Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Carmelo: I want to retire a Knick

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 2m
    Melo says he still wants to retire a Knick and his first priority is to stay.

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk 14m
    Carmelo says his "first priority" is to stay with Knicks. Says he wants to hear from them legit plan and if so he sounds like he stays.
    Last edited by jsthornton7; 02-14-2014 at 04:07 PM.

vCash

No suprise there

vCash
    First priority, but didn't say his only priority. Anyway I think he stays. He tried so hard to get there so why would he leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 2m
    Melo says he still wants to retire a Knick and his first priority is to stay.

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk 14m
    Carmelo says his "first priority" is to stay with Knicks. Says he wants to hear from them legit plan and if so he sounds like he stays.
    He also said he'll absolutely take less money to stay if it'll help the team.

I hope all the dumb idiots who were claiming 'Melo is gone' read this. It was so stupid. Why is he going to leave the greatest city in the world? To go to the Lakers and play with a bunch of bums under D'Antoni with a 90-year-old sidekick? To go to Chicago to play with a guy who hasn't played in 2 seasons?

Right.

Best course of action is to re-sign for less and wait for 2015 when they have cap for Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker or Marc Gasol.

vCash
    cool, Id like to see a revamped knick team built around melo. . they need to move stat asap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    He also said he'll absolutely take less money to stay if it'll help the team.

I hope all the dumb idiots who were claiming 'Melo is gone' read this. It was so stupid. Why is he going to leave the greatest city in the world? To go to the Lakers and play with a bunch of bums under D'Antoni with a 90-year-old sidekick? To go to Chicago to play with a guy who hasn't played in 2 seasons?

Right.

Best course of action is to re-sign for less and wait for 2015 when they have cap for Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker or Marc Gasol.
    Wow, you sound very mad.

He might still leave New York. A quote in February means absolutely nothing. What else is he gonna say?

I think it's 50-50. If there is a better situation for him to win, he'll take it, even if it isn't in the purported "greatest city in the world."

vCash
    Props to him not many are willing to stick around for a rebuild to try to get a ring these days. More people are just forming super teams for easy ships... Good on Melo! And lucky for Dolan.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    "I want to win a championship. If I have to become a free agent in order to do that, then that's what I have to do."

Hearing him say money isn't an issue was interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    Wow, you sound very mad.

He might still leave New York. A quote in February means absolutely nothing. What else is he gonna say?

I think it's 50-50. If there is a better situation for him to win, he'll take it, even if it isn't in the purported "greatest city in the world."
    You're right, I'm annoyed I have to hear about this crap as a Knick fan every other day all season long. It's just so stupid.

How is it 50-50? What are his options?

LA? With D'Antoni and Kobe who sucks and is hurt now? Chicago? With Derrick Rose, who may Grant Hill the rest of his career? Dallas? With a 36-year-old Nowitzki?

Where are his options? The Heat, Clippers, Rockets, Thunder - whatever, aren't options.

People just like hype. This forum likes hype. But what everyone has failed to mention is there is not ONE team with cap space that would do any better for Melo than the Knicks would. And in that case, why wouldn't he just stay home and wait a year for the Knicks to have cap in 2015?

And yes, NY is the greatest city in the world. You'd have to live there or near there to know. There's a surplus of marketing opportunities that don't exist anywhere else and a lifestyle that is lavish.

It's not 50-50. More like 90-10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    "I want to win a championship. If I have to become a free agent in order to do that, then that's what I have to do."

Hearing him say money isn't an issue was interesting.
    Yes but he wouldn't take anything under 16.5 and I doubt he would even go that low
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash

Keep digging that hole, Carmelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    You're right, I'm annoyed I have to hear about this crap as a Knick fan every other day all season long. It's just so stupid.

How is it 50-50? What are his options?

LA? With D'Antoni and Kobe who sucks and is hurt now? Chicago? With Derrick Rose, who may Grant Hill the rest of his career? Dallas? With a 36-year-old Nowitzki?

Where are his options? The Heat, Clippers, Rockets, Thunder - whatever, aren't options.

People just like hype. This forum likes hype. But what everyone has failed to mention is there is not ONE team with cap space that would do any better for Melo than the Knicks would. And in that case, why wouldn't he just stay home and wait a year for the Knicks to have cap in 2015?

And yes, NY is the greatest city in the world. You'd have to live there or near there to know. There's a surplus of marketing opportunities that don't exist anywhere else and a lifestyle that is lavish.

It's not 50-50. More like 90-10.

what the hell are you crying about lol you compare the knicks to lakers and chicago are u serious.

first off if u been living under a rock lakers are tanking to get exum or wiggins. On may 20th lakers will be successful in rebuilding by adding a new face to the organization. By adding stevenson or deng in free agency will bring a dangerous team. Then in 2015 bring in kevin love who is a lock 2 come 2 la. You knick fans thinks hes coming 2 play wid melo lol dont kill me. What plans they got rondo lol Rondo isn't on crack. miami and indy will run the east 4 the next 4 yrs good luck staying in nyc melo. Knicks best chance of a ring was with ewing it will be yrs yes yrs before knick win anything lol hater

vCash
    I can see him going to Chicago. But Chicago really wanna trade taj?
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    i wonder why he left denver,

city > winning for melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I can see him going to Chicago. But Chicago really wanna trade taj?
    is taj all it would take?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast