stuff I've read recently in threads.


    Why is it acceptable for Durant to fail when he had Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka (and now with just the latter two), but completely unacceptable for Lebron to fail with Wade and Bosh? Durant has the same amount of help that Lebron does, so why hasn't he won a ring? Why aren't people giving him a hard time like you gave Lebron?

    Why does Melo get a pass? Why is it okay for him to fail without help but Lebron gets criticized for not being able to win without it? Why is it that we shouldn't expect Melo to win without help, but we should Lebron? If Lebron was on that squad instead of Melo, and they were not making the playoffs, would you be as sympathetic?

    Why is it that people think Lebron isn't one of the top ten all time because he hasn't won enough championships, but at the same time, people think Durant is as good (or better than) Lebron when Durant hasn't won a ring, an MVP, or pretty much achieved anything in his career?



    DISCLAIMERS:

    I don't mean to say that you should measure a player by how many rings he has won, that's stupid, I dislike that approach, but a lot of people do rely on it.

    I actually find Durant a more entertaining player to watch, I enjoy his game more. So I'm not a Lebron dickrider and I'm not trying to disrespect KD or anything, don't start that. I'm simply wondering why people have different rules for Lebron than they do for KD and Melo etc but then argue those two are just as good.
    Durant never boasted the "not one, not two, not three, not four, etc" speech in a silly self publicizing press conference/circus show as did Lebron. Also, anybody who pulls an under-handed scheme to get themselves on a winning team deserves as much harsh criticism as possible. If he wouldve just stayed with his hometown in Cleveland and turned them into a championship team, he wouldve been the most beloved star in NBA history but he didnt.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East New York Brooklyn
    Posts
    9,622
    vCash
    1500
    When the media gives you the title "King" before you even step in the nba yiur going to get more pressure. The nba was desperately looking to get a player close to MJ talent and deem him one which isn't fair.

    Durant was just a really good player that so happens to blossom to a top 2 player.

    It's unfair but that's just how it is

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    2400
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    When the media gives you the title "King" before you even step in the nba yiur going to get more pressure. The nba was desperately looking to get a player close to MJ talent and deem him one which isn't fair.

    Durant was just a really good player that so happens to blossom to a top 2 player.

    It's unfair but that's just how it is
    See people^ this is what an unbiased opinion looks like. Bravo my friend.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •