Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Outstanding Article About LaMarcus Aldridge

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...blazers_t.html

Wow I like him more just from this article alone. I didn't realize how many tried to sabotage his basketball career. Didn't know he had such a great underdog story. Enjoy!

vCash
    Great player,nice that he could blossom this year.

vCash
    It's amazing how much those high school teammates and that jealousy have stuck with him to this day. "I've definitely grown to trust my teammates more to a certain point" is how the final quote is painted. Not exactly a glowing recommendation.

vCash
    local media digging around for ways to explain why the Blazers are so much better. this kind of stuff happens all the time when things are going good.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    local media digging around for ways to explain why the Blazers are so much better. this kind of stuff happens all the time when things are going good.
    I bet you're a riot at parties man.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    I bet you're a riot at parties man.
    LMAO. seriously though, these kind of pieces always come up when things are going great even when the player in question is playing identically to how he has his whole life.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    LMAO. seriously though, these kind of pieces always come up when things are going great even when the player in question is playing identically to how he has his whole life.
    Why do you say that like it's a negative? It doesn't take anything away from the story, it's still true.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Yeah but Im sure his growth as a person has some kind of effect on team play.

The media does fish out these kind of stories tho, I remember them trying to do the same for Marbury when he was finally winning, asking him what changed. Marbs wasn't falling for it tho, he just kept telling them nothing changed.

vCash
    you guys are right, i am being pessimistic. i'm not knocking the piece, players are human and it's nice to hear about the things that made them the way they are. but i guarantee this piece isn't written if the Blazers are 26-27 instead of 36-17 that's all.

vCash
    Of course dude. That's how sports always have been. Winners get more love/press.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Of course dude. That's how sports always have been. Winners get more love/press.
    not quite what i meant. i'm pretty sure Portland gets plenty of coverage either way from oregon live.

vCash
    but i guarantee this piece isn't written if the Blazers are 26-27 instead of 36-17 that's all.
    Very true.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

vCash
    i apologize if i am being too much of a skeptic, i just think this is all part of Aldridge getting way too much credit for the great season that Portland is having.

this is a nice piece that gives a little insight into his life before the NBA and in it's own right it's good.

vCash
    i apologize if i am being too much of a skeptic, i just think this is all part of Aldridge getting way too much credit for the great season that Portland is having.
    Out of curiosity, if not Aldridge, who do you credit?
    Truth^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Out of curiosity, if not Aldridge, who do you credit?
    Lillard/Matthews/Batum/Lopez constitute the most efficient foursome in the league offensively. that combined with tremendous health and a very good (but not great) Aldridge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast