Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Blazer Offseason Rumors/Ideas

time for a new thread

vCash
    Saw Mariner Down imply CJ was under 6'2. He's 6'4 with long arms. Reasonable size for a SG and great for a PG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matt800 View Post
    Saw Mariner Down imply CJ was under 6'2. He's 6'4 with long arms. Reasonable size for a SG and great for a PG.
    He does not have any pg instincts. He can move with the ball nicely (though at least 1 time every game he ends up on his knees try to keep from losing the ball). He just can't pass real well. He needs to stick at SG. Don't try confusing him by asking him to pick up the point because he can't and it will just slow down his progress in other areas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    He does not have any pg instincts. He can move with the ball nicely (though at least 1 time every game he ends up on his knees try to keep from losing the ball). He just can't pass real well. He needs to stick at SG. Don't try confusing him by asking him to pick up the point because he can't and it will just slow down his progress in other areas.
    I think he hasn't developed his PG skills as much but he has a very high basketball iq and I think he can pick it up pretty fast. He might not be an eyes in the back of his head type, but he should be able to excel at getting open to pass and know where guys are going to be.

I agree that his primary value is as a secondary ball handler right now.

CJ has some great footwork and as he gets older and stronger he should start getting pretty hard to stop. Right now the double teams seem to give him some trouble because he isn't strong enough to hold his ground.

If he keeps getting minutes though I think he has a good shot at ROY. I mean who else would it be? lol... especially if CJ helps us get to a great record. Because all the other decent rookies seem to be on bad teams and really aren't accomplishing much win-wise.

vCash
    CJ: 6'3.25" in shoes at combine. His wingspan measured at an average 6'6.25". Compare that to Oladipo who measured an inch more in height, but 3" more in span.

That is a small SG in the NBA.

Lillard measured 6'2.75" with a 6'7.75 span.

That is a small backcourt.

vCash
    those might be the numbers but he looks tall on the court and his length is challenging for a lot of people when he is defending. One thing is for sure, he's taller than Mo Williams, so size-wise he is the better option currently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner Down View Post
    CJ: 6'3.25" in shoes at combine. His wingspan measured at an average 6'6.25". Compare that to Oladipo who measured an inch more in height, but 3" more in span.

That is a small SG in the NBA.

Lillard measured 6'2.75" with a 6'7.75 span.

That is a small backcourt.
    i see Cj as our Jason Terry(mavs) as a combo 6th man i dont really see him as our starting SG unless he does a huge step over Wes

only way i would ever trade cj is for star player someone who we think cj wont ever be better then, Or package Cj,Freeland,claver,Crabbe as a young package this off season with our 2016 pick for a All-Star
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matt800 View Post
    those might be the numbers but he looks tall on the court and his length is challenging for a lot of people when he is defending. One thing is for sure, he's taller than Mo Williams, so size-wise he is the better option currently.
    i'd trade Mo & Wriht right now! CJ i'd have to be blown away in a trade.

Mo either will have it or wont, any givin night and he's a chucker, he forces shots with open men every game, he does bring vet leadership and scoring ability but when he's not making his shot he still takes them which has hurt our team alot already
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryder78c View Post

Mo either will have it or wont, any givin night and he's a chucker, he forces shots with open men every game, he does bring vet leadership and scoring ability but when he's not making his shot he still takes them which has hurt our team alot already
    The biggest thing on Mo is yes he forces stuff sometime but that's exactly want they want him to do. Because we have not had anybody else dependable off the bench that's needed to be his role. I think now CJ is coming on as a scorer you will see less risks from Mo.

I don't see any major moves by deadline but I can tell u

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryder78c View Post

The biggest thing on Mo is yes he forces stuff sometime but that's exactly want they want him to do. Because we have not had anybody else dependable off the bench that's needed to be his role. I think now CJ is coming on as a scorer you will see less risks from Mo.

I don't see any major moves by deadline but I can tell u that if our team D doesn't improve we will be knocked out in 1st round. Lilliard is a top 5 pg offensively but an extreme liability on D... Either he needs to adjust that Quick or Matthews and Batum have to step up huge individually!!!

vCash
    What if Blazers do this...

Mo and Claver to Washington
    For
    Seraphin and Maynor

- giving us a more true PG to run the team and giving CJ more of the scoring possibilities. Also getting us a post scorer off the bench with upside as our future Center.

- giving Washington their backup PG they are looking for.

THEN WE CAN.

Meyers Leonard
    For
    Mike Dunleavy

OR

Leonard, Wright and 2nd
    For
    Wilson Chandler

Salary works on all 3 trades and this would address our 2nd scorer off the bench. The Dunleavy move is more believable but the Chandler would be more ideal. Get Wright outta here so they can take on Leonard.... I doubt there is any interest in him anymore but let's hope

Lilliard/Maynor/CJ/Watson
    Matthews/CJ/Barton/Crabbe
    Batum/Wilson or Dunleavy/Barton
    LA/Freeland/Robinson
    Lopez/Seraphin/Freeland
    Last edited by Hokysfan; 02-16-2014 at 12:28 AM.

vCash
    I have always liked Chandler. Plays tough and would be a good fit for this team.

One of the best under the radar free agents signings went from Wright to Wrong in just a snap of the fingers. What happened to the guy? I liked Wright's role on the team early on.

vCash
    Free agents would come
    http://adf.ly/diQ1P

vCash
    Why is no chatter... Are fans on all star break as well.. Saw idea of this today... WOULD ANYONE CONSIDER???

the Blazers would get Asik, Omri Casspi and Donatas Motiejunas in exchange for Matthews and Meyers Leonard:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokysfan View Post
    Why is no chatter... Are fans on all star break as well.. Saw idea of this today... WOULD ANYONE CONSIDER???

the Blazers would get Asik, Omri Casspi and Donatas Motiejunas in exchange for Matthews and Meyers Leonard:
    The writer of that article got the Blazers core wrong. Olshey has said the Blazers core is LMA, Lillard, Batum and Matthews. I don't think we would do that trade. I wouldn't either for that matter.

I would maybe consider CJ McCollum in Matthews place but even my zeal for that deal is waning with every passing performance from McCollum.

Let's see how far this core goes this year and if we have a problem we can attempt to address it in the offseason. Who knows, with all the players who apparently want to come here by waiting we possibly gain leverage in any trade negotiations.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast