Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should the Ted Wells Report end Joe Philbin's time in South Beach

I am starting to feel like it should. The treatment of Martin to me is irrelevant. I really don't care about him. But the treatment of this Assistant is unacceptable. He/ She (we don't know) was harrassed by it appears not only Incog but also other O-lineman.

Philbin claims to be a character guy... he cut and moved alot of our guys that we were developing or signed in hopes they would be here long term and now this comes out. This team is really a joke now. I would never say that about my team... I love this team but I can't lie to myself either.

I will read the report tonight... just heard some blurbs so far sounds bad. HEADS HAVE GOT TO ROLL FOR THIS

vCash
    Yes imo. The report mentions that Martinís dad had a talk with Philbin, and he said he would get Martin all the support he needs. Philbin says he was unaware of the situation

vCash
    IMO its too late now, ship has sailed on him to be the coach this season.

Would of been nice if this report came out a few months ago.... then yes I think the entire staff would be gone.

vCash
    Again for the sake of re-modeling the franchise, any player whom was involved in this must be let go. Harassment training for the team implemented and clauses put into contracts that void them under the definition of work place harassment. That sort of PR move would provide Ross with some sort of accountability to the NFL and provide a more secure and healthy working environment.

As for Philbin hard to say what to do, they should fire him. IMO Ross should hire a president of football operations and move back from being involved in day-to-day ops. If I were Hickey I would be asking for a short leash for Philbin with certain criteria he must meet ie: harassment education, public speaking on harassment, a winning record by week 5, a higher producing O-line and LB corps etc...

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-top-to-bottom

A good read, and a lot of good points

vCash
    I think it's pretty clear at this point though that Philbin is done after this year barring a monster season. How would you guys feel about Lazor being named HC if he can provide a top ten offense

vCash
    Philbin and his staff aren't going anywhere, NFL and its lawyers have decided to put the all the blame on incog, who clearly deserves most of it.

Philbin is in make or break year either way.

vCash
    It looks like Philbin knew... uh oh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Philbin and his staff aren't going anywhere, NFL and its lawyers have decided to put the all the blame on incog, who clearly deserves most of it.

Philbin is in make or break year either way.
    Agree with this. Philbin to me seems like the kind of guy that would not allow that in the locker room if he knew it was going on. Jim Turner should be canned, or suspended ala Gregg Williams in Bounty-gate scandal in NO. But the report implicates 4 people only, Incog, JJ,Pouncey and Turner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    It looks like Philbin knew... uh oh
    Report says they think he did not, but some of the stuff in the report says he did. Report kinda lost me reading it.

vCash
    report says it had been going on for awhile as Nate Garner said he had been dealing with it 6 yrs. Philbin should be fired on account that he cant coach. I don't believe for a second he didn't know about said harassment though. it is never too late to fire a HC. Browns just fired their head guys. you can fire anyone at any time. until proof of Philbin comes out of him knowing about it he shouldn't be fired. idk how he couldn't know being he is the HC

and yes all the blame seems to be falling on Incognito and no I don't think he deserves it as the blame should be on Martin. how do you call someone a bully yet be friends with him and engage in the same activity you are accusing him of?

vCash
    Any way you slice it he's a lame duck.

We might as well start a thread for 2015 mock offseasons.

And how clueless is Ross to say that one of the main reasons he wanted to keep Philbin was the great way he handled the scandal. I guess by "great" he meant being totally clueless or lying about being totally clueless.
    Last edited by Sparky; 02-14-2014 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Philbin def knew but he didn't know how bad it was. I've always said that. People forget he has an entire roster to deal with, 17 coaches, trainers, scouts, gms, etc etc. No time to baby sit.

Its why I fuly support his desire to bring in high character guys.

vCash
    It was stated before in the other thread, we signed 2 offensive line coaches because our front office may have already known what was gonna happen. If the NFL suspends Turner for the year without pay( this is the last year of his contract) he's as good as gone and we don't have to pay him anything.
    ----
    As far as Jerry and Incognito we can safely say they're gone---we're not re-signing either( there was a report that Hickey may bring in Gabe Carimi, who he brought in while with TB last yr. Of course not to start but he could take Jerry's spot)
    ----
    There may still be a chance that Martin comes back---mainly if Hickey wants to just piss off Philbin--knowing he's gotta look at Martin everyday during the season or since Martin did play for Harbaugh at Stanford( anything that can entice him to come here)
    ---
    I'm really curious to see what happens with Pouncey---do we ignore it or do we deal him.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 02-14-2014 at 10:59 PM.

vCash
    It might be plausible that Philbin didn't know if this was some fringe special team guy who barely made the roster.

But this is his starting LT on an OL that's the biggest concern on his team. You already know he's a sensitive - maybe SUICIDAL - guy and you know he's lining up next to two absolute nut cases in Ritchie and Pouncey.

This dude has the entire season riding on him since we had zero LT depth - thanks to Dallas Thomas being a bust - and you have a young QB and offensive game plan that's pass heavy - and you're not watching this guy closely????

No f'n way!!! I don't believe that for a second. And if Philbin wants us to believe that - that he's not a LIAR - then fine, but then the only alternative explanation is that he's INCOMPETENT AND NEGLIGENTLY CLUELESS

PLEASE ROSS SELL THE TEAM AND GTFO!!!
    Last edited by Sparky; 02-14-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast