Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 NFL Draft Discussion 2.0

Last one went over 1000 posts so continue the draft talk here

vCash
    From the previous thread, given the two options I'd definitely choose the Watkins plan over Lee

vCash
    I say, if Sammy Watkins is there at #3 and we haven't agreed to an extension yet with Suh, we get on the phone with our trade partners in JAX and go Suh for #3 overall. I think Watkins would be just as effective for our offense as Suh is for our defense.....but cheaper.

With rookie salaries these days, we would have a ton of room for 2015 and we could trade down from that #10 to pick up someone like DT Hangeman and collect another 2nd or 3rd. We extend Fairley and use the additional 2nd round to round out our needs.

I am also probably one of the few that think Mark Sanchez will actually be a better QB once he is out of New York and would fit perfect in a place like JAX as the starter. He does have some crudentials (AFC appearance, pro bowl ect) but couldn't meet the demands in that big NY TV market. I think he will be a better QB once he doesn't have all that hype/expectations

vCash
    Trading Suh isnt very plausible..

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    You don't always get a chance to have an elite player like Suh at a premium position. When you get a player like that you make sure that they are a part of your franchise for the long haul. It just wouldn't make sense to trade him away for a pick and use it on a position (which I agree is a need) but is deep in this draft. Watkins is by far my favorite player of this draft and I would love to have him here but not at the expense of Suh.

Add on to that if we trade him we have a cap hit of something like 20 million so we aren't doing ourselves an favors this year. Given that we are on the cusp of having a contender there isn't a reason to trade Suh away now imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    You don't always get a chance to have an elite player like Suh at a premium position. When you get a player like that you make sure that they are a part of your franchise for the long haul. It just wouldn't make sense to trade him away for a pick and use it on a position (which I agree is a need) but is deep in this draft. Watkins is by far my favorite player of this draft and I would love to have him here but not at the expense of Suh.

Add on to that if we trade him we have a cap hit of something like 20 million so we aren't doing ourselves an favors this year. Given that we are on the cusp of having a contender there isn't a reason to trade Suh away now imo.
    Yea its 19m in dead money, Thats basically throwing in the towel to me.. We can extend him, KEEP Suh and free up 8-10m roughly and add two Bush/Quin type players with that much saved cap.. Or trade him, Eat the money, and essentially say hey, We know we just lessened our chances this year, But were better down the road (Maybe)... Especially after all the comments from Lewand and Mayhew about "Win Now" "Winning now is our focus" blah blah

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    You guys should draft Bortles

vCash
    What does everyone think of the 4.8m cap number on Chris Houston?

vCash
    Also what are the chances we draft OT at number 10? Could move reiff to RT and have waddle as swing. Or move reiff to gaurd. It would be a pretty strong line

vCash
    Heres a thought Cut bush, houston, renegotiate suh an sign Eric decker and dexter mccluster?

vCash
    I don't see a tackle this year. Both Rieff and Waddle played really well last season, no reason to change what isn't broken (at least not yet). I can however see a guard being taken, especially one that can also play center. Sims and Raiola are getting older so the versatility will come in handy.

vCash
    What about Houston lionsfan? 4.8m is quite a bit and we could sign a vet like Mathis for cheaper

vCash
    Release Houston, sign Tillman. Tiliman better press cb and is great in run support

vCash
    c wick implosion in 3...2...1..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hairytreeko View Post
    Release Houston, sign Tillman. Tiliman better press cb and is great in run support
    The only place Tillman will go other than Chicago is TB

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast